Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting now.

Comment

No status update on Cortez during the show. If I caught it right, all their finals will be done by mid-week-although I may have misheard that.

It would be nice to know what the next steps are regarding Cortez. i.e. are they in the process of getting approved, if he does get approved-when would be the earliest he would play? And so forth.

Of course, that would have meant that Kennedy would had to have asked a probing question or two. “Not gonna happen” - Pres. GHW Bush. (In Dana Carvey voice).

Comment

Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
        No status update on Cortez during the show. If I caught it right, all their finals will be done by mid-week-although I may have misheard that.

It would be nice to know what the next steps are regarding Cortez. i.e. are they in the process of getting approved, if he does get approved-when would be the earliest he would play? And so forth.

Of course, that would have meant that Kennedy would had to have asked a probing question or two. “Not gonna happen” - Pres. GHW Bush. (In Dana Carvey voice).
        Inside George H.W. Bush's unlikely friendship with Dana Carvey (youtube.com)

Comment

Yeah finals will basically be done on Wednesday.
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I will give the team a break for not showing up with much energy just before finals. I will give credit to Mills for taking the bullet on their not showing up with energy rather than using finals as an excuse. Preparing for finaks can suck the energy out of a person.

Pohto better be getting really good grades.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

It was more like “Na ga happen” at the end … Carvey parodied himself… loved it

Comment

The only excuse for not playing hard is fatigue and I am pretty sure that wasn't the case. We were simply out played and out coached. Credit goes to the team that came to play. They deserved the win - we did not. I would hope going forward we will never hear we were tired, not giving 100% or unprepared.

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

It was more like “Na ga happen” at the end … Carvey parodied himself… loved it
                  Wouldn't be prudent, at this juncture.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    I will give the team a break for not showing up with much energy just before finals. I will give credit to Mills for taking the bullet on their not showing up with energy rather than using finals as an excuse. Preparing for finaks can suck the energy out of a person.

Excuse train rolls along ...

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Cortez had better be getting good grades...

Comment

Originally posted by N Crestway View Post

Cortes as well...

Comment

Originally posted by N Crestway View Post

I seriously doubt that will be enough. Since it appears another waiver must be submitted and granted. Who here actually thinks that waiver will be granted even if he gets straight A's? I am not holding my breath.
                          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

At this point I am pretty sure we fill out and sign our waiver requests with crayons.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              At this point I am pretty sure we fill out and sign our waiver requests with crayons.
                              We can blame WSU all we want but it’s Cortes that blew off classes at OU

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

We can blame WSU all we want but it’s Cortes that blew off classes at OU
                                Yep. Cortes pretty much sandbagged Mills - at a time Mills was still expecting he had a shot at Abmas.

Mills had the possibility that Cortes was actually going to classes and that Abmas might sign with WSU. Neither was an unreasonable expectation. When neither of them worked out, the guy who should have been 2 or 3 deep on the depth chart ended up being the starting PG.

It's tough to overcome losing your two top PG recruits in a single recruiting class.|

Abmas may have been an NIL loss. He had an NCAA tourney run with Mills, so wanting to play for a tourney team was probably not one of his major considerations.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X