No announcement yet.

2023-2024 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another one brewing, but not as big of upset. With under 8 left in the game, 3-4 UNLV leads #8 Creighton 62-46. This will probably jinx it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
      Creighton down 16 to UNLV in the second half and that’s also hilarious.
      OK. If Creighton pulls it out, it's not my fault now.

Comment

• Only problem is I have to listen to Pete Gillen. Could be the nicest guy in the world but his voice sounds like nails on a chalkboard.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• UNLV took Creighton by 15, 79 - 64.

UNLV has wins against Stetson, Pepperdine, Akron and Creighton. They have losses to Southern, Richmond, Florida State, and Louisiana Monroe.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
            Chicago State beats Northwestern on the road. Probably the biggest upset we’ll see this season overall, although nothing will match the Eastern Illinois victory over Iowa last year.
            Saw a game photo taken and Chicago State's uniforms had "Southside" on the front. Thinking "ICT" or "316" on the front of ours. No use being the last to try something different.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post

Saw a game photo taken and Chicago State's uniforms had "Southside" on the front. Thinking "ICT" or "316" on the front of ours. No use being the last to try something different.
              I wouldn't mind ICT. Putting extra numbers on the jersey seems a bit much though.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I wouldn't mind ICT. Putting extra numbers on the jersey seems a bit much though.
                Raptors 905 do it. I think the key is really stylizing the number that is the "name" on the jersey.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

At least it wouldn't be an upside down or backwards "2" or "5"...
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Listening to Sports Daily and kstate media guy Tim Fitzgerald said he's 95% sure Tang will leave after the season and schools are putting out feelers. Only way to rectify is to send the president packing. He sounded really dejected.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                      Listening to Sports Daily and kstate media guy Tim Fitzgerald said he's 95% sure Tang will leave after the season and schools are putting out feelers. Only way to rectify is to send the president packing. He sounded really dejected.
                      Some school out there will do this for Tang:

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• He'd be a hot commodity no doubt. Might even get a promotion and raise out of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post

It would also explain why the team is so bad every year.

"Son, you seem like a great kid and great player. Want to stay on the south side of Chicago for four years and play basketball?"

Not to mention you'd always have to beware of a man named Leroy Brown.

And they're still responsible for one of the craziest end of game sequences ever.

I don't think UMKC would draw half or even a quarter of that crowd today.
                          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Tulane survives 117-110 in 2OT vs Furman .. at home.

Tulane also did 2 dunks after Furman called off the pressure to allow the clock to run out. One of them was a half second after the buzzer. pretty shitty sportsmanship

Comment

• I saw a game photo, and one team’s uniforms said CLT. Had to read the story to figure out that it was Charlotte. Ohhh - their airport designation.

Comment

• Airport in Starksville Ms STF

Comment

Working...
                                X