2023-2024 Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Like stated above. Assists% is a better indicator due to the drastic difference in pace between HCPM and HCGM
    Well if you want to take possession into account, get right to it.

Assists per possession rank, first 6 years as head coach:

Paul Mills
    Avg: #191 in the country

Scott Drew (Baylor)
    #6 (Valpraiso)
    Avg: #233 in the country
    Avg: #194 (with Valpraiso)

Gregg Marshall
    Avg rank: #214 in the country
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Well if you want to take possession into account, get right to it.

Assists per possession rank, first 6 years as head coach:

Paul Mills
      Avg: #191 in the country

Scott Drew (Baylor)
      #6 (Valpraiso)
      Avg: #233 in the country
      Avg: #194 (with Valpraiso)

Gregg Marshall
      Avg rank: #214 in the country
      Fair enough .. that's a different stat that Assist% but still shows a similar picture. The general trend with HCPM was trending away from higher assists until last year. His S16 year was #291. For reference you are comparing Assists per possession whereas Assist% is assists per made basket. So, when you score, how often is it because of an assist. Both of these seem to show, we shouldn't expect an extremely high Assist per possession or a high Assist%. Which was the original point before we went down this rabbit hole.

I'm also not sure how relevant 3Gs first 6 years are here? I understand you are trying to do "apple to apples" by looking at a coaches first 6 years. But There is nearly a 20 year difference between those two years. The way the game is played unofficially and officially (rule changes) are drastically different from 1999 to 2018 (3Gs first year to HCPM's first year)

Comment

• Well, okay, 15 was wishful thinking on my part but our opponents are at 14.3 to our 11.8 average to date. Would be nice to turn that stat upside down.

Comment

• Rogers and that is it.

Comment

• So there's a team in our very own conference who had a big guy who for the last three years averaged in double figure scoring, 7-8 rebounds a game while shooting close to 50% from the field. And guess what? He plays for us now! Of course I'm talking about Jacob Germany. Can someone PLEASE explain how he can't get on the court.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
              So there's a team in our very own conference who had a big guy who for the last three years averaged in double figure scoring, 7-8 rebounds a game while shooting close to 50% from the field. And guess what? He plays for us now! Of course I'm talking about Jacob Germany. Can someone PLEASE explain how he can't get on the court.
              It’s not hard to explain. Have you watched UTSA?

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post

It’s not hard to explain. Have you watched UTSA?
                True, they are bad, but he's still scoring those points and grabbing those rebounds against divisional 1 competition that's not great but not the worst either. Heck, maybe that makes his stats even more impressive - that he was putting them up with little help around him.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

True, they are bad, but he's still scoring those points and grabbing those rebounds against divisional 1 competition that's not great but not the worst either. Heck, maybe that makes his stats even more impressive - that he was putting them up with little help around him.
                  He's only played 34 minutes for us total, but his Per 40 stats are very, very similar to what he was doing for UTSA. Which does make you scratch your head as to why he isn't getting more chances. Probably because of defense concerns.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I think Rogers and Ballard could start for an NCAAT team, but also think guys like Ridgnal, Bell, Beverly and Pohto could be on the team too as bench pieces.

Comment

Working...
                    X