Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good news everyone! We're on the umpteenth iteration of this argument on SN and it will actually be solved now.

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by lostshocker View Post

If pohto is an international student he can't receive NIL in the states.
      is this true?

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

You are one funny guy. Your father probably never slapped you upside the head, let alone spank you.
        If your a female, I forgive you for being soft, as women generally deal with things a little more tenderly. Where as men use a little more forceful methods to teach their kids right from wrong.
        So which is it.
        Are you a woman or a little cream puff guy?
        I have a bigger dick than you and a higher IQ than you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Ron Baker did admit he never saw anybody get punched. So that's the end of it then, right?
          He said there were players who did see it happened and they all talked about it. He also alluded to seeing "other things".

So once I heard his interview, you know something happened. And like Ron said, if he would have came out and said something to the effect I got carried away because he didn't want to see Zach Brown injured and apologized, and then maybe said he would take anger counseling or something this would have all blown over because Wichita loves him. But he didn't, probably because of pride, and probably on advice of counsel who told him he had more to lose than gain.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

is this true?
            15.Can international student-athletes benefit from name, image and
            likeness activities?

Yes. International individuals are covered by the interim NIL policy; however, they may consider consulting
            with the Designated School Official at the institution they are attending for guidance related to maintaining
            their immigration status and tax implications. Specifically, student-athletes, prospective student-athletes,
            schools or school officials who have questions may write to the U.S. Student and Exchange Visitor Program
            atSEVP@ice.dhs.gov.

Long story is NIL might affect them depending on their VISA status. But I saw what was happening was foreign players are now getting NIL deals outside of the united states. I'm sure there is Belgium Nike.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

The only problem with this is that he is still considered by almost everyone to be the Best Coach in WSU history, and will undoubtedly have a pennant up at some future point. Ralph (yelled, cussed, Drank and Smoked like a fire pit) wasn't any different, and he has one too. Smithson was much the same type of coach. So you can't just erase Gregg from people's memories, no matter how much you try. Whether Gregg punched, or flicked his ear is the issue, and range of possibilities people are troubled about.
              Nobody is saying erase him from memory. But there's no need to constantly argue about what people think did or didn't happen that caused him to leave. The report is sealed, no one here has anything besides speculation for either side of the argument. No one is changing anyone else's mind.

Focus on which of his coaching qualities we need in our next coach. Whether he punched, slapped, tickled or gave a player a wet Willie is irrelevant and just causes threads to get into pissing contests.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

I have a bigger dick than you and a higher IQ than you.
                Is that what your mom says? She's the only one that could know.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

Go listen to the Gottlieb podcast linked above. 36 minute mark. Baker says he did witness many of things in the report and it's pretty obvious he believes shaqs account and says other players did witness it.
                  I have watched it. Then I read the follow up interview where he clarified he never saw anybody get punched and that Shaq was alone.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

Go listen to the Gottlieb podcast linked above. 36 minute mark. Baker says he did witness many of things in the report and it's pretty obvious he believes shaqs account and says other players did witness it.
                    Nobody argued he was perfect. He had tons of support from players early on in his tenure. Did he punch him like ******* said? We just don’t know that. But Ralph didn’t leave without some questionable stories, and some people willing to usher him out. In today’s climate, who knows how those stories would be interpreted. But, it sounds like people are willing to gossip and make things up that they really don’t know. I just think people need to stop saying things are obvious that aren’t obvious. Baker should speak for himself, and others shouldn’t.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Nobody is saying erase him from memory. But there's no need to constantly argue about what people think did or didn't happen that caused him to leave. The report is sealed, no one here has anything besides speculation for either side of the argument. No one is changing anyone else's mind.

Focus on which of his coaching qualities we need in our next coach. Whether he punched, slapped, tickled or gave a player a wet Willie is irrelevant and just causes threads to get into pissing contests.
                      Then stop arguing.

Comment

Nobody argued he was perfect. He had tons of support from players early on in his tenure. Did he punch him like ******* said? We just don’t know that. But Ralph didn’t leave without some questionable stories, and some people willing to usher him out. In today’s climate, who knows how those stories would be interpreted. But, it sounds like people are willing to gossip and make things up that they really don’t know. I just think people need to stop saying things are obvious that aren’t obvious. Baker should speak for himself, and others shouldn’t.
                        The for sure data point that should tell you all you need to know is this... There was enough evidence in the report on all parties involved that both WSU and 3G each gave up ~7 million dollars to avoid court and having the investigation become public record. So let's just leave it at that and move on.

Comment

Then stop arguing.
                          I'm not. I'm trying to direct things back to important topic at hand... Who will be our next coach

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

That story doesn't pass the sniff test.

Also, I don't remember many on here being super offended by the announcers; just comments about them being dumb not to realize it was "Poor" instead of "Pooh".
                            Poor Bear and Marshall used to joke about his heritage all the time and it was usually PB who started it. That is coming from inside the program. GTFO with that even being a thing. Marshall was foul mouthed and crude sometimes (not unusual in that profession) but is as far from being a racist as you can get.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

The for sure data point that should tell you all you need to know is this... There was enough evidence in the report on all parties involved that both WSU and 3G each gave up ~7 million dollars to avoid court and having the investigation become public record. So let's just leave it at that and move on.
                              So you think he’s totally guilty although you admit you don’t know how much. You aren’t giving up either. You obviously are against him.

Comment

• I suspect the arguing about this part of shocker history will continue until we have a coach winning games and getting into the Ncaa tourney. That’s the only reasonable outcome.

Comment

Working...
                                X