No announcement yet.

2023 AfterShocks and TBT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we get a few more opinions on this subject? I don’t feel like it’s been fully discussed yet.

Comment

Didn't realize we had so many resident legal experts

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
        Didn't realize we had so many resident legal experts
        Stick is a power attorney at JP Twiddlywinks and Sons.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
          Can we get a few more opinions on this subject? I don’t feel like it’s been fully discussed yet.
          No let’s shut it down, watch Paul Mills build the program back to the top of the AAC an then fire him!

Comment

If anyone wants to see the actual separation agreement, the only place I found it online these days is at https://andywittry.substack.com/p/he...wichita-states Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you'll see it. Given that Marshall is only 1/2 way through his payments (the last one isn't until November 2026) he won't do anything to jeopardize the settlement. I think what's mentioned in part 16 regarding Mutual Disparagement is the part he would have to be careful about with things such as the 10 year reunion. Some people might try to get him to say things and the media would pick up on it and before he knows it, he's out 3+ million. It'd be easier for him to show up to a 15 or 20 year reunion instead since the payments would be done.

Also, like others have said, he may not want to be around the players yet. It's only been three years since the investigation and it may take a little more time for everyone to move on.
            Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Section 3 of the agreement requires Marshall to cease endorsements. The 10th anniversary could easily be argued as an endorsement. Reading the language in that clause, it most certainly would be an endorsement.

Showing up to the 10th would thus breach this agreement.

Screenshot 2023-06-30 at 9.59.16 PM.png
              Last edited by rjl; June 30, 2023, 10:16 PM.
              The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Section 19 concerns what happens if Marshall breaches the agreement. WSU immediately stops payment, and then in any future litigation involving this agreement, the loser has to pay the winner's attorney's fees.
                Screenshot 2023-06-30 at 10.17.16 PM.png

Comment

up until a few months ago, there’s was still a lot of beef between 3g and his former generals - specifically rb.. prob doesn’t want to be a distraction or put himself in a position of embarrassing or being embarrassed.. in addition to university contract language.

Comment

If it was simply about the contract, Gregg and his people would release a carefully crafted statement, saying that while he appreciates the offer to attend and be involved with the event, it might not be the best idea due to the stipulations in the contract…but that he hopes the group enjoys the weekend of celebration.

At this point, it has to be because Gregg flat out does not want to attend. I suppose that I would understand it if I was in his shoes, but still…damn.
                    78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                      If it was simply about the contract, Gregg and his people would release a carefully crafted statement, saying that while he appreciates the offer to attend and be involved with the event, it might not be the best idea due to the stipulations in the contract…but that he hopes the group enjoys the weekend of celebration.

At this point, it has to be because Gregg flat out does not want to attend. I suppose that I would understand it if I was in his shoes, but still…damn.
                      Even the statement could possibly trigger a clause in the separation agreement. His best and easiest course of action to make sure he gets the millions owed to him is to be quiet and not attend.

Comment

Hell no. Marshall doesn't say **** because he doesn't want to jeopardize his payday. He has nothing to gain and everything to lose.

Comment

• If you were fired from your job would you be jumping at the opportunity to have a celebration with them 3 years later? Especially a firing that was as public as this one. Give it time, like 15 years, not 3.

Comment

• "I will be unable to attend the Final Four reunion. I have many great memories of that Final Four team and wish the team well as they have a wonderful weekend of celebration."

I get it that if Gregg made some elaborate statement that clearly took potshots at certain people, then the contract stipulations would absolutely be violated.

But seriously, if WSU took a boring, generic statement like above and used this against Gregg to say that he shouldn't receive the rest of his compensation, then WSU would look REALLY petty. Hell, Gregg's people could send such a statement to WSU attorneys to make sure that nothing was inappropriate before releasing publicly. Or Kellen could make the statement on behalf of his family.

I get why Gregg wouldn't want to attend. I get why he needs to protect himself. I just think there has to be some common sense. It would be pretty crappy for WSU to challenge a statement similar to a theoretical one I mentioned.
                            78-65

Comment

"I will be unable to attend the Final Four reunion. I have many great memories of that Final Four team and wish the team well as they have a wonderful weekend of celebration."

I get it that if Gregg made some elaborate statement that clearly took potshots at certain people, then the contract stipulations would absolutely be violated.

But seriously, if WSU took a boring, generic statement like above and used this against Gregg to say that he shouldn't receive the rest of his compensation, then WSU would look REALLY petty. Hell, Gregg's people could send such a statement to WSU attorneys to make sure that nothing was inappropriate before releasing publicly. Or Kellen could make the statement on behalf of his family.

I get why Gregg wouldn't want to attend. I get why he needs to protect himself. I just think there has to be some common sense. It would be pretty crappy for WSU to challenge a statement similar to a theoretical one I mentioned.
                              I totally agree with you, but it's not like WSU is swimming in money either. Who knows what is going on with that conversation?

It's sad. I can't tell you how much it disappoints me. It kills me that Marshall was not able to sustain the success that he had, and man...I know this is pie-in-the-sky type stuff, but to win a national championship (which was within reach at certain points during his tenure) would have been such a trip.

Now, I'm not sure it will ever be achieved. We may never make a Final Four again. That's a long road ahead. But even if it is, I don't know if it will be as special as it would have been during the Marshall era.

Maybe I'll walk that back, especially if we win a natty. Sounds crazy, but SDSU played for one this year before running into a UConn buzzsaw.

But I really wanted Gregg, for all of his imperfections, to do that. He embodied the ideals of Wichita in so many ways, and it was a perfect marriage. Maybe Paul Mills will be that to some degree, and I like him a lot. But it may not be as special.

Either way, I'll cry tears of joy if we get there again. And Gregg Marshall will still be owed an apology from many people.
                              Last edited by Kel Varnsen; July 6, 2023, 12:36 PM.
                              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• I really like Fran. Actually had a personal interaction with him a few years back in Chicago, and he couldn't have been more gracious. Fun guy to talk to.
                                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                                X