No announcement yet.

Greece practices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It would not surprise me to see both Abidde and Ricks have breakout years. I think Mills will find their strengths and find ways to utilize those. IB tried to teach them how to do specific things that may not have fit their skill sets. They may have been "round pegs" and IB may have been trying to stick them into "square holes"/

Mills approach is to teach players how to play basketball and then let them play without having to think about what they have to do next.

It's a subtle difference, but if players understand WHY they are doing something, then they don't have to memorize what to do. That difference in approach can make players who seem to be lacking BBIQ appear to have it. I'm not predicting it's going to happen. I am saying it COULD happen, and it wasn't going to happen with the previous coaching staff.

Quincy Arcy has been working with Abidde quite a bit and the early reports are that that is helping Abidde quite a bit.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Link for Eagle non-subscribers:
      The whirlwind story of how the Shockers added a grad-transfer to their roster just before leaving for their overseas trip.
      Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

I've never seen him play, so I can't say anything else negative or positive other than he shot a descent 3ball.
        I've only seen him play in limited minutes at games last year, and several people rave about his potential, including Mills. He shot only 19% in limited play (low sample size) from 3, but I've heard that he is better than that. My lack of enthusiasm for him was that he was playing the 4 position which for a 6'9 guy should include some success at rebounding, and shot blocking, but he seemed to concentrate, (or like) on playing a perimeter, guard (stretch) type of position, and skip the "gritty" types of things. Mills sees his potential too, evidently, from Taylor's article (just like IB did), so he must have potential.

Between Mills, and Quincy Acy, our new Asst. Coach, (6'8 240) who averaged 8-9 rebounds per game at Baylor, and who played PF in the NBA for several years, maybe they can teach him some toughness inside to go along with his outside skills. Then he can be a real PF (4 man) instead of someone who is tall, long, and looks good on the basketball court.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockrah View Post
          Which is everybody

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Which is everybody
            You're welcome! LOL!
            Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

• That's a GD man right there. Gets CB a little humid quite honestly.

I pined for these bodies back in the noughties. We got a couple in the 10's. Maybe in the 20's we can have one WITH an actual mean streak and healthy ligaments?

Standing by to care again in the revamped AAC/MVC league.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockrah View Post
                Thanks, I needed that!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Wonder who the starting five will be for the first game. Pohto, Rogers, Germany, Bell, ?. Not that it really matters much.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                    Wonder who the starting five will be for the first game. Pohto, Rogers, Germany, Bell, ?. Not that it really matters much.
                    C - Germany
                    PF - Pohto
                    SF - Beverly
                    SG - Rogers
                    PG - Bell

Would be my guess.

Comment

• Assuming that’s our newest recruit second from the left? Get Cold a moist towel, STAT!

Yipes Stripes Beechnut Gum!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Kenny posting from Armchairs Instagram account if anyone is interested in watching them along the way from a travel standpoint.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                          Assuming that’s our newest recruit second from the left? Get Cold a moist towel, STAT!

Yipes Stripes Beechnut Gum!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cve05Smr...RlODBiNWFlZA==
                          IT'S EUROPEAN!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                            Kenny posting from Armchairs Instagram account if anyone is interested in watching them along the way from a travel standpoint.
                            Kenny seems like a real character lol

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Kenny seems like a real character lol

Does anyone think Kenny is starting to fill out that 6-11 frame nicely?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Does anyone think Kenny is starting to fill out that 6-11 frame nicely?
                                Chicks and gay dudes may word it like that.

Just kidding you.

Comment

Working...
                                X