No announcement yet.

2023-2024 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indiana State wins this season (and they have a good net of 28???????????))

Saint Mary of the Woods College 0-2
    IUPUI 2-13
    Rice 9-15
    Pepperdine 10-16
    Toledo 15-9
    SIU 16-9
    Bradley 17-8
    Northern Illinois 9-15
    So. Indiana 7-18
    Ball State 12-12
    Tenn St. 15-11
    Evansville 15-11
    Northern Iowa 13-12
    Belmont 14-11
    Missouri St 14-11
    Murray State 10-15
    UIC 10-15
    Bradley 17-8
    Belmont 14-11
    Drake 21-5
    Valparaiso 6-19
    Missouri St 14-11

A combined record of 260 Wins vs. 257 Losses
    Indiana State's best win was against Drake, and Drake's best win was against Indiana State.

I don't want to be that guy (because math is hard) that picks on the little guy, but what in tarnation gives Indiana State such a high net ranking? No way in hell would I put Indiana State in as an at large over K-State, and I DO NOT like K-State, who was gifted a win (let's just call it charity-stripe) on their court against the Wichita State.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
      Indiana State wins this season (and they have a good net of 28???????????))

IUPUI 2-13
      Rice 9-15
      Pepperdine 10-16
      Toledo 15-9
      SIU 16-9
      Bradley 17-8
      Northern Illinois 9-15
      So. Indiana 7-18
      Ball State 12-12
      Tenn St. 15-11
      Evansville 15-11
      Northern Iowa 13-12
      Belmont 14-11
      Missouri St 14-11
      Murray State 10-15
      UIC 10-15
      Bradley 17-8
      Belmont 14-11
      Drake 21-5
      Valparaiso 6-19
      Missouri St 14-11

Indiana State's best win was against Drake, and Drake's best win was against Indiana State.

I don't want to be that guy (because math is hard) that picks on the little guy, but what in tarnation gives Indiana State such a high net ranking? No way in hell would I put Indiana State in as an at large over K-State, and I DO NOT like K-State, who was gifted a win (let's just call it charity-stripe) on their court against the Wichita State.
      Look at their margin of victory. They have won big versus bad competition so their efficiency rankings are propping them up

Comment

• Perhaps the Valley figured out how to use the NET, much like they did the RPI when we were in the conference lol
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Trying to figure out what this says about the conference.
          I think you know the answer to that. Total ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
            K-State knocks off KU in OT
            K|UCK-CITY and a few select others are waking up to the fact that their competitive advantage has greatly dissipated. Being allowed to cheat in a game where most everybody else is ruled with an iron fist is history. It will be very funny to watch the variability of their yearly win/loss totals normalize.

Comment

IUPUI 2-13
              Rice 9-15
              Pepperdine 10-16
              Toledo 15-9
              SIU 16-9
              Bradley 17-8
              Northern Illinois 9-15
              So. Indiana 7-18
              Ball State 12-12
              Tenn St. 15-11
              Evansville 15-11
              Northern Iowa 13-12
              Belmont 14-11
              Missouri St 14-11
              Murray State 10-15
              UIC 10-15
              Bradley 17-8
              Belmont 14-11
              Drake 21-5
              Valparaiso 6-19
              Missouri St 14-11

That is a St Louis or bust resume. Period. I don’t care what their NET is. There have been NETs higher than that that have been left out.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Memphis loses by 10 to North Texas. Looking like a 1 bid league unless someone beats FAU in the tourney .. even then, FAU isn't a lock if they drop a couple more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                  Memphis loses by 10 to North Texas. Looking like a 1 bid league unless someone beats FAU in the tourney .. even then, FAU isn't a lock if they drop a couple more.
                  I still don't think the AAC is a bad league, a lot of teams just haven't helped themselves:
                  • SMU (39th on Bart Torvik) has only one Q3/Q4 loss (us lol) but hasn't won a Q1 game this year.
                  • North Texas (53rd on Bart Torvik) has been missing starters most of the year, wasn't great in the important part of their non-con.
                  • Memphis (96th on Bart Torvik) did very well to start the year thought the non-con was all that mattered and has been bad in the AAC.
                  • UAB (124th on Bart Torvik) would actually have a pretty decent resume if not for a three game stretch where they lost to McNeese, Southern Miss, and Arkansas State.
                  I left Charlotte and South Florida off the list because I think they're both playing close to their maximum potential (top 80-100 in Bart Torvik) right now and don't think they could have ever been at-large teams.

Comment

• Well. It's college game day......(sigh).....Somebody tell me about the good old days where we were relevant.

Comment

• Does Tylor Perry have to get EVERY call?

Comment

IUPUI 2-13
                        Rice 9-15
                        Pepperdine 10-16
                        Toledo 15-9
                        SIU 16-9
                        Bradley 17-8
                        Northern Illinois 9-15
                        So. Indiana 7-18
                        Ball State 12-12
                        Tenn St. 15-11
                        Evansville 15-11
                        Northern Iowa 13-12
                        Belmont 14-11
                        Missouri St 14-11
                        Murray State 10-15
                        UIC 10-15
                        Bradley 17-8
                        Belmont 14-11
                        Drake 21-5
                        Valparaiso 6-19
                        Missouri St 14-11

Ok. So Indiana State just lost to SIU. Wichita State beat SIU. Wichita State gave freaking Temple their only conference win of the year so far and has lost countless games at home. But Indiana State is ranked and has a good net? Bah haahahahahahahahahah! Like C3PO said....I knew all along, it had to be a mistake.

Comment

Ok. So Indiana State just lost to SIU. Wichita State beat SIU. Wichita State gave freaking Temple their only conference win of the year so far and has lost countless games at home. But Indiana State is ranked and has a good net? Bah haahahahahahahahahah! Like C3PO said....I knew all along, it had to be a mistake.
                          Almost never a fan of it, but If SIU fans were chanting ‘OVER RATED!’ As the game ended they would have been accurate.

Comment

• USF out to a big early lead 13-4 on FAU in a battle for first in conference

Comment

• The Bulls got themselves a coach. Coaching matters.

Comment

• They have the upper bowl open at the Yuengling Center for the first time in years.

Update: it's actually USF's first sellout since 2001(!!)
                                Last edited by TrackSuitAndTie; February 18, 2024, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X