Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocktoberfest
    replied
    I can't wait for basketball to start. Sheeesh!

Leave a comment:

• shock
    replied
    This reminds me of the “women are paid 70% of what men are paid” conversation.

Leave a comment:

• Shockm
    replied
    Originally posted by Shockadaisical View Post

Here's our difference of opinion. You believe cops to be bad and looking for confrontations.
    I believe cops to be good guys looking to protect me from bad guys.
    Also reactions and attitude towards a cop during a stop can vary your treatment regardless of your race.
    Are more blacks stopped and searched than whites. Yes. Why is the question. The answer is available if you look at prison populations or crime records. But I do have to say that whites are catching up in those numbers over the last couple years.

I don't post much on here anymore, but I am going to challenge your premise. I personally hold the belief in any profession that there are people who are good at their job and people that are not. There are some great policeman who do their jobs and serve the public and their are also ones who are racist and want to get off on the power they have been given. Their are white supremacist organizations in this country who try to infiltrate police departments with their members. Your idea that police merely pull over more blacks based upon crime numbers, has racist overtones. So a policeman has a right to pull over more black people based upon the suspicion that they may have committed a crime, because statistics say there is a good chance they did? What happened to reasonable suspicion? Or is being black your reasonable suspicion? I live in the suburbs of KC and helped raise three young black men who have never committed a crime and can tell you that they have gotten pulled over for no reason more than is reasonable.
    Amen People in life often see in others what they are looking for.

Leave a comment:

• Shockadaisical
    replied

Here's our difference of opinion. You believe cops to be bad and looking for confrontations.
    Also reactions and attitude towards a cop during a stop can vary your treatment regardless of your race.
    Are more blacks stopped and searched than whites. Yes. Why is the question. The answer is available if you look at prison populations or crime records. But I do have to say that whites are catching up in those numbers over the last couple years.

I don't post much on here anymore, but I am going to challenge your premise. I personally hold the belief in any profession that there are people who are good at their job and people that are not. There are some great policeman who do their jobs and serve the public and their are also ones who are racist and want to get off on the power they have been given. Their are white supremacist organizations in this country who try to infiltrate police departments with their members. Your idea that police merely pull over more blacks based upon crime numbers, has racist overtones. So a policeman has a right to pull over more black people based upon the suspicion that they may have committed a crime, because statistics say there is a good chance they did? What happened to reasonable suspicion? Or is being black your reasonable suspicion? I live in the suburbs of KC and helped raise three young black men who have never committed a crime and can tell you that they have gotten pulled over for no reason more than is reasonable.

Leave a comment:

• Atxshoxfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Topshock View Post

Okay, let me walk you through this since you are struggling.

My first post had nothing to do with race. I simply stated that people, of all races, need to stand up to police intimidation.

My second post was in response to Atxshoxfan insinuating that racial profiling does not exist because he was searched and he is white.

If you need any more help just let me know.

Leave a comment:

• Topshock
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Attack?? Wow!
    So predictable from you.

Leave a comment:

• Topshock
    replied
    Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

If that was a "ridiculous attack" you must lead a very sheltered life. Sorry to have harmed you in this watershed moment of your existence. I pray you can heal and recover.

Take solace in the fact that you and I are probably on the same page when it comes to a well-based fear of law enforcement in a macro sense. I just happen to think they hate everyone who's not part of their gang relatively equally, for the most part.
    Don't worry about me. I'm pretty sure I will be OK. Your attempted empathy for another human is indeed touching, however.

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied

I have no idea what Molly did. I addressed the two post I made before your ridiculous attack
    Attack?? Wow!

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied

You and Molly posted a total of three times before Atx even posted his first in the thread.

Remember that demand v supply thing?
    Molly only stated that he wasn't sure how he would respond as a black man, which Emoni is and Molly may be. I get that people of color do sometimes have different experiences with police and may be afraid that not doing anything and everything they say could lead to the police escalating things. We've seen it happen, and not just with people of color. But I do think more people in general exercising their rights would be a good thing for all, including police.

So Molly's comment was very much in context and related to both the discussion about rights and Emoni as a black man in the situation that started this discussion.

Leave a comment:

• SHOCKvalue
    replied

I have no idea what Molly did. I addressed the two post I made before your ridiculous attack
    If that was a "ridiculous attack" you must lead a very sheltered life. Sorry to have harmed you in this watershed moment of your existence. I pray you can heal and recover.

Take solace in the fact that you and I are probably on the same page when it comes to a well-based fear of law enforcement in a macro sense. I just happen to think they hate everyone who's not part of their gang relatively equally, for the most part.

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied
    Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
    The moment you are stopped by any law enforcement official and you don't want to speak with them, your response only needs to be: "I want to speak with a lawyer."
    Or you clearly state you're exercising your 5th amendment right. You have the right to remain silent, but for some reason you also have to announce that you're using it. But also articulating that you won't answer any questions without a lawyer present also isn't bad.

Leave a comment:

• WuShock Reaper
    replied
    The moment you are stopped by any law enforcement official and you don't want to speak with them, your response only needs to be: "I want to speak with a lawyer."

Leave a comment:

• Topshock
    replied

You and Molly posted a total of three times before Atx even posted his first in the thread.

Leave a comment:

• SHOCKvalue
    replied

My first post had nothing to do with race. I simply stated that people, of all races, need to stand up to police intimidation.

My second post was in response to Atxshoxfan insinuating that racial profiling does not exist because he was searched and he is white.

Remember that demand v supply thing?

Leave a comment:

• Topshock
    replied

I asked a simple question earlier. Are you going to answer it or pull back into your ad hominem shell?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X