The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Report players of interest or of note here.

Sorry if this has been addressed in another thread, but I do not understand a college basketball player being able to enter the portal before the end of the basketball season.

Noticed on the ESPN sight that an ESPN+ article "Where do Dante Harris, Jose Perez land on the early transfer rankings for 2023-24?". Not interested in paying for Plus, so I'll ask my question here?

My understanding is that Harris played for Georgetown for 2 years (2020-21 and 2021-22) and on 1/4/2023, it was announced that he had signed a financial aid agreement with Virginia. What's he been doing since the end of 2022 season (March) and now? He starts with VA next season. Thanks

Comment

In the case of Harris, he left his team early in the season and did not play in a game. Perez also left his team before the season started.

Comment

This is a football transfer article, but it would have to be relevant to basketball too.

Comment

That free CoVid year is finally losing its effect and has cut down on semester transfers. Used to be a player has nothing to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
            This is a football transfer article, but it would have to be relevant to basketball too.

https://footballscoop.com/news/ncaa-...urth-transfers
            it would be nice if they upheld these new rules, but I suspect the P5 schools will twist their arms to continue to allow unlimited transfers. As it sits today, the non P5 are just the minor league development system for the P5.

Comment

VMI G Tanner Mans has entered the transfer portal. https://verbalcommits.com/players/tanner-mans

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                VMI G Tanner Mans has entered the transfer portal. https://verbalcommits.com/players/tanner-mans
                Local kid who can shoot -IMO we should be offering asap

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post

Local kid who can shoot -IMO we should be offering asap
                  A lot of people thought that about Xavier Bell also.

Comment

BJ Mack

Comment

If you follow @TP4PT on Twitter they have the most up to date information.

Comment

I'd consider looking into this guy.

Even if his averages were halved by moving to the AAC that would be pretty good production. No clue if he could hang or not.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Not a lot of options as of right now for finding a PG. Best I could find scrolling though would be this guy

And it's not like I'm completely sold on him. I do understand that more people will be announcing their intentions as their teams finish their season over the next few weeks.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                            I'd consider looking into this guy.

Even if his averages were halved by moving to the AAC that would be pretty good production. No clue if he could hang or not.
                            You and 300 other schools.

Comment

The portal right now only has players whose seasons have ended. This is the low end of CBB. You wont see many of the bigger names until later in March. We need to be looking for those players at the bigger schools looking for more playing time ala Rojas. The stars on the low end are going to get swamped with High P5 offers.

If we have a new coach in a few weeks, I might change my tune on who we can realistically get.

Comment

Working...
                              X