Enjoy the ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

I would be interested in seeing any posts about the class as declarative positively as you have been negatively.
    You mean like the 20 posts that were calling me an idiot because I said I didn't think Germany was an AAC starter level player?

Comment

Stick went absolutely off the rails when Mills was hired. His opinions might be accepted better if they hadn't been preceded by intense and repeated criticism of hiring Mills. That background followed by intense and repeated and repeated and repeated negative comments about nearly every aspect of everything Mills has done leads one to believe there's bias in his observations. That's an ideal way to be criticized for those opinions.

Another point I would like to make. Repeating the same criticisms over and over and over doesn't make them more credible. It makes the poster more irritating. That's another ideal method for a poster to be criticized.

It's hard to be the most irritating and obnoxious poster on SN. The competition is fierce. Stick owns that crown the way K-State owned Baylor today.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        Stick went absolutely off the rails when Mills was hired. His opinions might be accepted better if they hadn't been preceded by intense and repeated criticism of hiring Mills. That background followed by intense and repeated and repeated and repeated negative comments about nearly every aspect of everything Mills has done leads one to believe there's bias in his observations. That's an ideal way to be criticized for those opinions.
        Yes. Said it better than I could.

Comment

Another point I would like to make. Repeating the same criticisms over and over and over doesn't make them more credible. It makes the poster more irritating. That's another ideal method for a poster to be criticized.

It's hard to be the most irritating and obnoxious poster on SN. The competition is fierce. Stick owns that crown the way K-State owned Baylor today.
          Lol .. says the person who has to keep making up scenarios that never happened in order to act like they won arguments.

Basically what you are saying is my opinions might be better accepted if they agreed with your opinions. Gotcha. Lets all just mute everyone else and let Aargh tell us what its supposed to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Lol .. says the person who has to keep making up scenarios that never happened in order to act like they won arguments.

Basically what you are saying is my opinions might be better accepted if they agreed with your opinions. Gotcha. Lets all just mute everyone else and let Aargh tell us what its supposed to be.
            At no place in that post did I say your opinions would be better accepted if they agreed with mine. Since you seem to have trouble comprehending the written word, let me put this in terms you might more easily understand.

Your opinions would be better accepted if you weren't such a dick.

Comment

At no place in that post did I say your opinions would be better accepted if they agreed with mine. Since you seem to have trouble comprehending the written word, let me put this in terms you might more easily understand.

Your opinions would be better accepted if you weren't such a dick.
              Lol I'm a dick? and not the people constantly tell anyone with anything negative to say about the team or Mills that they should "find a new hobby" or **** like that? Nah, I'm just stating an opinion. It only comes off like a dick to you because it disagrees with your opinion.

Also who just said something like oh say this "It's hard to be the most irritating and obnoxious poster on SN. The competition is fierce. Stick owns that crown the way K-State owned Baylor today."

That's umm .. very "dick" like. So look in a mirror asshole

Comment

Lol I'm a dick? and not the people constantly tell anyone with anything negative to say about the team or Mills that they should "find a new hobby" or **** like that? Nah, I'm just stating an opinion. It only comes off like a dick to you because it disagrees with your opinion.

Also who just said something like oh say this "It's hard to be the most irritating and obnoxious poster on SN. The competition is fierce. Stick owns that crown the way K-State owned Baylor today."

That's umm .. very "dick" like. So look in a mirror asshole
                Note to self: Stick doesn't take advice well.

I will let him have the last word here because it seems like I'm in a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Comment

Note to self: Stick doesn't take advice well.

I will let him have the last word here because it seems like I'm in a battle of wits with an unarmed person.
                  You really need to look in the mirror. You are basically attempting to call me out for exactly what you do.

You had me curious though. I went back through my last like 4 months of posting history. Trying to see if I had told anyone they weren't allowed to voice their opinion. Sure enough, no I did not. I was told multiple times, in one way or another, I shouldn't voice my opinion.

I also went to look to see when I might have been a "dick" to anyone. There might have been one post that had any snark to it, that wasn't in response to someone else throwing snark at me first.

So yea, you might want to look internally at the crap you are projecting on me. Since in your last three posts you've managed to proactively throw personal insults out instead actually discussing topics at hand.

Comment

This is why we can’t have nice things.

