Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Game Thread: vs. Alcorn State (11/12/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

8500 paid attendance; 6500 actual butts in seats. Unfortunately, that’s about all we can expect at this point​​​​​.
    I’m hoping the student section is packed to the gills; definitely adds enjoyment to the atmosphere. They were really good at the home opener.
    We were at most games last year. Looking forward to comparison.

Hardest part will be figuring out who everyone is.

Comment

Taylor's Shocker story on take aways on the UCA game was telling. He had video on defensive rebounding that showed at least twice and I'm sure it happened more than that, where only 3 Shockers were involved in the defensive rebounding. To Brown's credit, he did put 5 new players in the game, a couple of times, when this happened. We need 5 guys on the defensive boards, not 3, or 4. For all of the great things said about Ricky (and he wasn't the only one) offensively last year, he often didn't rebound very hard. This should be one of the easier things for Brown to fix. UCA went to the boards hard. We didn't. We shall see if we improve.

Comment

Upper level (like top row, row 34) tickets for this game on the WSU Athletics website are $40 a piece. Cheapest ticket period is $30. Want to improve attendance? Try not gouging people for Alcorn ****ing State. [End rant]

Comment

Alcorn State vs. Wichita State - Game Summary - November 12, 2022 - ESPN

Vegas had the Shockers open as 17.5 favorites. Now at 15.5 points

Comment

1 point game at halftime at Ole Miss (bottom 1/3 SEC team) and just 7 under 10 minutes to go. ASU is certainly capable of giving us all we want and more.

Rebound like we did in the opener and we'll be lucky to get 10 boards vs Houston.

I do think this group has some upside. It's likely to manifest itself in a high pressure, high energy full court game. I don't see them being terribly successful in half court games outside of some CP3 one on one success.

Not sure what to expect, but just about anything is possible.

Comment

The screaming idiots are back in the front row of the student section. If it’s way worse going to be very disappointed.
              Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Light show was really cool

Comment

Okathree off to a hot start
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

So is Wade
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Shox trail 5-11 at the first break.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

5? Did they screw up or was one of Okafors shots only a 2?
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Every time we plan an ex, they always go off on us.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

It's 6
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Four turnovers in six minutes
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Rojas seems to be kind of a selfish player.

Comment

Working...
                                X