Enjoy the ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

So if it DOESN'T work out, should the board not let you and others off the hook for sunshine pumping? Kind of a hot take there, well really this whole post is a stretch.

There is a lot different viewpoints here and you are lumping everyone that isn't Rah Rah Rah into one category.
    • There are definitely some people like you mention that are hung up that Marshall was fired and anything less than Marshall himself back on the sideline is not good enough.
    • There are people that are upset Brown was not given more time and will go negative towards anything in the future
    • There are people that realize Marshall dug his own grave (even if there might have been other options besides firing) and also realize that Brown needed to go but aren't sold on the fact that Mills is the right guy for WSU yet.
    • Then there are people that wanted Brown gone so bad that any little positive thing about Mills validates that he's the perfect coach and no one should challenge that because they want to be right about firing Brown. They can't separate the firing decision and the hiring decision as two independent things.
    • Then there are the true sunshine pumpers where we could literally hire a donkey to sit on the sidelines and they would swear they could see improvements.
    Every single one of these groups will be wrong in some way shape or form. Its a freaking message board, people post takes and hot takes based on data available at any given point in time. That data will evolve and people evolving one way or the other is a GOOD thing .. not something to beat someone over the head with. Now if Mills takes us to multiple tourneys in the next 3 years and people are still holding onto their negative viewpoints because its not Marshall or whatever .. that's a different story.

Not even going to comment on the ridiculousness of the last statement
    I wanted Brown “gone” because he was a poor game coach, made few if no adjustments, had a horrible morale on the team (just remember the players behavior on the bench and during time outs). If you can’t see the difference already in that respect, you’re not watching much. Things are light years improved as far as the attitude the players are presenting…both those playing and those riding the pine. IB was not inspiring to the team or to the fans. It is shame that it took so long for him to be replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by Singeril View Post

I wanted Brown “gone” because he was a poor game coach, made few if no adjustments, had a horrible morale on the team (just remember the players behavior on the bench and during time outs). If you can’t see the difference already in that respect, you’re not watching much. Things are light years improved as far as the attitude the players are presenting…both those playing and those riding the pine. IB was not inspiring to the team or to the fans. It is shame that it took so long for him to be replaced.
      I don't disagree with anything you said. Absolutely see that difference. There are still other things to be concerned about. Its definitely not a for sure path to success. Excuses or not, the first recruiting class was bad. Looking like 1, maybe two contributors from that class for various reasons. Next class is looking better, but then again both of those kids are Freshman, who likely wont be expected to contribute next year. So a lot of how well Mills "path" looks will be decided in transfer portal season. Who stays, who goes and who does he bring in. That's still a concern that likely wont be answered for a bit.

And yet again, i'm voicing these concerns while supporting the team. I'm there every home game and a handful of the away games. I donate to both SASO and NIL funds. So the many jabs about "people not happy with it should just go away" or "we should not let the people off the hook" for voicing concerns is pretty dumb and short sighted. I'd be willing to bet at least one (no one being called out in particular) person that would be throwing the jabs ACTUALLY contributes less to the program than people voicing concerns.

Comment

So if it DOESN'T work out, should the board not let you and others off the hook for sunshine pumping? Kind of a hot take there, well really this whole post is a stretch.

There is a lot different viewpoints here and you are lumping everyone that isn't Rah Rah Rah into one category.
        • There are definitely some people like you mention that are hung up that Marshall was fired and anything less than Marshall himself back on the sideline is not good enough.
        • There are people that are upset Brown was not given more time and will go negative towards anything in the future
        • There are people that realize Marshall dug his own grave (even if there might have been other options besides firing) and also realize that Brown needed to go but aren't sold on the fact that Mills is the right guy for WSU yet.
        • Then there are people that wanted Brown gone so bad that any little positive thing about Mills validates that he's the perfect coach and no one should challenge that because they want to be right about firing Brown. They can't separate the firing decision and the hiring decision as two independent things.
        • Then there are the true sunshine pumpers where we could literally hire a donkey to sit on the sidelines and they would swear they could see improvements.
        Every single one of these groups will be wrong in some way shape or form. Its a freaking message board, people post takes and hot takes based on data available at any given point in time. That data will evolve and people evolving one way or the other is a GOOD thing .. not something to beat someone over the head with. Now if Mills takes us to multiple tourneys in the next 3 years and people are still holding onto their negative viewpoints because its not Marshall or whatever .. that's a different story.

Not even going to comment on the ridiculousness of the last statement
        For the people who cannot judge the current product and process without bringing in all the baggage and hurt feelings to every post and viewpoint….I can assure you that it isn’t at all a ridiculous statement.

I’m not fully in their camp, but I’m glad the sunshine pumpers exist or this program would never have enough financial support to get back to winning basketball…so that the butt hurt, **** spewer, fair weather fans can decide to change their minds when the team starts succeeding again…. No thanks to all their garbage takes that aren’t based on the present.

Comment

Originally posted by Regul8te View Post

For the people who cannot judge the current product and process without bringing in all the baggage and hurt feelings to every post and viewpoint….I can assure you that it isn’t at all a ridiculous statement.

I’m not fully in their camp, but I’m glad the sunshine pumpers exist or this program would never have enough financial support to get back to winning basketball…so that the butt hurt, **** spewer, fair weather fans can decide to change their minds when the team starts succeeding again…. No thanks to all their garbage takes that aren’t based on the present.
          Eh .. If you are saying anything with a negative tone is only based on past hurt and not the present .. then that's you that is disconnected. Just because its not all positive doesn't mean its based on baggage and hurt feelings. It's just a realistic look at the current situation because there are both positives and negatives going on.

