No announcement yet.

Shockers vs Lipscomb (Monday, Nov 6th)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are ripping on HCPM and they haven't played game one?
    You easily qualify as an asshat.

I checked the Go Shockers website... it listed the 2023-24 shocker basketball team record as 0-0.
    Yet because an OU cast off with a 33% turnover ratio did not qualify, some on here are wanting IB's phone number.

Jeezus, calm the F down.

That is all.
    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

I checked the Go Shockers website... it listed the 2023-24 shocker basketball team record as 0-0.
      Yet because an OU cast off with a 33% turnover ratio did not qualify, some on here are wanting IB's phone number.

Jeezus, calm the F down.

That is all.
      Stickboy likes to overreact to everything and rile up the masses.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

Jeezus, calm the F down.

That is all.
        C'mon Ref. No one is commenting on his "in game coaching" abilities. It's fair to critic, good, fair, or bad, his perceived recruiting to this point. Particularly since that "OU cast off with a 33% turnover ratio" is our only true scholarship PG and not eligible for the first part of the season, maybe more. A good PG can make all players better. A no-so-good PG, or none at all for part of a season, could likely make most players less effective than normal.

Comment

We may have to start grading our coaches on the curve since it appears that so much if their success is now tied to how much the fan base provides in NIL funding. So evaluate the coach based on programs with similar NIL funding.

If a coach is performing at or above realistic expectations based on the available NIL pot of gold then no complaints. If you want better results grow the pot of gold. If the coach is underperforming his available resources replace him.

As far as I can tell, it seems to me the Shocker fan base ain't what it used to be pre-covid and pre-3G firing. And that includes the deep pockets that funded 3G's personal pot of gold if $3 to $3.5 mil per year.

It is not just Wichita State though. College athletics overall seem to be on the wane.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            We may have to start grading our coaches on the curve since it appears that so much if their success is now tied to how much the fan base provides in NIL funding. So evaluate the coach based on programs with similar NIL funding.

If a coach is performing at or above realistic expectations based on the available NIL pot of gold then no complaints. If you want better results grow the pot of gold. If the coach is underperforming his available resources replace him.

As far as I can tell, it seems to me the Shocker fan base ain't what it used to be pre-covid and pre-3G firing. And that includes the deep pockets that funded 3G's personal pot of gold if $3 to $3.5 mil per year.

It is not just Wichita State though. College athletics overall seem to be on the wane.
            You are correct. We may be seeing some of the effects of having to pay off athletic department contracts of former coaches and such. There's a few million tied up in all that for a few more years.

Comment

Do we have a way to see what our NIL actually looks like? I keep hearing how we are weak or way behind. I’m not disputing that. But where do we see the actual figures?

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                Do we have a way to see what our NIL actually looks like? I keep hearing how we are weak or way behind. I’m not disputing that. But where do we see the actual figures?
                I thought ADKS said our MBB NIL fund was at around $500k this summer, but I could be misremembering.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

It's fair to critic, good, fair, or bad, his perceived recruiting to this point.
                  Question is WSU in a better position with Mills recruiting or would have been with IB recruiting?

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Question is WSU in a better position with Mills recruiting or would have been with IB recruiting?
                    Kind of irrelevant at this point. Mills had since about April to recruit almost an entire team. Most coaches work on recruits for at least a year. IB got several kids that were all about "me", hopefully Mills is getting kids who are about "team". So until we see a couple of years of recruiting, and the products on the floor, how can one know?

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Each year usually has its own needs, but here you go and you tell me:

Brown: C: Ballard F: Rojas, Okafor SF: Pierre, Walton SG/PG: Rogers, Bell PG: Scott, Flanagan (PG was not a priority with Porter)

Mills: C: -- F/C: Germany SF: DeGray, Ridgnal SG: Beverly, Ighovodja, Bamba PG: Cortes

Comment

Disregarding intangibles that come with many players ( esp Walton and Pierre ) clearly IB unless we get a couple BIG surprises........time will tell

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Each year usually has its own needs, but here you go and you tell me:

Brown: C: Ballard F: Rojas, Okafor SF: Pierre, Walton SG/PG: Rogers, Bell PG: Scott, Flanagan (PG was not a priority with Porter)

Mills: C: -- F/C: Germany SF: DeGray, Ridgnal SG: Beverly, Ighovodja, Bamba PG: Cortes
                          Guess you are not going to consider the two 4 stars that have committed.

And he is still way less than 1 year on the job.

Ridiculous to be comparing recruiting at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Topshock View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Topshock View Post

I don't disagree. I made a comparison of what was ask.

Comment

Well, at least Garrison Matthew's is out of eligibility. He lit us up in NIT for 34 points. I almost forgot about playing this team before. They are experienced this Season but I still feel a Shocker 7pt. victory in my ole creaking bones.
                                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X