Greece practices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DwShock View Post

No audio or video? This new coach is really trying hard to engage the fan base that helps pay his and the players salaries.

colossal mistake by The Coach, AD and University
    Hmmm, I can’t think of a more colossal waste of what are probably, at this juncture, meager media resources. I’m pretty sure there has been a good bit of research to determine viewership of Wichita State basketball and the staff has weighed the value of broadcasting exhibition games against what I suspect would be, and I’m being generous here, a few hundred fans.

One need no further evidence than the declining attendance at CKA these past two years. I’m sure those watching games live or on replay declined as well. I don’t have the numbers but you can bet on the fact ADKS definitely has the online viewership numbers for the last few seasons. It’s not worth the money to make the attempt to appease the handful of diehard “fans” who are most likely only going to turn around and complain about the product, both team and viewing experience, of these exhibition games.

While technology has brought some production costs down significantly, it’s still a complex and expensive endeavor to broadcast a sporting event with any sort of quality product that we’ve become accustomed to these days. But more importantly, these are essentially practice sessions and I seriously doubt HCPM is going into the week with the intention of “winning” as much as he is experimenting with lineups and concepts against other “teams” in a game situation that has zero bearing on the season standings.

It’s true the video staff will be there to tape the exhibitions, but they will be focusing on certain aspects such that the coaches can use the video as teaching points. With a fan base that is already clamoring for a better, more professional game experience, I can only imagine the complaints that would be exhibited, especially here on the SN, should we have to endure the lackluster “production” of the coaches video.

Besides, it’s likely to be Armageddon here soon enough once the results of these exhibitions are released. There will be good stuff and probably a lot of bad stuff happening on the court this week. Everyone should be okay with that. For heaven’s sake, this is a bunch of guys who’ve never played together before and it’s a new staff. But I suspect there will be a lot of handwringing and “we’re doomed” sprouting once the games are over.

Comment

• 7,000 show up for TBT, and you think only a "few hundred" would watch these games? Your point of view, and I'm being generous here, is RIDICULOUS !!

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        7,000 show up for TBT, and you think only a "few hundred" would watch these games? Your point of view, and I'm being generous here, is RIDICULOUS !!
        Ridiculous? I disagree. Most fans don't have a connection to most of these players yet. Don't even know players names. Where as the aftershox is mostly made of players the fanbase is familiar with and coaches we know.
        TBT is played with a goal of a championship, greece trip is not.
        I would personally love to watch the games in greece, but I think those of us that really want to see them are in a small minority of the shockervfan base.

Longhorn football gets over 100,000 fans to regular season games, but their spring game gets about 3 or four percent of those same fans. Just as a reference.

I hope a you tube video shows up somewhere but it won't make me suicidal if not.

Comment

• I don’t think there was much reporting of the games when we went to Brazil, for what it’s worth. Not the worst thing int he world, but it would be nice if they could put together some nice highlights of the games.

Comment

• I wouldn't be surprised to see a leak or two. Especially if there was some sort of helluva play that gets released. At least I'm kinda hoping...
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              7,000 show up for TBT, and you think only a "few hundred" would watch these games? Your point of view, and I'm being generous here, is RIDICULOUS !!
              Amen Brother.

A lot of surrender monkeys in this here chatroom.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Longhorn football gets over 100,000 fans to regular season games, but their spring game gets about 3 or four percent of those same fans. Just as a reference.
                It all makes sense now. You are texas fan playing dress up.

Comment

• Tipoff in 2 hours?

Comment

• ’Looks like it’s ‘shirts and skins’ today; the Greeks might be a no show… they probably ate too many olives and drank too much ouzo last night.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Germany didn’t go on the trip.

Summary: Germany didn’t go to Greece.

Comment

• Saal is posting some clips of the game on his twitter account. https://twitter.com/GoShockersAD

Comment

• Under 13. Perhaps way under.

Comment

• Joy with the dime (after nearly turning it over).

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

It all makes sense now. You are texas fan playing dress up.
                              Texas football yes. Everything else WSU. Used to be a WSU football fan but.....they dropped it and I lived in Austin.
                              I disagreed with pin so you take offense and try to belittle me. All I did was state a valid argument and all you did is......well nothing but show your ass.

Comment

• ADKS busy with the clips and it's most appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                X