Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IB we know what happened there
    Thad Matta head coach at Butler
    Danny Manning make your own conclusion
    Jim Beilein age?

Comment

• Originally posted by top20shock View Post
      Do you guys know the difference between Tom Crean and Gregg Marshall in their prime? When Gregg was at his best he wanted to destroy you on the court morning, noon and night. Crean was happy being a good X, O coach. The point is one ended up on tv and the other went on to the Final Four and created a respected and in some cases a feared Shocker brand. I would hope WSU gets a guy who’s a killer and a great XO Coach. Not just a good coach.
      It’ll Probly be Bob Richey, so you’ll get what you want.

Comment

• 1:48:48

“Bad Oil” I hope not!
        DD too much money?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocknroll33 View Post
          Just in case we aren't waiting on the UH assistant, I dusted off the list from right after GGG was gone. I might be wrong, but all these fellas are still available??

After an investigation into misconduct, Gregg Marshall has resigned from Wichita State Basketball. Who are some potential coaches the team should consider?

The only one I see is Dan Majerle. Otherwise I just see ads. Am I missing a "next" button? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
            1:48:48

“Bad Oil” I hope not!
            DD too much money?
            Wow. Interesting. Not sure I love that. I’m not surprised he’s trying to get out of Colorado.

Basically implying Tad Boyle to here. Or I guess temple. Didn’t say specifically.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

Wow. Interesting. Not sure I love that. I’m not surprised he’s trying to get out of Colorado.

Basically implying Tad Boyle to here. Or I guess temple. Didn’t say specifically.
              Yeah I thought Colorado was basically his dream job. Unless his seat is starting to get warm.

Or it could even be USF if the Brey thing doesn't work out.

But how much was DeVries wanting if we can't afford him but we could afford Tad Boyle. If they are indeed talking about us (I am not so sure they are, in regards to Boyle)

The part that makes me think they don't mean WSU is he says a school that "has a ton of money and just bought out their coach".

If we had a ton of money we wouldn't need to be going after Boyle.
              Last edited by shockerfan; March 21, 2023, 08:01 AM.
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

The only one I see is Dan Majerle. Otherwise I just see ads. Am I missing a "next" button? Thanks.
                Right above his picture is a PREV button. He is last in the list.

Comment

• Of course maybe he isn't saying we can't AFFORD DeVries....it's that he is asking more than we think he is worth. That's very possible.
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Mine has been cj, griffin then KS.
                    MY prediction is : announcement will take place 2 days after Houston finishes their season.
                    Griffin isn't an awful idea either. I think we would land some lunkers, but could he get them to gel?
                    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• I just thought it interesting where we were at when IB got the nod. Big picture is, just like buying new car, there will always be one that gets the job done. Waiting for the tourney to end, or, even another month on, doesn't hurt anything. Amirite, or amiwrong?

Comment

• My top three preference for coaching hire are, (in no particular order):

-Gregg Marshall
                        -Gregg Marshall
                        -Gregg Marshall

p s. I would be okay with any one of them

Comment

• I'm just happy I don't have to make the hire. That being said, this would be my hire.

Wichita man. Former NBA player. NBA Championship coach with the Raptors. 2X all big east player when the Big East was one of the go to conferences. Seems grounded. Can walk in the door to a recruit or transfer and say I can give you the tools you need to reach the NBA, but you're going to have to work.

A Marshall-like hire is probably never going to happen again in our lifetimes (debbie downer, sorry). But in this new landscape of college basketball with all the distractions and NIL, he seems like a good and inspirational leader. Seems like a splash hire, too, and in a good way that it would be more than a blurb across the bottom of the screen announcement on ESPN. I can potentially see a fair amount of excitement around this hire.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Yeah I thought Colorado was basically his dream job. Unless his seat is starting to get warm.

Or it could even be USF if the Brey thing doesn't work out.

But how much was DeVries wanting if we can't afford him but we could afford Tad Boyle. If they are indeed talking about us (I am not so sure they are, in regards to Boyle)

The part that makes me think they don't mean WSU is he says a school that "has a ton of money and just bought out their coach".

If we had a ton of money we wouldn't need to be going after Boyle.
                            Tad might make sense if he feels like he cannot do much more in Boulder. He just finished his 13th season there. The last two have been disappointing with NIT berths. Maybe he doesn't have the greatest support with administration, especially since football is about to get all the attention.

He does have a top recruit coming in next season, so that would surprise me if he lets go of that possibility (obviously noting that the kid could come here too).

We could certainly do a lot worse than Tad. Good coach and an even better man.

78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
                              A Marshall-like hire is probably never going to happen again in our lifetimes (debbie downer, sorry).
                              What is a Marshall-like hire? And why can't we ever get one again?

Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

What is a Marshall-like hire? And why can't we ever get one again?
                                For the same reason that the Beakers won't find another Bill Self hire who will run roughshod over the Big 12. Those guys are unicorns.

To JV's credit, he did say "probably never."
                                78-65

Comment

Working...
                                X