Comment

Comment

Well .. Just going to say .. seeing the number of people that "liked" this post .. a little eye opening. I personally thought I've been nothing more than passionate about what I feel is going good or bad with the program. That's obviously not how it's coming off to others. So i'll just say, My bad, that wasn't my intention and I'll attempt to adjust my message and tone to not come off as a "dick" or whatever you want to call it. Doesn't mean I'll be rah rah and fall in line, but I'll try to say my opinions in other ways.

Comment

I’m getting lost in all these paragraphs. I blame the UK sleepy weather for making me tired (or staying up til midnight to watch the stupid games live lol).

But I’ll be the first to admit I was happy IB was gone (although I wanted him to have success). I was also quite disappointed *initially* in the Mills hire. I remained skeptical up until I got to see the team in action. It looks genuinely like everybody’s loving it, there’s noticeable improvement, and trending back the direction. Even the biggest criticism (we’re screwed if we get pressured), he had the team ready to handle. I really do like what I’m seeing.

Now is he the GUY? I really hope so. Still have some reservations (particularly when I see how many wins/losses he has), but I try to remind myself that Oral Roberts is exceedingly difficult to coach at. Just can’t wait to see him against some of the more established teams.

Comment

Well .. Just going to say .. seeing the number of people that "liked" this post .. a little eye opening. I personally thought I've been nothing more than passionate about what I feel is going good or bad with the program. That's obviously not how it's coming off to others. So i'll just say, My bad, that wasn't my intention and I'll attempt to adjust my message and tone to not come off as a "dick" or whatever you want to call it. Doesn't mean I'll be rah rah and fall in line, but I'll try to say my opinions in other ways.
                            Don't let the sunshine pumpers dissuade you from continuing to post the way you do. If I agree with you or not, your posts seem to be fairly well thought out and reasoned and not led by emotion like some.

ShockerNet for the most part has always had a wide array of views. Less noticeable when things were rolling and there was am exception under the previous leadership. For some reason, there are some on this board that as they've gotten older seem to be less willing to hear viewpoints that clash with their own. Some of these posters are very vocal. But I still believe they're in the minority and most of us can still rationally disagree and be civil in our discussions about why we don't see things the same way.

If I'm wrong, that means the polarization of politics has infiltrated too many people on a deeper level and it effects their ability to be opened minded even outside of the political realm.

I don't think I'm wrong though.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Don't let the sunshine pumpers dissuade you from continuing to post the way you do. If I agree with you or not, your posts seem to be fairly well thought out and reasoned and not led by emotion like some.

ShockerNet for the most part has always had a wide array of views. Less noticeable when things were rolling and there was am exception under the previous leadership. For some reason, there are some on this board that as they've gotten older seem to be less willing to hear viewpoints that clash with their own. Some of these posters are very vocal. But I still believe they're in the minority and most of us can still rationally disagree and be civil in our discussions about why we don't see things the same way.

If I'm wrong, that means the polarization of politics has infiltrated too many people on a deeper level and it effects their ability to be opened minded even outside of the political realm.

I don't think I'm wrong though.
                              Eh, I'm willing to admit if I've mis judged something. If one or maybe two people were saying I'm coming off as an annoying ahole, I just write it off as they don't like people that disagree with them. But when its a bunch, as it appears here, I'm ok doing a bit of self reflection on my method of delivery that maybe I'm not seeing the way many others are. I'm not changing my opinion, but just saying I'll attempt to be a bit more cautious about delivery on it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
                                I’m getting lost in all these paragraphs. I blame the UK sleepy weather for making me tired (or staying up til midnight to watch the stupid games live lol).

But I’ll be the first to admit I was happy IB was gone (although I wanted him to have success). I was also quite disappointed *initially* in the Mills hire. I remained skeptical up until I got to see the team in action. It looks genuinely like everybody’s loving it, there’s noticeable improvement, and trending back the direction. Even the biggest criticism (we’re screwed if we get pressured), he had the team ready to handle. I really do like what I’m seeing.

Now is he the GUY? I really hope so. Still have some reservations (particularly when I see how many wins/losses he has), but I try to remind myself that Oral Roberts is exceedingly difficult to coach at. Just can’t wait to see him against some of the more established teams.
                                To be fair, my reservations aren't with his on the court abilities. I think their is more than enough to work with there. My main reservations lie in whether he can get the level of dudes you need to compete in the AAC and the NCAA tourney. Unfortunately, that's not a question that can be answered mid year.

Comment

Working...
                                X