Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
    Butler 2010 2011 Not "great talent".
    Yea, your right, Hayward, Mack, Howard, Smith, Nored were substandard talents. Are you really going to play that card. For every one example of "heart" I could probably come up with 100 talent examples. Maybe you just don't have an eye for talent. The 2008-09 Shocker team had alot of heart...what was their record?

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
      I'm sorry, but if I have to pick between a SR to be DWill and a SR to be Braeuer, I'm taking Matt. He was a leader, a smart player, a coach on the floor and a playmaker. I love what DWill could bring, but Matt showed it.
      Ditto. Hopefully DW is ready to play to his potential his senior season because I am usually left with the feeling he's better than the product on the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
        IDK, this all seems to be taking a GodShawGod type turn.
        +1, +1, +1, ....

Or Fred Tebow.
        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

2-14-06
          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
            +1, +1, +1, ....

Or Fred Tebow.
            Let's hope he can be real like this. (little off season fun)

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

I think FVV has a lot of heart and talent. He took a team with only one player over 6' (and he was injured and didn't play in the state games) to a third place finish in Ill. Sometimes height and talent are just to much for heart and talent. At WSU he won't have that problem.

Comment

I am really looking forward to seeing what FVV can do as a Shocker. Expectations are perhaps excessive but I think I prefer that over having recruits with low expectations.

The thing is, in this day and age I'm not so sure that outstanding athletes, with size, speed and power, are perhaps in much greater supply than athletes with oustantding basketball IQ's. I am really looking forward to seeing what a high basketball IQ guy like FVV (who is not a bad athlete) can do with the teammates 3G will be able to surround him with.

I just luv me sum smart basketball.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 29, 2012, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  The thing is, in this day and age I not so sure that outstanding athletes, with size, speed and power, are perhaps in much greater supply than athletes with oustantding basketball IQ's. I am really looking forward to seeing what a high basketball IQ guy like FVV (who is not a bad athlete) can do with the teammates 3G will be able to surround him with.
                  Just finally watched his recruiting videos. That move where he leaped out of bounds to save a ball and threw it against an opposing player to make it go out on him was more impressive to me than any of his cutbacks or drives. That seems like a very high IQ move, and one that I'm not sure I've ever seen before (sometimes stationary in a trap, like Ragland did in the VCU game, but sprinting down court and leaping out of bounds, to catch it in mid-air and launch it back into the guy's leg?). Very little time to think in that situation, and that kind of IQ and instinct makes me pretty excited about his future.

He looks good, and I'm hopeful. But Braeuer had on-court success and lead us to the Sweet 16. Regardless of numbers, his results speak for themselves. Potential is nice. Sweet 16's are awesome.
                  Originally posted by BleacherReport
                  Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

FVV IN ALL-STAR GAME 3/31 IN MILLWAUKEE

Hey.. If anybody is in the Millwaukee area on Saturday 3/31 and want to check Fred out he will be playing in an all-star game..http://www.rrstar.com/sports/x192843...games-March-31

Comment

FVV MR BASKETBALL SNUB!!

Must read on FVV Mr Basketball snub...http://rockrivertimes.com/2012/03/28...-bigger-issue/

Comment

Originally posted by Mrclove4 View Post
                        Must read on FVV Mr Basketball snub...http://rockrivertimes.com/2012/03/28...-bigger-issue/
                        Quote from the article: " Van Vleet is likely a once-in-a-decade-type player."
                        I like it! A lot! He'll be special.
                        Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

nm

previously posted link in this space was the 2011 all-star game.
                          Last edited by Wuzee; April 1, 2012, 04:58 PM.
                          “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Disappointing, but not surprising considering the past overall history of the State and the honest reputation, past and present, of the great and grand city of Chicago.

Comment

Nice video on FVV. Illinois state finals weekend... http://youtu.be/PJk8W2NA_5I

Comment

I have always saw a FVV as an up and coming Deron Williams...body type, position, leadership and demeanor. If we can even get half of Williams, we will be in store for a good 3-4 years of solid PG play and making the Big Dance.

Comment

Working...
                                X