Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan View Post

We can blame WSU all we want but it’s Cortes that blew off classes at OU
    What does that have to do with anything? A school with lawyers running the show can get ex-cons eligible.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

What does that have to do with anything? A school with lawyers running the show can get ex-cons eligible.
      I understand the sarcasm but in both cases the ncaa was involved in one decision and not involved in the other. The underlying factor of both is the ncaa.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        At this point I am pretty sure we fill out and sign our waiver requests with crayons.
        Unfortunately , made me laugh...

Comment

Actually, I was in OKC last weekend and anOU friend told me word on the street was Cortez entered portal, dropped out of class....bad move...

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
            Actually, I was in OKC last weekend and anOU friend told me word on the street was Cortez entered portal, dropped out of class....bad move...
            Hope our coaches learned to vet players a little better. Sounds like he pulled a Jaron Pierre.

Comment

Unfortunately, a good handful of these kids don’t care much for the “student” part of student-athlete.

Luckily for them though, a lot of schools don’t either and it soon might not even be a requirement anyways.
              The Assman

Comment

We'll likely never know the truth but if that was the case (and assuming no health or personal issues involved) I would have moved on from him. That's deceitful behavior underlying a character issue. Of course, I don't know what went down.

Comment

The business video's that show people with huge problems in the lives that you can't tell from the outside, might or might not apply here. Maybe he was lazy, irresponsible, didn't care about school, or who knows what, but no one here truly knows Bijan Cortes, and what his life entailed last spring, as his basketball dreams weren't coming true for him at OU. Because his basketball life was taking a nose dive is why he is here. Either way, the NCAA is inconsistent in it's rulings on non-P5 players.

Comment

Take it fwiw, it was just under a year ago he “left” OU’s program. The rumor I heard (absolutely not trying to perpetuate a rumor here), was that he had a mental health issue. Again, just what I heard-don’t shoot the messenger.

Comment

Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                      Take it fwiw, it was just under a year ago he “left” OU’s program. The rumor I heard (absolutely not trying to perpetuate a rumor here), was that he had a mental health issue. Again, just what I heard-don’t shoot the messenger.
                      that terminology gets tossed around pretty freely. They all have mental health issues when they aren't playing as much as they thought, or the practices are too hard, or school is too demanding. I have a kid in college and she's called me crying multiple times about being stressed out. Most of the kids just need someone to talk to and keep their heads in the game. Growing up can be hard.

Comment

Of course he did, he was being tormented by his peers and classmates for entering the portal (which he did due to verbal abuse by coaches) which caused tremendous mental hardship. If you, the NCAA, can't see that for what it is, we'll likely need to take this to court -- which we don't want to do, but what choice are you giving us if you don't sign the waiver ignoring your very own mental hardship rules?
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

This is ongoing as we speak. Could be huge news if it is granted. Mit is posting updates on his page if you are interested in following along. Also, he posted a link to listen to the hearing.

Comment

Update:

Comment

If he had already dropped out of classes when we were recruiting him .. that's bad on him and also bad on the coaches.

If he dropped out after and didn't tell the staff ... I'm not sure why he's still on the team. That's not the type of player that should be here.

Comment

Originally posted by SkoShox View Post

This is ongoing as we speak. Could be huge news if it is granted. Mit is posting updates on his page if you are interested in following along. Also, he posted a link to listen to the hearing.
                                Wonder if the TRO will be only enforced in those 7 states... The NCAA sure will try.

Comment

Working...
                                X