X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

I think that’s trevor mcbride
    It is ...

"Minutes at point guard are wide open on the trip, as Cortes and walk-on point guard Trevor McBride (sprained ankle)"

Comment

• Plus, it was reported Germany had a family emergency and stayed behind.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
      Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

I think that’s trevor mcbride
        I believe your are correct. I did't realize he and Jacob looked so much alike facially.

Comment

• When is the next game?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            When is the next game?
            Monday at Noon CDT vs University of Calgary.

In Athens if you are planning on attending.

Comment

• Maybe they'll have some guys who can dribble with either hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

I can't be the only one. I just can't. If I read one more word about how great so and so shoots the ball in practice without seeing results in game time situations, I may just bust out laughing. Until game time results of these excellent shooters show up in a box score, this will forever remain a case of the boy who cried wolf.
                There are some athletes who simply are unable to carryover there play in practice to games. Hopefully KP won't prove to be one of those guys.

A bit early to make that call but if we get to the start of conference play with the same these same kind of results for KP on top of last year then could be he fits that mold. I am still cautiously optimistic that he will get it going under HCPM.

At least he is showing some ability in practice. It would be worse if HCPM said KP shot poorly just like h does in practice and I may have to make some adjustments on how I can use him.

Comment

• I’m glad to see Ballard getting PT in absence of Germany, and making the most of his minutes. He could be an X factor for this team.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                    TWENTY turnovers against what appeared to be a pretty lazy zone and relatively unathletic players compared to D1 opponents. Not encouraged by that. Six more turnovers than assists. That's like most of the early part of last season before we began to turn things around. Other than Rogers and Ballard pretty lousy shooting.
                    I thought Bell's shooting at 8-14 was very solid Not sure what Ballard appeared to mostly do was shooting but it is certainly an efficient way to score.

Coming to any conclusions about this ream at this point is even more speculative and uncertain than doing so after Shocker Madness which is rarely very valuable.

I see some positives here and there and some concerns here and there as I am sure HCPM does. The question remains what he will be able to do about it.

Also we are missing what may well be 40% of our starting lineup.

I am definitely not discouraged at this point.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 6, 2023, 12:19 PM.

Comment

I’m glad to see Ballard getting PT in absence of Germany, and making the most of his minutes. He could be an X factor for this team.
                      Agreed. And glad to see him healthy. Hope it remains that way. He certainly is an impressive physical specimen.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

There are some athletes who simply are unable to carryover there play in practice to games. Hopefully KP won't prove to be one of those guys.

A bit early to make that call but if we get to the start of conference play with the same these same kind of results for KP on top of last year then could be he fits that mold. I am still cautiously optimistic that he will get it going under HCPM.

At least he is showing some ability in practice. It would be worse if HCPM said KP shot poorly just like h does in practice and I may have to make some adjustments on how I can use him.
                        Hope Ricks too. Feels like I’ve been hearing about him for ages.

Comment

• Sorry if already posted.

Calgary results last year:

https://godinos.com/sports/mens-bask...hedule/2022-23

Comment

• No idea on the score but ADKS has already posted a couple offensive possession scores on Twitter or whatever you call it now

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                              No idea on the score but ADKS has already posted a couple offensive possession scores on Twitter or whatever you call it now
                              Shockers lead 28-22 after the 1st. Harland Beverly leading the shox with 7pts

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Shockers lead 28-22 after the 1st. Harland Beverly leading the shox with 7pts
                                22 points a lot to give up, but not necessarily a big problem if you can put up 28. Sounds like a high possession game so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X