Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realignment Carousel Spins Up again (USC and UCLA to Big 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Army conversations moving along.
    AAC: let’s add pure garbage.

Especially with Houston, Cinci, UCF gone… calling the American a power conference is extremely untrue.

Most, if not all original American schools want out of the American

Comment

• Let's not pretend if Wichita St. had a football squad that if Army came to town on a crisp October or November Saturday afternoon that there wouldn't be a standing only SOLD-OUT Wichita St. home game filled to the rafters with 50-plus thousand fans in attendance on national tv.
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
        Let's not pretend if Wichita St. had a football squad that if Army came to town on a crisp October or November Saturday afternoon that there wouldn't be a standing only SOLD-OUT Wichita St. home game filled to the rafters with 50-plus thousand fans in attendance on national tv.
        It’s not 1925, what are you talking about?

Who cares if they add army or not, I’m just interested in whether or not they get a decent non football school to come with them.

Comment

Let's not pretend if Wichita St. had a football squad that if Army came to town on a crisp October or November Saturday afternoon that there wouldn't be a standing only SOLD-OUT Wichita St. home game filled to the rafters with 50-plus thousand fans in attendance on national tv.
          There absolutely would not.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

I'm not sure about the national TV part, but the rest is more true than not. The Service Academies will still draw more eyes to a product simply because of who they are and what they represent.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• The insanity behind the SMU push to buy their way into a conference ...

Comment

The insanity behind the SMU push to buy their way into a conference ...
                As was quoted, "It's just business."

Comment

• Army is a significantly more valuable football member than SMU, in terms of eyeballs, for what it's worth.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                    Army is a significantly more valuable football member than SMU, in terms of eyeballs, for what it's worth.
                    True.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Army is a significantly more valuable football member than SMU, in terms of eyeballs, for what it's worth.
                      And that is absolutely what is driving all this realignment stuff. Still it would be nice fo find a non-football school with a solid basketball program to pair up with Army, although that is probably a secondary consideration.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 7, 2023, 09:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post

As was quoted, "It's just business."
                        “It’s a couple hundred million dollars. I’m not losing sleep over it.” Besides the U.S.tax code will subsidize at least $70 million of that through taxes I save with my charitable deductions, plus the net cost to me is $130 million that will be out of my estate saving me $52 million at current estate tax rates down the line. So costing me a net of $78 million. So really the Federal government deserves most of the credit here.

Comment

The insanity behind the SMU push to buy their way into a conference ...
                          If the deep pockets that support WSU wanted to have football, we would have it. For whatever reason, they must be choosing to not pour hundreds of millions into restarting football. Yes, some other schools have done it, but I'm sure they all had wealthy donors willing to back it to the hilt.
                          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I'm not sure about the national TV part, but the rest is more true than not. The Service Academies will still draw more eyes to a product simply because of who they are and what they represent.
                            Not true. I'm AF season ticket holder and there is absolutely no validity to this claim.

Comment

Says who?

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Says who?

The numbers do

Comment

Working...
                                X