Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Did the other two games get cancelled?
    Without looking, I would guess that the last two games at Myrtle Beach aren’t accounted for since they technically aren’t scheduled with an opponent yet.
    78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Without looking, I would guess that the last two games at Myrtle Beach aren’t accounted for since they technically aren’t scheduled with an opponent yet.
      That's fair

Comment

Did the other two games get cancelled?
        16.5- 12.5 to be accurate, they rounded the numbers. Did not include any mid season tournament and Friends game.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockrah View Post
          Eldridge's Player Predictions for the Season:
          https://news.yahoo.com/ten-bold-play...ycsrp_catchall
          Seems to think this team will break out of the program's prolonged shooting slump.

Comment

• In typical ShockerNet and Shocker fan fashion, we are ready to throw HCPM overboard before a meaningful game has even been played and before we even have one shred of any evidence as to what really transpired.

I guess maybe I am just different and in the give him time and be patient mode. He was left with absolutely nothing by HCIB and Boatdumba$$. We all knew it was going to take time and it wasn't going to be some overnight miracle so why are we surprised? I have my suspicions as to why so many are ready to turn their backs on HCPM but I will not bore everyone with that.

Will it hurt us this season to not have a PG? Sure. But I am confident and have already seen they type of recruiters this staff can be. They have made some pretty notable moves in a short period of time. Not their fault that HCIB couldn't keep a roster together or coach to save his life.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
              In typical ShockerNet and Shocker fan fashion, we are ready to throw HCPM overboard before a meaningful game has even been played and before we even have one shred of any evidence as to what really transpired.

I guess maybe I am just different and in the give him time and be patient mode. He was left with absolutely nothing by HCIB and Boatdumba$$. We all knew it was going to take time and it wasn't going to be some overnight miracle so why are we surprised? I have my suspicions as to why so many are ready to turn their backs on HCPM but I will not bore everyone with that.

Will it hurt us this season to not have a PG? Sure. But I am confident and have already seen they type of recruiters this staff can be. They have made some pretty notable moves in a short period of time. Not their fault that HCIB couldn't keep a roster together or coach to save his life.
              4 of the 5 expected starters were left to him by HCIB.

Though i agree .. I do expect those 4 to be better this year because of better coaching. But HCPMs year one recruiting wasn't exactly good especially in the portal age when you CAN reasonably expect good results year one from a coach.

Comment

4 of the 5 expected starters were left to him by HCIB.

Though i agree .. I do expect those 4 to be better this year because of better coaching. But HCPMs year one recruiting wasn't exactly good especially in the portal age when you CAN reasonably expect good results year one from a coach.
                LOL! Ok.

Comment

• I have an extra ticket for tonight’s game. Free to the first person who responds. I can meet by the Stallworth statue at 6pm.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                    In typical ShockerNet and Shocker fan fashion, we are ready to throw HCPM overboard before a meaningful game has even been played and before we even have one shred of any evidence as to what really transpired.

Who's throwing him overboard? I haven't seen one post indicating that.

I have seen people who aren't happy with the lack of PGs on the roster, which is a valid concern.

I've seen people that watch an exhibition game, which is the only thing we have to go on at the moment, and decide this is going to be a rougher season than first expected. I think that's a fair assessment to information we currently have, no matter how limited it is.

I've seen people say this shouldn't be a three to five year rebuild because college basketball is different with the portal now than it used to be. I think that's also a fair evaluation. I don't think anybody, outside of a few very optimistic fans, was expecting year one to be great.

Is there reason to believe that this roster as constructed will compete for a title? Absolutely not. We were picked mid/lower mid of the pack for a reason. Fans having expectations of that being a reasonable case isn't throwing him overboard. It's seeing what we know and what we have available to us and evaluating accordingly.

I think this team getting to .500 would be an accomplishment. I won't be happy with it, but it will be an accomplishment. I don't expect us to be there, but that's not throwing coach overboard. It's looking at our roster and looking at our schedule and trying to be as unbiased as possible. At one point I thought that 17 wins was probably the ceiling for this team. I think that would take a lot of lucky bounces at this point.

If I had to predict how many wins this team ends up with, it will probably be in the 9-12 range.

Time will tell how he does with the program. He will get that time. But just like with IB, he has to show improvement and give us hope as he moves forward. IB failed at doing that. We'll see if PM can.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• So many negative "Nancy's".

If you all are so unhappy before a game is even played, I would give up on this hobby, because you probably never going to be happy and you are going to struggle mentally.

This was always going to be a work in progress. It takes time to change the culture.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                        So many negative "Nancy's".

If you all are so unhappy before a game is even played, I would give up on this hobby, because you probably never going to be happy and you are going to struggle mentally.

This was always going to be a work in progress. It takes time to change the culture.
                        But....but.... we're Wichita State, the chosen ones. We can't have rebuilds, only reloads.. . Don't you know that?

This is known as the longhorn fan syndrome in Austin.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                          So many negative "Nancy's".

Eh .. just because someone is criticizing certain things or highlighting they aren't happy with parts of it doesn't mean you are "going to struggle mentally". That's a bit of a reach. I've been vocal about things I don't think are going well .. but I'm going to have fun watching them play tonight, and I'll be at every game this year in Wichita and KC. So no I'm not going to "give up on this hobby" because others think it has to be sunshine and rainbows.

Comment

• My only comments would be, buy a ticket or take a free ticket, but do your best to attend the game tonight and show the new coaches and players your support. Atmosphere makes a big difference and it's time for us to start winning at home again.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                              My only comments would be, buy a ticket or take a free ticket, but do your best to attend the game tonight and show the new coaches and players your support. Atmosphere makes a big difference and it's time for us to start winning at home again.
                              Agreed, don't need a snowball effect of bad attendance -> tougher recruiting -> bad performance -> worse attendance -> even tougher recruiting -> even worse performance -> etc

Comment

• I think most are just being realistic. Not an indictment on HCPM or the program as a whole, just the reality of the situation. Maybe we'll all eat crow and we finish top 3.

I haven't attended a game in years but am hopeful to attend on Thursday. Fans need to show up and I think they will if there is even a glimmer of progress.

Comment

Working...
                                X