2022-23 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

That wasn't the play call. I think that was the backup when the lob wasn't available.

Still a good call that got a wide open look. Just better defense by Pitt

Mostly I am just glad they lost lol....selfishly
    Yea, that's why I said it was probably the 4th option. He was definitely wide open. I feel his pain at watching players brick wide open 3s after the last 2 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Yea, that's why I said it was probably the 4th option. He was definitely wide open. I feel his pain at watching players brick wide open 3s after the last 2 years.
      For sure
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• MSU had 49 rebounds with 18 on the offensive boards.

Comment

• That was a high level First Four game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post

Nice iso play in crunch time.
            JB plays with a lot of confidence; I've watched a few Pitt games this year. Excellent pick-n-pop guy. He'll show that against the Cyclones if he gets more minutes than he did tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
              Bring Jans home
              Well, for those of you willing to give up your first born or at least a significant body part, CJ is now on the clock!
              Oh yea, JB still looks good in black & gold.

That is all.
              Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Future AAC foe UAB blows out USM tonight in NIT action.

That is all.
                Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• If the next coach is Jans it could be 3 or 4 days until we know. If we know he's coming here before then, the deal was done before the tourney. If Jans doesn't make an "I'm staying" announcement Wednesday, he's in play.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    If the next coach is Jans it could be 3 or 4 days until we know. If we know he's coming here before then, the deal was done before the tourney. If Jans doesn't make an "I'm staying" announcement Wednesday, he's in play.
                    That's the main thing. If we don't get an official "I'm staying" within a day or two....then it is still on the table.
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                      Think of all the dominos that had to fall for a former WSU player to hit the game winning shot to knock out a former WSU assistant coach.

All roads lead to Wichita.
                      first chuckle of the morning....how true....

Comment

• Chris Jans only has one tournament win to his name, but he could have 2 or 3 (or even more) if one or two wide open shots would have gone in.
                        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                          Chris Jans only has one tournament win to his name, but he could have 2 or 3 (or even more) if one or two wide open shots would have gone in.
                          Yep. 2019. NMSU had a couple different missed chances to beat Auburn, including a missed free throw and a WIDE OPEN shot miss at buzzer. Auburn would *****-slap the Beakers in the next round and eventually make Final 4 (losing a heartbreaker to Virginia in that game). Transitive property doesn't really work in sports, but you wonder what New Mexico State could have done with Auburn's path.
                          78-65

Comment

• Pitt got out rebounded by 17 boards (18 to 6 on the O glass) and still won.

I'll never say D is overrated but the college game (esp. NCAA's) is decided by guard play. That same old platitude is still true.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                              Pitt got out rebounded by 17 boards (18 to 6 on the O glass) and still won.

I'll never say D is overrated but the college game (esp. NCAA's) is decided by guard play. That same old platitude is still true.
                              I have always said, defense will always keep you in the game. But you still have to score to win.

I personally feel that a great defense and average offense is better than a great offense and average defense.

Only because good defense travels and doesnt have many off nights. Whereas a good offense can have more off nights. Sometimes shots just dont fall.

But at the end of the day, you still have to have some sort of balance and be able to do both

Comment

• Airline has apparently lost all athletic equipment of Grand Canyon.

Drew is trying to buy up all Nike gear he can find for his team to practice in.

They're hoping the unis are found and delivered before their Friday game.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X