No announcement yet.

Greece practices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's one game/scrimmage but that did not look like the old Shocker offense.

Comment

• X————> Q

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• The competition is a big question mark, but that looked pretty impressive for 10 practices. Completely different look, and it's an entertaining offense to watch

Pohto working off the FT line could be special. Especially with another big in the lineup. Can't front him or he can just go to the basket, so it's not that hard to get the ball to a 6'11" guy there. He has options to drive, pass, or shoot. And he knows how to pass out of a double team. If he draws a sceond defender, then the spacing makes it hard for defenses to recover to quick perimeter passing. Running screens when the screener STARTS at the FT line instead fo coming from the baseline to the top of the key saves 2 or 3 seconds

The screen to end the half where Bell got the dunk was pretty. Pohto's defender switched to Bell, and Bell easily beat him. On that play the help defender stayed back and Bell dunked. Had the help defender closed on Bell, then someone else would have been open near the basket for a dunk.

Apparently there are players on the team who can throw a lob for Ballard's dunks. That hasn't always been the case.

I recall Mills saying something like he thought it was more important to teach players how to play basketball than teaching a bunch of memorized sets. The highlights seemed to show some of that. I'm confident there some unseen lowlights that went the other direction.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
          X————> Q

Ballard is completely selfish here denying a wide open Bell on the give-and-go pass. Greeeeat.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
            It's one game/scrimmage but that did not look like the old Shocker offense.
            Ya, what happened to the famous dribble, dribble, dribble, call for a pick and shoot the 25 footer. What will we ever do without that great play?

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Ya, what happened to the famous dribble, dribble, dribble, call for a pick and shoot the 25 footer. What will we ever do without that great play?
              That was the go to play after FVV, Baker, and Early graduated. And if someone was guarded on the 25 footer, just pass it to TP who could always find a way to take a shot at the basket - regardless of how bad that shot was.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

That was the go to play after FVV, Baker, and Early graduated. And if someone was guarded on the 25 footer, just pass it to TP who could always find a way to take a shot at the basket - regardless of how bad that shot was.
                The turn around fadeaway 25 footer with a hand in the face was always one of our go-to plays for a buzzer beater.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Amen Brother.

A lot of surrender monkeys in this here chatroom.
                  Surrender monkeys? Not sure how an opinion on the expense of live streaming a quality product of an exhibition slate in Greece is a surrender but hey, you do you. As the most recent “surrender” of the PAC 12 because of TV rights shows, it all boils down to dollars. Acknowledging that isn’t abdication of my fandom for all things Wichita State athletics. One can be a realist and still support a university’s sports teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post

Surrender monkeys? Not sure how an opinion on the expense of live streaming a quality product of an exhibition slate in Greece is a surrender but hey, you do you. As the most recent “surrender” of the PAC 12 because of TV rights shows, it all boils down to dollars. Acknowledging that isn’t abdication of my fandom for all things Wichita State athletics. One can be a realist and still support a university’s sports teams.
                    Yes. Two things can be true at the same time.

Comment

• Is there a box score floating around anywhere?

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                        Is there a box score floating around anywhere?
                        Let me know if you need a few.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                          Is there a box score floating around anywhere?
                          It’s in a briefcase handcuffed to HCPMs head of security.

Comment

• Looks like Jacob Germany did make the trip but the reason he is not playing is that he is in a walking boot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

It’s in a briefcase handcuffed to HCPMs head of security.
                              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Bell shot 57% FG, 4 rebs, 1 assist but 3 turnovers
                                Rogers shot 63% FG, 9 rebs, 2 turnovers
                                Ballard shot 80% FG, 6 rebs, 2 blocks, 2 steals
                                Beverly had 4 assist and 2 turnovers

Team shot 45% FG, 23% 3pt, 53% FT, 55 rebs, 14 assists, 20 turnovers, 2 blocks, 5 steals
                                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                                X