X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B1ShockFan View Post
    Well, where is it?
    I mean it is on right now. KFH
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Thanks, I thought it was on KEYN

Comment

In the pre-game show Sunday Bob Hull was emotionally talking about how this team needs a leader who will get in someone's face when needed during a game. I missed what prefaced his comment though.

Comment

Because of travel, I’m forced to hear other announcers either on games or coaches shows and no one asks tough questions or is heavily critical of the play… I’m still waiting for the Hanni knucklehead to ask Self what it would have felt like to coach a game from prison… THAT would be tough journalism!!!
          I’ll take Kennedy

Comment

Someone commented that MK sounded like a PR guy for WSU. THAT'S. HIS. JOB! If he wasn't a PR guy for WSU, he would be replaced.

Another part of his job is selling most of the ads for the basketball games he calls. As I understand it, MK owns the business that has the broadcast rights for WSU basketball and he and Dahl sell most of the ads. If he was hard on the players or coaches, he might find it more difficult to sell advertising. His entire livelihood depends on him being a rah-rah guy for the Shox.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

I realize this is an unpopular opinion but this is exactly why I've been lukewarm on the legend. I mean I don't dislike him to the point I want him replaced, and I respect his commitment and knowledge...but I just see him as a PR company mouthpiece who at times has been condescending to the fanbase when too many questions are posed.
              If you were paid to make Yoder tech sound like a great team, I would guess that you would do just that.
              As voice of the shockers his job is to give insite without insult. Craig Way is the MK of Texas and does the same.

Comment

Listen I fully understand what MK's role is I just choose not to lap it up. The casual fan doesn't get that and takes whatever he says as the gospel truth. I just find him too condescending at times.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  Someone commented that MK sounded like a PR guy for WSU. THAT'S. HIS. JOB! If he wasn't a PR guy for WSU, he would be replaced.

Another part of his job is selling most of the ads for the basketball games he calls. As I understand it, MK owns the business that has the broadcast rights for WSU basketball and he and Dahl sell most of the ads. If he was hard on the players or coaches, he might find it more difficult to sell advertising. His entire livelihood depends on him being a rah-rah guy for the Shox.
                  Shocker Sports Properties owns all the broadcast rights. They sell the advertising. Judge Dahl is not out selling ads. I don’t think MK is either.
                  Last edited by jcdshocker; January 9, 2024, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Dude View Post
                    In the pre-game show Sunday Bob Hull was emotionally talking about how this team needs a leader who will get in someone's face when needed during a game. I missed what prefaced his comment though.
                    Yeah, after commercial break, he said something to the effect of, "sorry I got so carried away,"

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Yeah, after commercial break, he said something to the effect of, "sorry I got so carried away,"
                      Stay in your lane Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post

Shocker Sports Properties owns all the broadcast rights. They sell the advertising. Judge Dahl is not out seeing ads. I don’t think MK is either.
                        This is 100% correct.

Comment

• is there one tonight?

Comment

• I couldn’t find the coach’s show either.

Comment

• According to the schedule no shows tonight, hope for a Nooner show to satisfy your need not in the cards either.

Comment

• I’m pretty sure I heard MK say in the post game on Sunday no show this week due to scheduling conflict.

Maybe it’s just me, but I get real tired of MK promoting the coaches show at the start of every season saying that we’re going to have a show every Monday night, and then we have one half the time if we’re lucky. It seems like this happens every year. This season I’m thinking we’re having one about 30% of the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X