No announcement yet.

Who Has Time To Work - NCAA Tournament Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know. KU won a natty in 88 and then we experienced the Decade of Darkness
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShockFan View Post
      I've always thought that when one of the D1 programs in the state does well, the other ones benefit. It raises the profile of basketball in the state. If KU wins a national championship, people from outside the state notice that there's good basketball in Kansas. Maybe kids who can't get in to KU start looking at WSU and K-State because they see that the state of Kansas has good basketball. KU wins a natty in 2008, then two years later K-State is in the Elite Eight, then three years later WSU is in the Final Four. KU wins another national championship, then the next year K-State is in an Elite Eight or Final Four if they win tomorrow. Now WSU has to make another tournament run in the next few years, which it seems like we now have the coach to do it.
      Probably not a good idea to make a statement like that, with what it implies, on a WSU message board. I'd expect to see something like that on phog.net, but not here.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        I don't know. KU won a natty in 88 and then we experienced the Decade of Darkness
        That's one example, but I'd say that's more of an outlier than the norm. Think about the 20s, 50s, 60s, and 80s, some of the most successful decades for both WSU and KU hoops. I take pride in the fact that we are known as a basketball state. If WSU plays K-State or KU, there's no doubt I'll be rooting for WSU. No question about it. But if we're not playing them, I like it when in-state programs succeed.

On this FAU vs. K-State game, part of me wants FAU to win because it will help raise the profile of the AAC, but I'm going to root for K-State because of state pride. FAU being in the Elite Eight will raise their profile. They don't need a Final Four to do that. K-State deserves a Final Four. It's the third time since 2010 that they've been this close.

Comment

• “Kids who can’t get into KU would look at KSU or WSU?” What the hell? Are you talking athletes or regular students? I know of a kid who, at the time of his campus visit to Lawrence, was offered a full ride academic scholarship to KU. The kid turned the guy down in the spot. He paid his own way to WSU and graduated in four years Summa Cum Laude with a math/statistics major and an Econ minor.

Comment

• I'm assuming he means players who can't get on the KU basketball team. They are all three state schools. It's not like KU is all that selective.
            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
              I'm assuming he means players who can't get on the KU basketball team. They are all three state schools. It's not like KU is all that selective.
              Speaking of basketball players who choose WSU over KU. Alums (many of them) sure were angry (Roy Williams Too) when Maurice Evans, Aubrey, and Antoine chose WSU. And the alums were unhappy that their coaches missed out on players like Ron Baker, and Fred V.V. Many KU alums take it personally when they lose to us on anything.

Comment

• Not wanting to participate in the drug and rape culture prevalent at KU is a GREAT reason to choose WSU over KU. Right Frankamp?
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShockFan View Post
                  I've always thought that when one of the D1 programs in the state does well, the other ones benefit. It raises the profile of basketball in the state. If KU wins a national championship, people from outside the state notice that there's good basketball in Kansas. Maybe kids who can't get in to KU start looking at WSU and K-State because they see that the state of Kansas has good basketball. KU wins a natty in 2008, then two years later K-State is in the Elite Eight, then three years later WSU is in the Final Four. KU wins another national championship, then the next year K-State is in an Elite Eight or Final Four if they win tomorrow. Now WSU has to make another tournament run in the next few years, which it seems like we now have the coach to do it.
                  Anyone that is accepted to WSU will be accepted to KU.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

Anyone that is accepted to WSU will be accepted to KU.
                    While that was true maybe a decade ago, it is no longer the case. I believe KSU and KU have broken off from the rest of the regents universities on this aspect.

KU Admissions Requirements

Wichita State Admissions Requirements

KSU Admissions Requirements
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
                      That ally-oop with about a minute left in the KSU game was insane.

(Start it at 10:21 if it does not pull up.)

The fake argument with Tang, the no-look pass, the reverse dunk. Unreal.

After that game, I would have been happy. But then, in the Gonzaga v. UCLA game, the go-head 3 with only a few seconds left.

Gonzaga Bulldogs vs UCLA Bruins - Game Highlights | Sweet 16 | March 23, 2023 | NCAA March MadnessNBA X CREATOR MERCH DROP! CHECK IT OUT - https://hoh.world/...

Two all-time games on the same night.
                      My wife literally said that was mean of the cats to trick MSU like that. Hahahahahah.

Comment

• Taylor is a treasure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

While that was true maybe a decade ago, it is no longer the case. I believe KSU and KU have broken off from the rest of the regents universities on this aspect.

KU Admissions Requirements

Wichita State Admissions Requirements

KSU Admissions Requirements
                          Just for fun I dove in ...

Kansas residents under 21 are automatically accepted if they graduated from an accredited high school and have a 2.0 GPA of transferable college credits (if any) and ...

WSU
                          1) ACT 21, or
                          2) High school GPA 2.25, or
                          3) GED 680 or HiSET of 75 and ACT 21

KSU
                          1) ACT 21, or
                          2) High school GPA 3.25, or
                          3) GED 680 or HiSET of 75 and ACT 21

KU
                          1) High school GPA 2.0 and ACT 21, or
                          2) High school GPA 3.25, or
                          3) GED 680 or HiSET of 75 and ACT 21 and post high school college credit GPA 2.5

While ACT isn't "required" at any of them, it's clear KSU and KU are raising the high school GPA bar to encourage you to take the ACT.

Comment

• Lets go Houston!!!

Comment

• Sasser is a stud when he's healthy.

Comment

• SDSU has some beasts on that team.

Comment

Working...
                                X