2023 AfterShocks and TBT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
    RK had really upped his offensive game too.
    Still one of my all time favorite Shockers. I absolutely loved the way he approached the game.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Sorry to see no Rashard or Zach Brown. So much defensive energy from them. RK had really upped his offensive game too.
      I think that not having either of those guys may be the downfall of the team.

Not that they’re the most talented players, but they give teeth to the team that others can’t provide.
      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Just need to add Cle and Cotton

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

I think that not having either of those guys may be the downfall of the team.

Not that they’re the most talented players, but they give teeth to the team that others can’t provide.
          I’d wager most teams in the tournament can’t even get to the target score when RK and Zach Brown go into that extra gear. Really sad they aren’t on the team this year, I hope they aren’t done for good.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post

I’d wager most teams in the tournament can’t even get to the target score when RK and Zach Brown go into that extra gear. Really sad they aren’t on the team this year, I hope they aren’t done for good.
            There comes a time for all of us... even ole Ross and I had to hang 'em up in the late 30's...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Sorry to see no Rashard or Zach Brown. So much defensive energy from them. RK had really upped his offensive game too.
              I believe Zach Brown had some sort of knee surgery. Think I saw a social media post recently with him in a brace. Definitely a huge loss missing those two

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Still one of my all time favorite Shockers. I absolutely loved the way he approached the game.
                Senior year "I'm just going to dunk everything" Rashard is one of my favorite all time players.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I believe Zach Brown had some sort of knee surgery. Think I saw a social media post recently with him in a brace. Definitely a huge loss missing those two

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                      Still no answer to the million dollar question. My guess is FHCgoatGM will not be in attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Still no answer to the million dollar question. My guess is FHCgoatGM will not be in attendance.
                        I would guess that attending would be difficult with his separation contract restrictions. He was invited to the ACS event at Mark Arts. I understood that everyone invited has RSVP'D except GM and CJ.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Unbelievably shameful. They should roll out the red carpet for him.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I don’t know how much or how little that WSU has persuaded 3G, but it is possible that the ball is in 3G’s court and that 3G wants to take his ball and go home.
                              78-65

Comment

If it's part of his separation agreement that he is not allowed on the campus, then it's time to make some new contractual agreements.

I can see Boatwright demanding a clause like that and I can see Marshall's lawyers using it as a bargaining chip for a couple of million extra in the buyout.

Unfortunately, we watched Marshall go from one of the hottest coaches in the nation to a coach that not many players wanted to play for. The large number of transfers in Marshall's last years is what got the attention of a national writer and the eventual articles that were his demise.

I believe there was good and bad during Marshall's tenure. The good outweighed the bad and it's time to celebrate the good, which doesn't endorse any bad behavior that may have happened. Marshall needs to be with his players in a celebration of the F4. If there is a legitimate obstacle, it would have to be from the players on that team.

I don't believe the players on the F4 team have Marshall's back. I believe they gave everything they had, they would have run through a wall for him, and he made them better than they would have been without him, but that they tolerated, rather than enjoyed, the time they played for him. He made them better. They made him better.

I haven't seen Baker, VanVleet, or Early being involved in the program after they left WSU. Maybe it's just coincidental, but VanVleet seems to have had no involvement at WSIU until both Boatwright and Marshall were gone.

With all that being said, it's time to allow Marshall to be involved in celebrations of what happened when he was coaching the team.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X