No announcement yet.

2023 AfterShocks and TBT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those post-game recaps with him and Paul Suellentrop during the Marshall era were ROUGH. They both have the charisma of sandpaper, although I don’t necessarily have anything bad to say about Paul like I do Bob.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Not related to the AfterShocks, but Mitch Lightfoot is playing for the Beaker squad. This is aside from my distate for the Phog types. Does Mitch even play anywhere for a paycheck? This isn't Saturday morning Church League at The Y. This is Man's Game stuff with guys who get paid to play basketball for a living. I remember when WSU first started playing in this, people wanted to see Jamar and MattyB play. I was like, "I love those guys...but absolutely not." As shoxlax just texted me, an out-of-shape Shaq was bad enough.
      78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
        Not related to the AfterShocks, but Mitch Lightfoot is playing for the Beaker squad. This is aside from my distate for the Phog types. Does Mitch even play anywhere for a paycheck? This isn't Saturday morning Church League at The Y. This is Man's Game stuff with guys who get paid to play basketball for a living. I remember when WSU first started playing in this, people wanted to see Jamar and MattyB play. I was like, "I love those guys...but absolutely not." As shoxlax just texted me, an out-of-shape Shaq was bad enough.
        What does an "in shape Shaq" look like?

Asking for a friend.
        Last edited by WuDrWu; July 11, 2023, 10:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

There is no known sighting of such a beast.
          Go Shocks!

Comment

Ha!

To be fair, he had some moments in his last couple of seasons where he actually looked like a bonafide player. I wonder who goaded that out of him.

78-65

Comment

• Mitch thinks it is an Over 40 league.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                Mitch thinks it is an Over 40 league.
                Technically, that would still make him a RS-Junior for the Hawks.

Comment

Technically, that would still make him a RS-Junior for the Hawks.
                  When Buddy Hield went off in AFH but the Beakers still won in multiple OT (because of course), I remember someone tweeted, "This was the kind of game Perry Ellis will tell his grandkids about...you know, when he gets home afterwards."

78-65

Comment

Asking for a friend.
                    Round is a shape…
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Go Shockers - RH: Podcast With Ron Baker, Zach Bush On 2013 Final Four, AfterShocks

Listen to the podcast

Ron Baker and Zach Bush are our guests to kick off the 2013 Final Four reunion and the AfterShocks in The Basketball Tournament. Ron and Zach played on the 2013 Shockers who won the West Region and advanced to the Final Four in Atlanta.

We test their memories on Tekele Cotton's defense, Staples Center locker assignments and more from that run to Atlanta. We discuss a landmark group of newcomers who juiced up the 2012-13 roster, the tough times in conference play that shaped that season and how the thrill of seeing figures such as Chris Webber and Jim Nantz remain great memories.

Bush is coach of the AfterShocks, who open play in TBT on July 20 vs. B1 Ballers. Baker is working on the alumni reunion portion of the weekend, highlighted by the dinner at Mark Arts on July 22.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Comment

• It's the yearly Christmas in July week for Shocker Basketball fans.

Comment

• Has Taylor printed out a TBT bracket? When does it start, and when the the After Shocks play?

Comment

• Comment

• How about Big Midt bring the ball across half court and then taking it to the hoop at about the 35 second mark?

Where are they practicing?
                                Last edited by 1972Shocker; July 17, 2023, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X