No announcement yet.

2023-2024 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tiggers couldn't hold on at Ole Miss, losing by 3. They were outscored by 10 in the 2nd half.

Comment

• SIU now up 28 in the 2nd half. They must be a Jeckyll and Hyde type of team, especially offensively.

Comment

• KSU needs OT to avoid being Alcorned by North Alabama. If we can beat Mizzou or at least give them a good game, I may start thinking we will be favored over the Kitties, assuming we don't stumble against SDSU or SIU.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          The Tiggers couldn't hold on at Ole Miss, losing by 3. They were outscored by 10 in the 2nd half.
          Penny really looked lost and confused down the stretch while Beard was engaged/actively coaching but I guess that's not real news.

Comment

• The Ugly Dawgs hit four straight threes (three by one player) to go up by 34 with 7+ to go. I think they have it well in hand. SLU hasn't looked very good on offense other than a few Tim Dalger drives. That may have something to do with SIU's defense, which has been pretty good.

Comment

• 42 point lead for the Salukis now. They are shooting Billikins in a barrel, at this point. 16 of 26 from 3. I think Xavier Johnson might be a better version of Etienne.

Comment

I'm finding the Valley kind of interesting this year. Maybe it's because they are playing conference games already. Indiana St just put up 49 in the first half on Bradley in Peoria and lead by 19. Saw an Evansville player shoulder check a UNI player on a UE fast break that was totally unnecessary and caused the basket to not count. Funny stuff.

In AAC action USF continues to struggle, down 10 to UMass in the 2nd half. UNT and Memphis both lead at or near halftime.
                You made me look and I saw a score that made me say YIKES!

SIU - 93
                St. Louis - 53

With 5 minutes left.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

The Ugly Dawgs hit four straight threes (three by one player) to go up by 34 with 7+ to go. I think they have it well in hand. SLU hasn't looked very good on offense other than a few Tim Dalger drives. That may have something to do with SIU's defense, which has been pretty good.
                  Unreal shooting.

It's FORTY now. (42 actually 93-51) with 5:21 left.

SIU is 16-26 from 3 and 34-47 overall. That means they are 18-21 from 2. 3 missed 2s all game.

Comment

• SIU's previous record for points in a game was 101. Which both does and doesn't surprise me.

Comment

The Salukis have a Tyson Etienne light in Xavier Johnson. They use him like IB used Tyson. The ball is in his hands a lot, though Johnson might be more apt to pass.
                      Johnson has been around Pitt -> Indiana -> SIU. He's 24 years old and 6'3"

He averages 31.5 minutes, 21.8 points, 4.7 assists, and shoots 45.6% (overall). He leads SIU in all 3 categories and he improved all 3 categories today.. I believe he will be introduced to a Mr. Beverly when he visits Wichita.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Rice currently down at half to 0-5 Houston Christian.

Their other games this year have been
                        BYU 63-110
                        FIU 74-83
                        UTSA 87-89
                        Oklahoma State 65-92
                        TCU 64-101

Comment

SIU now up 28 in the 2nd half. They must be a Jeckyll and Hyde type of team, especially offensively.
                          How do you go from putting up 48 vs Indiana State and losing by 29 to putting up 101 vs Saint Louis and winning by 39 in back to back games?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                            Rice currently down at half to 0-5 Houston Christian.

Their other games this year have been
                            BYU 63-110
                            FIU 74-83
                            UTSA 87-89
                            Oklahoma State 65-92
                            TCU 64-101
                            Rice wins by 9.

Comment

• If Rice and UTSA don’t finish last and next to last in our conference, some other coach is gonna get fired.

Watched a bit of Rice…..man they’re not good.

Comment

• I am STUNNED that New Mexico and New Mexico State are playing after last year’s fiasco.

Comment

Working...
                                X