Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realignment Carousel Spins Up again (USC and UCLA to Big 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
    The reason KU doesn’t impose their will on the Big East and request to join that conference is because state legislature won’t allow it. The Big East isn’t considered major conference. I can pretty much guarantee Topeka is telling both KU and Kstate “Neither of you are going anywhere unless it’s somewhere you can both go that’s considered a major conference, due to in-state bragging rights” And at this point the only place they could both still go to satisfy politics is the SEC

Comment

Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post

The reason KU doesn’t impose their will on the Big East and request to join that conference is because state legislature won’t allow it. The Big East isn’t considered major conference. I can pretty much guarantee Topeka is telling both KU and Kstate “Neither of you are going anywhere unless it’s somewhere you can both go that’s considered a major conference, due to in-state bragging rights” And at this point the only place they could both still go to satisfy politics is the SEC
      Are you sure? I realize the KBoR is involved. I don’t think “Topeka” has much if any say unless you mean the KBoR. Even then, I doubt the KBoR will restrict one school in order to have the other tag-a-long.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
        Are you sure? I realize the KBoR is involved. I don’t think “Topeka” has much if any say unless you mean the KBoR. Even then, I doubt the KBoR will restrict one school in order to have the other tag-a-long.
        Topeka absolutely has say in it. You really think KU and Kstate stay in the Big 12 cause they are stuck? I’m not a fan of either school, but if one could leave without the other, they would of already been gone

Comment

Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post

Topeka absolutely has say in it. You really think KU and Kstate stay in the Big 12 cause they are stuck? I’m not a fan of either school, but if one could leave without the other, they would of already been gone
          I respectfully disagree with your belief. Up until now they have not had any invitations to move anywhere. The premise that KU is stuck (or KSU for that matter) because the other school is holding them back is simply not factual. I might be wrong and would love to see any information that supports your claim that they are joined at the hip.

Comment

I respectfully disagree with your belief. Up until now they have not had any invitations to move anywhere. The premise that KU is stuck (or KSU for that matter) because the other school is holding them back is simply not factual. I might be wrong and would love to see any information that supports your claim that they are joined at the hip.
            Do you have any information to back up your claim that they haven’t reached out to, or been invited to any conference?

Comment

I remember hearing the same thing about OU and O-State. Sure, they’d be some whining and bellyaching in Topeka, but there’s nothing they can do if KU wants to fly the coop.
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I remember hearing the same thing about OU and O-State. Sure, they’d be some whining and bellyaching in Topeka, but there’s nothing they can do if KU wants to fly the coop.
                Oklahoma, as in the state and how it’s government operates is not in joint operation with the state of Kansas

Comment

Rutgers vs USC will be a BIG 10 matchup. Lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                    Rutgers vs USC will be a BIG 10 matchup. Lmao
                    So when Rutgers heads out on a roadie to USC will they fly west or east?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                      Lol at the new conference map tapatalk_2007416248_543x333.jpeg
                      John Kerry is going to love that carbon footprint!

Comment

• All-time FBS wins leaders
                        RANK SCHOOL CONF. WINS
                        1 Michigan Big Ten 976
                        2 Ohio State Big Ten 942
                        3 Alabama SEC 942
                        4 Oklahoma SEC 931
                        5 Notre Dame Independent 929
                        6 Texas SEC 928
                        7 Penn State Big Ten 909
                        8 Nebraska Big Ten 908
                        9 USC Big Ten 856
                        10 Tennessee SEC 856
                        11 Georgia SEC 853
                        12 LSU SEC 823
                        Winner: Superconferences

The two super-conference model is coming.

The SEC and Big Ten are lapping everyone else at an all-costs mentality, and that's going to lead to more conference plundering in the near future. College football is following the NFL model, and the SEC, Big Ten and television networks have control of the future.

College football is completely corporate. Hostile takeovers, outrageous contracts and even Name, Image and Likeness are part of the show. Why did USC and UCLA leave the Pac-12 for the Big Ten?

The answer is always money.

What does that mean for the College Football Playoff? It could mean two super conferences with 20 to 24 teams each. They play out a regular season, both conferences do their own playoff and there's a college football version of the Super Bowl at the end. This is the next evolution of the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

John Kerry is going to love that carbon footprint!
                          I just don’t understand how they can even pretend this is good for the “student athlete”. Imagine USC women’s soccer with a Tuesday night roadie to Rutgers. The expense and time wasted traveling the non revenue sports clear across the country will be crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post

Do you have any information to back up your claim that they haven’t reached out to, or been invited to any conference?
                            Oh I’m sure they both have reached out. Just no invitations yet. Otherwise, they’d be jumping up and down for the B10 or SEC. Maybe they’ll get an invite to the PAC12 now.

Interesting article.

As the future of the Big 12 Conference hangs in the balance, one thing is clear: The University of Kansas will need approval from the Kansas Board of Regents to make any type of move regarding its conference affiliation. That fact is spelled out in black and white in the Board of Regents’ bylaws and […]

Comment

• Ryan McGee, ESPN Senior Writer
                              "The British fleet had the Spanish Armada. The United States had the Soviet Union. The Beatles had the Rolling Stones. Now the SEC has the Big Ten."

For three of those above, things didn't go so well.

Pete Thamel, ESPN Senior Writer
                              "The flimsy Alliance formed between the Pac-12, Big Ten and ACC in reaction to the SEC's move will now be remembered as college football's version of New Coke."

Sounds like another case study opportunity for Harvard Business Journal.

Comment

• If the Pac-12 and Big 12 were smart, they would do a complete merger of the two conferences right now. It would create a 22 team conference that could be split into an 11 team western division and an 11 team eastern division.

Western Division:

Washington
                                Washington State
                                Oregon
                                Oregon State
                                Stanford
                                Cal
                                Arizona
                                Arizona State
                                Utah
                                BYU
                                Colorado

Eastern Division:

Kansas
                                Kansas State
                                Iowa State
                                Oklahoma State
                                Texas Tech
                                TCU
                                Baylor
                                Houston
                                Cincinnati
                                West Virginia
                                Central Florida

This would be the smart thing to do to get ahead of this superconference thing and create THE superconference for the western U.S. It would not have the prestige of the Big Ten and SEC. As the chart that 1972 posted shows, the Big Ten and SEC have 11 of the top 12 all-time FBS wins leaders. No one's going to be able to best that as a conference, but the Pac-12 and Big 12 could create the third best superconference and at least try to keep a seat at the table with the Big Ten and SEC.

Instead what I think is going to happen is that the best teams from the Pac-12 and Big 12 are going to beg for a Big Ten or SEC invite, meanwhile the Pac-12 and Big 12 are going to try to add new members to keep their conferences viable instead of going for a complete merger. A complete merger would make more sense rather than this tinkering by adding San Diego State or whatever to try to keep your conference viable.

Comment

Working...
                                X