Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I'm very confused.

What did young folks see their parents go through?
    They’ve had to endure many hardships, such as the rise of the Kardashians. Very tough thing to go through.

Comment

• As long as this team comes out and gives it all, works their ass off and the coach does the same. This community will rally behind that.
      This is truer at WSU than most schools. However, if they give it all they will be winning more often than not.
      Last edited by Kung Wu; March 25, 2023, 07:21 AM.
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

I'm very confused.

Low housing costs, high salary (compared to housing), exploding stock market...the horrors!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

“While Greenleaf was informed on judo-Christian philosophy or principles (he became a Quaker in mid-life), these principles on leadership will work for people of all faiths and backgrounds.”
          Yes Judo-Christian ethos:

“But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also…and then use his momentum in a hip throw.’
          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Robert K. Greenleaf: A Short Biography The ideas behind servant leadership are ancient, but Robert K. Greenleaf is the person who first articulated them for our time. Greenleaf was born in 1904 in Terre Haute, Indiana at the height of that city’s robust participation in the Industrial Revolution. His father, George, was a wizard mechanic …

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
              Interesting article by TE today in talking about the leadership/coaching of Scott Drew. He and ksu coach Tang talked about being a "Servant Leader". This is a term I was unfamiliar with but it sounds more like a term that would be applicable to a sense of a more spiritual level of dealing with others. Apparently this would seem that the coach sees himself as a servant to his players, staff and community. Not a perspective that I am familiar with but it seems to have been successful at Baylor and is instilled in the assistant coaches as well. So I am all on board if this is successful here. I'm sure there are many others more familiar with the term than I am but I just thought it an interesting perspective. And yes those of you more familiar with the term can look at me as just a little better than a pagan. Go Shocks
              Servant Leadership is a very old ideal. There is at least one college in Kansas that offers a degree in the field.
              Livin the dream

Comment

I'm very confused.

“The FHCIB era”
                Last edited by Kung Wu; March 25, 2023, 07:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

2008-2010 recession?
                  That can't be it.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

That can't be it.
                    But it so resemble the great depression that my parents lived through in their childhood.. Even in my life time, I've seen nothing....yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by boyshocker View Post
                      Tuned in just as they were talking about. Said they weren't invited to do their show from Koch, then something about not being invited at all. Would think they would reach out to do their show from Koch. Believe ADKS would love the publicity but maybe there are rules with ESPN plus airing it, or he has listened to the show in the past and he had enough.
                      Hanahaha. The self-importance. The self-worth.

Like anybody gives a **** about that idiot coming to anything WSU-related.

The ego is like none other.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Finally got to watch the introduction event from Thursday. Very impressed....by the AD, by the support from the crowd, the band, and all else....so much so that we put our deposit down today for season tickets. Hope more do the same. I think this coach deserves our support.

Comment

That can't be it.
                          It's a guess on my part as I saw many families being torn apart due to the foreclosure epidemic back then that unfortunately led to many a marraige divorce. At least out here in the PHX area. Pretty sad.

Back to the Servant Leadership thing. For those who see peoples resumes..."Servant Leadership" has been a buzz word the last few years placed on said resumes. Especially for those in the SCRUM (agile) world. Anyways...GO SHOCKS!!!
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                            It's a guess on my part as I saw many families being torn apart due to the foreclosure epidemic back then that unfortunately led to many a marraige divorce. At least out here in the PHX area. Pretty sad.
                            That Recession was a sad time for some, but it doesn't hold a candle to the effects of the Depression with 25% unemployment, and homelessness. Today drug addiction causes much of the unemployment/social welfare, and thus homelessness. Then it was not being able to find a job that created homelessness..

Comment

• https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...273595485.html

Mills and WSU agreed to a five-year contract that will pay the coach upwards of $8.5 million — without performance bonuses — over the life of the contract, which runs through the 2027-28 season. The compensation structure is arranged much differently than previous WSU head coaching contracts. Under guaranteed compensation, Mills’ base salary will pay him $1.25 million in his first year, $1.3 million in his second year, $1.35 million in his third year, $1.4 million in his fourth year and $1.5 million in his fifth year. That adds up to $6.8 million over five years in base pay, but that’s not all Mills will receive.
                              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• I thought WSU was broke.

Comment

Working...
                                X