Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

True, but FAU has some pretty big ones;

An 8/9 seed to not play a 1-seed has only happened one other time ever! That’s a hell of a big break.

The Tennessee team they beat was without their star PG. Granted, Tennessee won two previous games without him, but it’s still a big disadvantage to have.

If they make it to the championship, the lowest seed they could possibly see is a 2-seed, and a 3-seed of Texas loses. I get you can only play the teams in front of you and those other teams had to knock out those top seeds, but that’s pretty fortunate.

No big breaks against Memphis or KSU, so all the credit for those wins.

They keep winning and playing their game, so again, all credit for that. I just feel they are riding a pretty good wave of luck, opportunity and execution; it might just take them all the way to the title.
    Luck is part of it for EVERY team in the tourney.

Many people said we had the easiest 1 seed and easiest path to the Final Four also.

No matter what, it takes consistency. FAU has done great and defied odds every step of the way. Lucky or not.
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Luck is part of it for EVERY team in the tourney.

Many people said we had the easiest 1 seed and easiest path to the Final Four also.

No matter what, it takes consistency. FAU has done great and defied odds every step of the way. Lucky or not.
      People may have said that about our path, but the metrics said exactly the opposite.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

People may have said that about our path, but the metrics said exactly the opposite.
        Beating #1, #2 and #8 isn't luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Their only incoming transfer this offseason was Jalen Gaffney from UConn. This nucleus has been together for two years now.
          Not sure this year or last, but both Goldin and Greenleaf were P5 transfers that hit big at FAU. I try to think of a P5 transfer at WSU, and only could come up with Rojas for a one year transfer. Rojas was not sought after by anyone else because of his bad knees. I would call the FAU transfers as striking gold.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Not sure this year or last, but both Goldin and Greenleaf were P5 transfers that hit big at FAU. I try to think of a P5 transfer at WSU, and only could come up with Rojas for a one year transfer. Rojas was not sought after by anyone else because of his bad knees. I would call the FAU transfers as striking gold.
            Quincy Ballard
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

I understand that. I just don't want anyone to diminish what FAU has done by saying it was luck. I remember how that felt.
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• I didn’t say it was all luck, but for a 8/9 seed to not have to play the 1-seed is almost unprecedented.

That can’t be unmentioned.
                The Assman

Comment

• Anywho…

Ready to see what Mills’ first five moves will be!!!
                  The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Quincy Ballard
                    Walton was a starter at Georgia before he got hurt and went to Juco

Comment

• Conner.
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Quincy Ballard
                        I don’t see Ballard as close to Goldin, but I didn’t see Goldin last year. So if you’re right, Ballard will be a “stud” next year.

Comment

Anywho…

I hope his first move is getting a commitment from Forsythe followed by a couple of current players recommitting.

Comment

Anywho…

Has he named his assistants yet besides the one he's bringing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I don’t see Ballard as close to Goldin, but I didn’t see Goldin last year. So if you’re right, Ballard will be a “stud” next year.
                              I'm not opining about Ballard's ability. We're just listing players that transfered from P5 schools recently.

Like Malcolm Armstead.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I'm not opining about Ballard's ability. We're just listing players that transfered from P5 schools recently.

Like Malcolm Armstead.
                                A little farther back…but Kyle Wilson.

78-65

Comment

Working...
                                X