Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would we have made a phone call to Brey? I have no idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
      Would we have made a phone call to Brey? I have no idea.
      Maybe. And that would be another one that would make sense to at least Guage interest
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

These kind of comments make me laugh. Just who IS in our league? As I see it, we are in the same league as mid-high level P5 jobs. And those are exactly who we are in competition with for these candidates.

Do I personally like other candidates better? Sure, but that is just a personal preference. Doesnt mean those other people we are necessarily out of their league.

I think a Kelsey, Richey, McCasland, DeVries is exactly who we should be targeting.
        Did you watch Furman in the tourney games?? Very vanilla team that looked a lot like IB teams. No thanks. And I am glad I could make you laugh.

Comment

Too busy chasing down the Morehead State coach.

Comment

doubtful

Comment

• I saw UT Arlington has hired KT Turner as head coach.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Care to fill me in? Honest question.
                He looks like a mobster lol.
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Did you watch Furman in the tourney games?? Very vanilla team that looked a lot like IB teams. No thanks. And I am glad I could make you laugh.
                  I didn't like their style as a fit for our program or conference. I dont feel his style would energize the fanbase. But again, that is personal preference.

However, at a school and in a conference like Furman you can't argue the results. But neither of us are in a position or qualified to make that call. Unless you are involved personally with the coaching search. Maybe you are and have a better viewpoint and understanding than the rest of us.

But to say we are out of his league is kind of a crazy statement to me. He will end up at a school of fairly equal value of Wichita State if he so chooses. Just a matter of if he does. I think he will be better suited for an East Coast team. But that is just me.

I am just afraid that some people, not necessarily you, are setting themselves up for a bigger disappointment than they need to.

Dont mean any offense. Just an opinion.
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

At least WSU isn't dealing with this mess.
                    Which is why WSU will be paying 3 head coaches next year. Better than some protracted for cause firing lawsuit, but still taxing on resources.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

I didn't like their style as a fit for our program or conference. I dont feel his style would energize the fanbase. But again, that is personal preference.

However, at a school and in a conference like Furman you can't argue the results. But neither of us are in a position or qualified to make that call. Unless you are involved personally with the coaching search. Maybe you are and have a better viewpoint and understanding than the rest of us.

But to say we are out of his league is kind of a crazy statement to me. He will end up at a school of fairly equal value of Wichita State if he so chooses. Just a matter of if he does. I think he will be better suited for an East Coast team. But that is just me.

I am just afraid that some people, not necessarily you, are setting themselves up for a bigger disappointment than they need to.

Dont mean any offense. Just an opinion.
                      I have nothing against coaches from a lower level as long as their demeanor and x's and o's style is a fit, or what I think is a fit. I like Kelsey a lot. I like Pasternack at UCSB. Not sold on Richey, Devries, or Spradlin. I think Sampson would be an excellent choice based on what I have seen. The lack of HC experience does give me pause, but you can't argue that he hasn't been a part of a successful program and seen how it is done.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

That extension is from March 2022.
                        details...details....smooomf

I guess those who are worried can go back to worrying.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

I have nothing against coaches from a lower level as long as their demeanor and x's and o's style is a fit, or what I think is a fit. I like Kelsey a lot. I like Pasternack at UCSB. Not sold on Richey, Devries, or Spradlin. I think Sampson would be an excellent choice based on what I have seen. The lack of HC experience does give me pause, but you can't argue that he hasn't been a part of a successful program and seen how it is done.
                          Fair enough. And, personally, I do have a similar opinion overall in regards to those candidates.

Comment

His record the last few years.

2018-2019 14-19
                            2019-2020 20-12
                            2020-2021 11-15
                            2021-2022 24-11
                            2022-2023 11-21

total 80-78
                            Prior 403-202

His last five years have been very unimpressive. Prior record looks great.

Comment

• USF hiring Brey is a perfect example of the giant chasm between the new AAC and the MVC even though MVC fans want to pretend the conferences are equal.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post

His record the last few years.

2018-2019 14-19
                                2019-2020 20-12
                                2020-2021 11-15
                                2021-2022 24-11
                                2022-2023 11-21

total 80-78
                                Prior 403-202

His last five years have been very unimpressive. Prior record looks great.
                                I do believe sometimes a change is enough to re-energize. Who knows, but unless he is completely burned out I think he could do quite well at another place.

Comment

Working...
                                X