2023/2024 Coaches Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    Why in the world are we doing a tape delayed coach’s show?
    To keep shockernet from calling in
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
      When you say something is "live" that implies it's being broadcast. Unless you're recording a show with zombies, of course it's "live". And Kennedy clearly doesn't know they are airing it on tape the next day, as he promoted it being live on KFH Monday night multiple times during Sundays game.
      It's possible that the decision to broadcast those shows on the radio on Tuesday instead of Monday may not have been made or communicated until later Sunday or even Monday morning. The annnouncements by Wichita State were posted on X at around 10:00 this morning. In fact, the schedule on GoShockers.com still lists the shows as on the schedule for this eveining (which techinically they were at Deano's). But no mention of the taped broadcast on Tuesday except for the X posts as far as I can tell. Very possible Mike was not aware of this during Sunday's game broadcast.

Not a big deal one way or the other if the shows are archived. I rarely am able to catch a full show live anyway. I like having the archived shows to listen to at my convenience. Hopefully, they stay on top of that and have those readily available.

Comment

it's on

Comment

man, paul mills sounds like gregg marshall.. his observations and musings. uncanny

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
            man, paul mills sounds like gregg marshall.. his observations and musings. uncanny
            Didn't get that vibe at all, but he is anylitical

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
              A much cleaner version.

Comment

And the Archived Shows are available this morning as well: https://www.audacy.com/podcast/kfhfm-on-demand-8f571

Comment

His shows are pretty amazing. IMO, even better than GM shows.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                    His shows are pretty amazing. IMO, even better than GM shows.
                    Same for the show tonight. I do wish he had talked about the Missouri game coming up though. He is very impressed with Richmond team it seems.

Comment

I'm sure they're scouting MO crazytime. I haven't seen assistant coaches on the WSU bench - this vocal and animated - in some time. Take it one game at a time. Don't look past Richmond. With this many new faces and things to work on, maybe not even look past Tuesday's practice.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Dude View Post

Same for the show tonight. I do wish he had talked about the Missouri game coming up though. He is very impressed with Richmond team it seems.
                        No coach is going to openly admit or talk about the next opponent when they have a tough game coming up next. Even if he is preparing for Mizzou, no way he will want to openly discuss it just yet.

Comment

I have been a proponent of HCPM from the day we hired him. I am even more so now. He has accomplished a lot with what he was handed. It's no surprise when you listen to him talk about how he approaches the games and practices with the players. They know what is expected and are held accountable. As players they have to like that, and as a long term fan I like it.

I know some on here don't think he recruited very well. That may be a fair criticism, but he had to re-recruit several existing players and try and fill the holes that were there from graduation and players like Jaykwon leaving. I like the players he did bring in and he seems to get a lot out of the guys who were already here as well. I think he gets a ton of respect from the players and he will have a much easier time in the portal this year based upon what players are seeing and will see with the progress this team is showing.

I am excited to come to the games again and I think we will be better this year than I hoped for and will be a program we can be proud of for the foreseeable future.
                          Last edited by Woodrow; November 28, 2023, 04:34 PM.
                          I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

A couple of things HCPM mentioned on his radio show last night stood out to me. One was the discussion having to game plan for character. Perhaps more importantly having a team that forces the opponent to have to game plan for character which are mostly intangible things that don't necessarily show up in the box score.

He mentioned that Bijon is a heck of a scout team point guard and sometimes is better then point guard they will face in the game. Now we just have to get this guy eligible.
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 28, 2023, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Mot a part of the coaches show but MK said Bijon had two years eligibility left coming to WSU and if he becomes eligible at the semester he will only have three semesters to play

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                                Mot a part of the coaches show but MK said Bijon had two years eligibility left coming to WSU and if he becomes eligible at the semester he will only have three semesters to play
                                That would be correct but without a true point guard and with the Shocks very thin numbers this year I don't think it would make sense to hold him out in the 2nd semester because he missed most of the non-conference schedule.

Last day of final exams December 14th. The Shocks have 3 non-con games remaining at that point: SIU in Dec 16th, K-State on Dec 21st and KU on Dec 30th. The Shocks open up AAC play and Jan 4th.

The question is how long would it take to get him officially declared eligible. If we have to rely on a ruling from the NCAA who knows how long that might take. So the NCAA may dictate whether it's worth it or not to play Bijan depending on the timing of their ruling.

Comment

Working...
                                X