Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realignment Carousel Spins Up again (USC and UCLA to Big 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Pac is kinda screwed

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

San Diego State, Gonzaga, Utah State, CSU would all be the second or third best bball program in the AAC. Oregon State, Wazzou, Boise top 4. Play our games at 3 am for all I care if we play the best teams possible, I’ll find a way to watch lol.

and I really enjoy the west coast and would love a lot of these trips
      It would be awful. We would be on a massive island. We would have no footing in the South and East where we recruit the most. Tip times would be horrible for us. The school as a whole would lose connection to where they pull students from. The only way it would even remotely be something to be considered is if we got a full 10-15 million share like Gonzaga

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post

Utah State gonna be the one that causes the MWC collapse

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Quick reaction ....

1) There is safety in numbers
          2) There is a better opportunity to form reasonable East and West divisions that would prevent stupid travel expenses from exploding
          3) There are a lot more marquee football and basketball games baked into the schedule
          First of all, I should have had Army as a Football Member only.

Next, we need to go for this merger and add Gonzaga, Grand Canyon, and Saint Mary's from West Coast Conference. Then move Air Force and Colorado State to the East Division. That would give each Division 15 Teams. Then create a 20-game Conference Schedule against your division. You play Home and Away against 6 teams. Then you play either home or away against 8 teams to get to a total of 20.

In addition, you are required to play four games against the other division, i.e., two-home and two-away each season. However, these are not considered conference games. The Conference Senior Director decides each year who you play, i.e., what is in the best interest of the Conference. There would still be a winner take all for the Conference Tournament each year to be held in Las Vegas, East versus West. The top team in each Division gets a first-round bye as all 30 Teams make the conference Tournament. You would have to either win 4 or 5 games to get the automatic birth.

This could possibly generate, 2-3 teams for the football playoffs each year.
          This would generate, 5-7 teams each year for the NCAA Tournament.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
            X