Welcome - Paul Mills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Already a bit nervous with the hire. This doesn't help for me. Mills success is heavily linked to one recruiting class. The assistants staying at ORU are the ones that are credited with finding those guys.

Gotta hope for the best.
    I would think the head coach has something to do with the recruiting of those guys, as well… Probably even more so.. because he was the head coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

I will when fever does. I’m tired of looking at boaty mcboatface

It is past time for Fevers avatar change.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

I would think the head coach has something to do with the recruiting of those guys, as well… Probably even more so.. because he was the head coach.
        Well yes. But assistants are often the people that find the players. Then the head coach closes the deal. That's why many players are mentioned as tied to assistants. Just a concern

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Well yes. But assistants are often the people that find the players. Then the head coach closes the deal. That's why many players are mentioned as tied to assistants. Just a concern
          It's pretty rare that an entire staff leaves with a coach to a new job so I'm sure this is not an unexpected development. Mills has been coaching long enough that I'm sure he can find capable replacements.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

It's pretty rare that an entire staff leaves with a coach to a new job so I'm sure this is not an unexpected development. Mills has been coaching long enough that I'm sure he can find capable replacements.
            Especially when one of the assistants is promoted to the head coach role -- the newly promoted head coach already has a professional working relationship with the other assistants, and now the assistants don't have to move their families to a new city.
            Last edited by Kung Wu; March 23, 2023, 10:48 AM.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• New Twitter bio!
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Hi is Joerg,,, I am excite on this Miles guy coaches!

Thanks, is Joerg

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
                  Saal, on phone call to Assistant AD: We missed out on Turgeon!

Assistant AD [driving through tunnel]: Oh no!

Saal: We need someone who will talk him into it. Get me Paul Miller!

Assistant AD [driving deeper into tunnel]: On it!
                  I logged in for the first time in years to lol at this. I was actually crafting a text to PM before it dawned on me. ROFL.

I actually kinda half expected Matty B coming back, given the financial situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joerg View Post
                    Hi is Joerg,,, I am excite on this Miles guy coaches!

Thanks, is Joerg
                    Is dynamite drop in Joerg, always good to hear your inputs!

Comment

• On 810, St. John or maybe his sidekick, asked CJ Moore from the Athletic, his thoughts on a couple of coaches. When Moore described Paul Mills, he said that "energetic" coach doesn't really describe the "energy" that Mills coaches with. He said it was a good hire and that Memphis and Wichita would be at the top of the American quickly. High energy, will recruit well, etc.

He also said that we had a good group of coaches interested in the job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                        On 810, St. John or maybe his sidekick, asked CJ Moore from the Athletic, his thoughts on a couple of coaches. When Moore described Paul Mills, he said that "energetic" coach doesn't really describe the "energy" that Mills coaches with. He said it was a good hire and that Memphis and Wichita would be at the top of the American quickly. High energy, will recruit well, etc.

He also said that we had a good group of coaches interested in the job.
                        Hmmm, it would be interesting to hear that list, though I doubt we will for awhile, if ever.

Comment

• He was on a Tulsa sports radio show this morning:

https://post.futurimedia.com/kfaqam/...ten-11770.html

Just starting to listen. An interesting early comment from Mills that there were some hurdles he didn't think they'd be able to get over during contract negotiations Tuesday morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                            He was on a Tulsa sports radio show this morning:

Just starting to listen. An interesting early comment from Mills that there were some hurdles he didn't think they'd be able to get over during contract negotiations Tuesday morning.
                            Interest from 6+ schools, talked to two.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Pitino just did it with Saint Johns

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                                He was on a Tulsa sports radio show this morning:

wonder if those were a heavily incentive based contract that probably wasn’t expecting?

Comment

Working...
                                X