Comment

Eh .. If you are saying anything with a negative tone is only based on past hurt and not the present .. then that's you that is disconnected. Just because its not all positive doesn't mean its based on baggage and hurt feelings. It's just a realistic look at the current situation because there are both positives and negatives going on.
            Think this is where we can definitely find some middle ground and agree. Plenty of things need to be worked on right now. Plenty of positive signs too. Both are valid views based on the current on court product. None of that is what I was referring to. Not all negative comments are based on past wounds but quite a few have been and it’s very obvious that’s where the vitriol is coming from.

Comment

Low bball iq is also a huge factor.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Eh .. If you are saying anything with a negative tone is only based on past hurt and not the present .. then that's you that is disconnected. Just because it’s not all positive doesn't mean it’s based on baggage and hurt feelings. It's just a realistic look at the current situation because there are both positives and negatives going on.
                Who on earth was upset Brown was not given enough time?

Comment

Originally posted by Rize Ballz View Post

Who on earth was upset Brown was not given enough time?
                  Uh .. there was quite an uproar (mainly on the facebook groups) about it. I don't think there were many on here.

Comment

Excuses or not, the first recruiting class was bad. Looking like 1, maybe two contributors from that class for various reasons.
                    I’m happy you’re in SASO and NIL. And we need a bunch more fans like you going forward. I mean that with 100% sincerity. It’s important.

But also comments like this are where you completely lose me. You don’t have a clue how good or bad the class is or how some of these guys will be. It’s literally been 2 games.

If Beverly is still a turnover machine, Rignald does nothing else of note, Cortez isn’t eligible and Germany isn’t playing - in mid-January. Maybe you’re right.

But good god it’s not even mid-November yet.

It makes it look like you’re just trying to pile on because you gut-hated the hire.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

I’m happy you’re in SASO and NIL. And we need a bunch more fans like you going forward. I mean that with 100% sincerity. It’s important.

But also comments like this are where you completely lose me. You don’t have a clue how good or bad the class is or how some of these guys will be. It’s literally been 2 games.

If Beverly is still a turnover machine, Rignald does nothing else of note, Cortez isn’t eligible and Germany isn’t playing - in mid-January. Maybe you’re right.

But good god it’s not even mid-November yet.

It makes it look like you’re just trying to pile on because you gut-hated the hire.
                      I mean you basically agreed with my statement. That why I said "its looking like" and then you confirmed exactly what I'm seeing. The freshman are TBD and unlikely to play much (which is expected). Beverly has been not good for 5 of the 6 halves including the exhibition. Ridgnal looks like a steal as a Rashard Kelly type player. Cortez seems unlikely to play this year and well .. Germany hasn't gotten on the floor much and didnt' look like he should be on the floor in the little time he has. So I think we are in agreement. It LOOKS LIKE 1 maybe 2 contributors. Didn't say that's how its going to be at the end of the year, but based on all the data we have up to this point .. then that's how it looks.

Comment

I mean you basically agreed with my statement. That why I said "its looking like" and then you confirmed exactly what I'm seeing. The freshman are TBD and unlikely to play much (which is expected). Beverly has been not good for 5 of the 6 halves including the exhibition. Ridgnal looks like a steal as a Rashard Kelly type player. Cortez seems unlikely to play this year and well .. Germany hasn't gotten on the floor much and didnt' look like he should be on the floor in the little time he has. So I think we are in agreement. It LOOKS LIKE 1 maybe 2 contributors. Didn't say that's how its going to be at the end of the year, but based on all the data we have up to this point .. then that's how it looks.
                        I don’t think performances in two games is looking like anything.

I don’t believe a cogent fan, or observer, would extrapolate opinions based off such a small sample size.

And certainly shouldn’t already label the entire recruiting class as “bad” after such a small sample size.

I think a jump to those types of conclusions makes it seem like the fan has already made up his or her mind about certain things, which is really what this entire thread is about.

Comment

I don’t think performances in two games is looking like anything.

I don’t believe a cogent fan, or observer, would extrapolate opinions based off such a small sample size.

And certainly shouldn’t already label the entire recruiting class as “bad” after such a small sample size.

I think a jump to those types of conclusions makes it seem like the fan has already made up his or her mind about certain things, which is really what this entire thread is about.
                          Its interesting .. why do you say "I don’t believe a cogent fan, or observer, would extrapolate opinions based off such a small sample size." but are only calling out people that are drawing negative opinions? If you believe your statement, you should be calling people out for being excited about what they see too. Because you know .. it's too small of sample size to say things are going good too?

So you better get to calling out anyone that puts ANY opinion out. Otherwise it seems you just don't like when someone calls out something early that doesn't match YOUR opinion.

Comment

Its interesting .. why do you say "I don’t believe a cogent fan, or observer, would extrapolate opinions based off such a small sample size." but are only calling out people that are drawing negative opinions? If you believe your statement, you should be calling people out for being excited about what they see too. Because you know .. it's too small of sample size to say things are going good too?

So you better get to calling out anyone that puts ANY opinion out. Otherwise it seems you just don't like when someone calls out something early that doesn't match YOUR opinion.
                            I don’t really have a strong opinion on much. It’s very early. I think saying Mill’s first recruiting class is bad after 2 games is a very premature take.

Comment

I don’t really have a strong opinion on much. It’s very early. I think saying Mill’s first recruiting class is bad after 2 games is a very premature take.
                              Kinda like the people that were hailing it as amazing before they ever played a game for us.

Comment

Kinda like the people that were hailing it as amazing before they ever played a game for us.
                                I would be interested in seeing any posts about the class as declarative positively as you have been negatively.

Comment

Working...
                                X