2023-2024 Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
    Mental health exceptions is a slippery slope. It can be very subjective and something anyone can claim with the right "medical evaluation". I figured this would be the exception most players would be trying to use.
    I personally don't think this should be a reason at all. If you want to use that 2023 of a reason - you should be required to take a year off to work on that instead of playing basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

I personally don't think this should be a reason at all. If you want to use that 2023 of a reason - you should be required to take a year off to work on that instead of playing basketball.
      This is how it used to work. If you had some hardship necessitating you move, then you could use your year on the sideline to deal with whatever hardship that was.

Ah, well. The genie ain't going back in the bottle. Only way for teams that don't immediately get all their waivers to compete is to just fly the bird to the NCAA and play them anyway. There are no consequences.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
        Have we heard anything about Ricks? He is still in Wichita.
        He won’t be back.
        The Assman

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

He won’t be back.
            Saw him a couple weeks ago out and about with IA And BC. So whatever happened he’s still buddies with some of the guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Wonder if that's a "Just got a denial" cryptic tweet. Might have gotten blocked by Mizzou

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Wonder if that's a "Just got a denial" cryptic tweet. Might have gotten blocked by Mizzou
                Mizzou has no say in this as the former school has no say in it anymore. They took away that aspect of transfers.

Second time transfers shouldn't be eligible in my mind unless there is a very special circumstance like they're transferring back home due to family issues that may necessitate the need to be closer to their family (illness, death).

Not to say the NCAA doesn't still screw it up from time to time, but this year they've gotten it mostly right as they've cracked down on this.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I’m guessing Shockerlady has the inside scoop. Maybe she will fill us in…

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post
                    I’m guessing Shockerlady has the inside scoop. Maybe she will fill us in…
                    Only if he got a raw deal on car insurance.
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• nm
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Only if he got a raw deal on car insurance.
                        Should have called The General
                        The Assman

Comment

• Does this mean there’s hope?

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                            Does this mean there’s hope?

There have been quite a few approvals in the last couple of days. I'm sure ours will still be a no.

There have also been a few lawsuits filed vs the NCAA ... will be interesting to see where this all goes

Comment

• The Shocker women just received a waiver allowing Sierra Morrow to play with the Shockers this year. She played her first game Sunday against KU. Wichita State is her 5th school in 5 years. Not listed as a grad transfer so she is using her Covid year.

North Iowa CC > Seward County CC > Bradley > Miami (OH) > Wichita State

Not sure what the basis was for requesting a waiver.

Comment

• How the hell did she get the waiver?

There's zero consistency with the NCAA waiver process and that's why the WVU kid is suing the NCAA over his denial.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X