Wichita State: at Temple (02/16/23)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
    Alright , Kevin Sahl: Isaac Brown deserves one more year. He's worked in 9 newcomers (which would make even roy williams blanche). They always play well.. k-state, mizzou, houston.. until the last ten minutes of the game (there's what a team full of newcomers gets you.. we saw it with cliff levingston and antoine carr too).. but they may be getting that part of it. Just maybe.

Lets see what happens from here. Have they got their end-of-game woes figured out? But clearly Isaac Brown looks like one of those Gregg Marshall proteges.. like the best assistant-to-head-coach successes in the biz. Look it up. I can see it in Isaac Brown too.

Memphis here next week. I expect a big win.
    Lmfao.

It’s amazing what a string of wins against 120+ competition will do to some of the more ignorant fans.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Team continues to play good basketball for long stretches. The way the top four are playing it has to make you wonder if the ineligible shooting guard is the “missing” piece. If we could get consistent play form a second guard the team would really click.

Comment

• I don't know if this has ever happened. WSU substituted Flannigan into the game for Pierre with 5:39 left.

We put in a 5'7" walk on....and we trailed 61-62. The run from that point to end the game was 18-3 Shocks. We made NO substitutions in the 5:39.....NONE.

Seriously tell me the last time that's happened.

MF I don't think scored a point or had an assist in those nearly 6 minutes. What in the actual eff is happening here?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Lmfao.

It’s amazing what a string of wins against 120+ competition will do to some of the more ignorant fans.
          Winning can be pretty euphoric I suppose. Only thing I can come up with.

They will come back down to Earth next Thursday.

I am actually kind of glad we aren't completely tanking. Makes this job a little more attractive at the end of the season. ;)

Short of some kind of "win out and get to the tourney" scenario. I still don't think these wins saves a job.

I do appreciate the players continuing to work and fight. I can support that!
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

Yep. No clue why Temple did not press us. That's been the difference maker down the stretch in our recent losses.
            They did setup a press and we inbounded to porter near the free throw line and broke it easily. After that temple never made a basket for several minutes. It's hard to setup a press if you don't score.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
              Alright , Kevin Sahl: Isaac Brown deserves one more year. He's worked in 9 newcomers (which would make even roy williams blanche). They always play well.. k-state, mizzou, houston.. until the last ten minutes of the game (there's what a team full of newcomers gets you.. we saw it with cliff levingston and antoine carr too).. but they may be getting that part of it. Just maybe.

Lets see what happens from here. Have they got their end-of-game woes figured out? But clearly Isaac Brown looks like one of those Gregg Marshall proteges.. like the best assistant-to-head-coach successes in the biz. Look it up. I can see it in Isaac Brown too.

Memphis here next week. I expect a big win.
              This is the most amazing take.i think I've seen on hcib. I especially like the " best assistant to head coach success in the biz". That is hilarious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

Temple moved to 121 after that loss but it's still our best win this season.
                No need to get carried away, but from where I was sitting the Owls didn't look a whole lot worse than K-State. It's not like Temple is comparable to a McNeese State or -ahem- Pan American. Anyone remember them?

It was WSU's first win in Philly since joining the conference. GGG never did that...
                Last edited by ShockingButTrue; February 17, 2023, 05:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                  Did TrackSuitAndTie make it to the game?
                  Oh yeah! Had a great time and was impressed by the number of WSU fans in attendance. It was interesting to watch IB get animated on the sidelines and call out set plays. At one point IB was ripping into Isaac Abidde mid-play and Abidde missed his man on D because he was distracted lol. Overall a great experience. I can forever say I attended WSU's first win @Temple.

Some cool tidbits you don't experience when watching at home:
                  • James Rojas' mom said hi to us (it looked like he had a lot of family at the game).
                  • Jaykwon Walton was really pumped up after the game and was high fiving people in the first row.
                  • Tyson Waterman came into the stands after the game and was talking to some friends/family a few feet away from us. Same for Xavier Bell.
                  • We passed Temple's Khalif Battle in the concourse area after the game. Sometimes you forget how tall these guys are when watching on TV!
                  • Gus Okafor looks completely checked out. Not sure what happened with him, but I don't think he will be on the court again this season if body language is an indicator.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Oh yeah! Had a great time and was impressed by the number of WSU fans in attendance. It was interesting to watch IB get animated on the sidelines and call out set plays. At one point IB was ripping into Isaac Abidde mid-play and Abidde missed his man on D because he was distracted lol. Overall a great experience. I can forever say I attended WSU's first win @Temple.

Some cool tidbits you don't experience when watching at home:
                    • James Rojas' mom said hi to us (it looked like he had a lot of family at the game).
                    • Jaykwon Walton was really pumped up after the game and was high fiving people in the first row.
                    • Tyson Waterman came into the stands after the game and was talking to some friends/family a few feet away from us. Same for Xavier Bell.
                    • We passed Temple's Khalif Battle in the concourse area after the game. Sometimes you forget how tall these guys are when watching on TV!
                    • Gus Okafor looks completely checked out. Not sure what happened with him, but I don't think he will be on the court again this season if body language is an indicator.
                    You are obviously our good luck charm. Please make plans to be in Wichita next week, 2/23, for the Memphis game. It would be much appreciated!

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

You are obviously our good luck charm. Please make plans to be in Wichita next week, 2/23, for the Memphis game. It would be much appreciated!
                      Hahahaha. I'll contact Mr. Koch and see if he can hook me up with a ride.

Comment

• I heard scouts from Arkansas, Miami, Purdue and Alabama were in the stands,

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                          I heard scouts from Arkansas, Miami, Purdue and Alabama were in the stands,
                          You serious, Clark?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

You serious, Clark?
                            Lol, made you look

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              I don't know if this has ever happened. WSU substituted Flannigan into the game for Pierre with 5:39 left.

We put in a 5'7" walk on....and we trailed 61-62. The run from that point to end the game was 18-3 Shocks. We made NO substitutions in the 5:39.....NONE.

Seriously tell me the last time that's happened.

MF I don't think scored a point or had an assist in those nearly 6 minutes. What in the actual eff is happening here?
                              I can tell you. His teammates actually like him and play more inspired and less selfish when he is on the court. Addition by subtraction.

Comment

• It's sad, but I've become so disconnected from this team that I fell asleep again during the 2nd half and missed the end. It was a fairly close game when I dozed off. I didn't even care to finish the game when I woke up. I just checked the score and then went about my evening.

Glad they won.

It shouldn't save anyone's job.

Waiting for March.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X