Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• molly jabali
    replied
    the SELF righteous attitude is beyond belief...

Leave a comment:

• WuShock Reaper
    replied
    Not a good start for the AAC. We already have 3 of the Top 10 Upsets thru 11/08/22.
    Date Winner Score Loser Score
    1 11/07/22 Stetson 83 @ Florida St 74
    2 11/07/22 FGCU 74 @ USC 61
    3 11/07/22 Sam Houston St 52 @ Oklahoma 51
    4 11/07/22 UNC Asheville 98 @ UCF 95
    5 11/07/22 UC Davis 75 @ California 65
    6 11/07/22 Wagner 76 @ Temple 73
    7 11/07/22 Quinnipiac 67 @ Rhode Island 62
    8 11/07/22 W Illinois 71 @ Illinois St 68
    9 11/07/22 SE Missouri St 64 @ South Florida 61
    10 11/07/22 @ Pepperdine 106 Rice 67
    Last edited by Kung Wu; November 10, 2022, 12:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
    Look, I'm more on the "defend KU" side than most when it comes to other things, and this is well-documented. I think Self is as good as it gets when it comes to Xs and Os, and I think he cultivates a good culture within the KU program. He's not a Coach K or Calipari type guy when it comes to getting players, and he coaches his rear end off. I love the sets he creates and the way he runs his offense and defense. I would KILL to have him running our program now, and the same applies to Rick Pitino (obviously assuming Marshall's departure). Those guys know basketball and are fantastic at relationships.

But holy cow, this is insane. Self and Townsend knew exactly what was going on. There was no mystery about it. That tape and the relationship with TJ Gassnola showed as much.

Duke and Kentucky? Cheating their asses off. No disciplinary measures. KU does it? Well, a little slap on the wrist and you're on your way. Can you imagine if we had a coach committing violations this blatant?

Coach K, Cal, and Self should all be lumped into the same lot when it comes to avoiding NCAA sanctions. It's like watching Paul Pelosi execute an insider trade.
    Just a reminder...WSU baseball had a few kids BUY Xmas gifts for their families at a discount (cost plus) and were hit with multiple player suspensions, forfeiture of all games in which they participated and had to remove and return the NCAA tournament participation plaque. And we self reported.

I can't begin to tell you the number of ****s I have for Ku and the NCAA.

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied
    Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post

So, a defensive battle then.
    It does appear that playing defense was a battle.

Leave a comment:

• Shocker Mama
    replied
    Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    Random, crazy, non-Shocker related stat . . .

HCC vs. Fort Scott tonight. 65 combined turnovers with a final score of 124-101.
    So, a defensive battle then.

Leave a comment:

• Ashockalypse
    replied
    Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
    Look, I'm more on the "defend KU" side than most when it comes to other things, and this is well-documented. I think Self is as good as it gets when it comes to Xs and Os, and I think he cultivates a good culture within the KU program. He's not a Coach K or Calipari type guy when it comes to getting players, and he coaches his rear end off. I love the sets he creates and the way he runs his offense and defense. I would KILL to have him running our program now, and the same applies to Rick Pitino (obviously assuming Marshall's departure). Those guys know basketball and are fantastic at relationships.

But holy cow, this is insane. Self and Townsend knew exactly what was going on. There was no mystery about it. That tape and the relationship with TJ Gassnola showed as much.

Duke and Kentucky? Cheating their asses off. No disciplinary measures. KU does it? Well, a little slap on the wrist and you're on your way. Can you imagine if we had a coach committing violations this blatant?

Coach K, Cal, and Self should all be lumped into the same lot when it comes to avoiding NCAA sanctions. It's like watching Paul Pelosi execute an insider trade.
    That post is great starting precisely at “holy cow…”

Leave a comment:

• Kel Varnsen
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
    Self and Townsend "suspended" four games. That'll show em...

Kansas suspended coach Bill Self and assistant Kurtis Townsend for the first four games as part of restrictions related to its 2017 corruption case.

Don't forget that they self imposed a "scholarship" removal .. as if they weren't punishing themselves for paying players under the table anyways. Scholarships don't mean much when they can just funnel NIL to a player.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerDropOut
    replied
    Memphis and KU fight the NCAA over level one violations and gets essentially zero done to them. OSU self reports about violations having nothing do with anyone still in the program and gets a post-season ban. That’s justice the NCAA way.

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Self and Townsend "suspended" four games. That'll show em...

Kansas suspended coach Bill Self and assistant Kurtis Townsend for the first four games as part of restrictions related to its 2017 corruption case.

Leave a comment:

• RoyalShock
    replied
    Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

I remember you being from Buhler, IIRC.....do you go to Blue Dragon games?
    Live in Hutch now, but yes, I try to get to a game each year. Went to 2 or 3 last year since my step-son was in the pep band.

Last year Hutch had a lot of games where they scored 100+ and their coach has publicly said he expects to play faster this year. Could be an entertaining show.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    Paul Westhead would be proud.

Leave a comment:

• molly jabali
    replied
    Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    Here is the boxscore: https://bluedragonsports.com/sports/...21101_r2u9.xml

Other eye-popping numbers:

91 rebounds, 43 of them offensive
    FGA: Hutch 94, FS 65
    3FGA: Hutch 49 (made 18)
    Hutch committed 35 fouls and no Hutch player fouled out. FS had 20 and fouled out 3 players.
    FS shot 47 FTs compared to 22 for HCC.
    Hutch had 24 steals

Avg time per posession: 5 seconds

Ok, I made that last one up, but my best calculation, about 13 seconds. 2400 / (FGA - ORB + TO)

By comparison, using that same formula in our 102-66 win over PVA&M last year, avg time per possession was 18.5 seconds.
    I remember you being from Buhler, IIRC.....do you go to Blue Dragon games?

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied
    That's just insane

Leave a comment:

• RoyalShock
    replied
    Here is the boxscore: https://bluedragonsports.com/sports/...21101_r2u9.xml

Other eye-popping numbers:

91 rebounds, 43 of them offensive
    FGA: Hutch 94, FS 65
    3FGA: Hutch 49 (made 18)
    Hutch committed 35 fouls and no Hutch player fouled out. FS had 20 and fouled out 3 players.
    FS shot 47 FTs compared to 22 for HCC.
    Hutch had 24 steals

Avg time per posession: 5 seconds

Ok, I made that last one up, but my best calculation, about 13 seconds. 2400 / (FGA - ORB + TO)

By comparison, using that same formula in our 102-66 win over PVA&M last year, avg time per possession was 18.5 seconds.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X