Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

No, but Frank Martin did. :)
    Well yeah, but by then, that transfer fell under the grad transfer designation...though I am sure that TP took the quality of graduate school studies available in Morgantown into consideration for his transfer decision. **MAJOR sarcastic eye roll**
    78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      This literally hurts, but TP.....transfer, coach fired, coach fired. Mitigating. *says ouch out loud*
      I think the player in our situation is actually wanted after a year.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I had forgotten that Rogers transferred from Cal Poly to Siena before last season. I wonder why this slimy Siena coach was ok with accepting him transferring to Siena from Cal Poly but is not ok with him now transferring to WSU?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
          I had forgotten that Rogers transferred from Cal Poly to Siena before last season. I wonder why this slimy Siena coach was ok with accepting him transferring to Siena from Cal Poly but is not ok with him now transferring to WSU?
          Exactly .. if you are going to make a stand and not allow players to leave .. you better not accept any players from the portal either.

Comment

I mean, the rule was that to accept a one-time transfer does not carry a year penalty. So it wouldn’t be hypocritical at all of the Siena coach.

It could be that Rogers just wanted to leave and try to play at a higher level (totally reasonable) but he had already used up his one-time no-penalty transfer. If so, you have to accept the consequences.

Again, that said, it doesn't seem consistent with how other schools are able to qualify players. But I generally think the transfer sit-out rule is a good one when applied equally.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

No, but Frank Martin did. :)
              Is he on your short list?
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

So they were happy to reap the benefits of the transfer portal but then decided since he's leaving its not their problem to try to help the kid anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

So they were happy to reap the benefits of the transfer portal but then decided since he's leaving its not their problem to try to help the kid anymore.
                  Exactly. It worked in their favor so they were all for it. Now it's just sour grapes and I'm taking my ball and going home.

Comment

Sounds like Siena's AD is trying to hide the fact that their coach is being a jerk about this by hiding behind "it isn't our problem".

Comment

I sure hope Siena doesn't decide to take any second transfers and want them to play right away.

Comment

Might this hurt recruiting from the portal in the future?

Comment

The rule was to allow a one-time transfer. Siena obliged because that was part of the rules and they abided by them. When Rogers wanted to transfer from Siena as his second transfer, he knew that he would likely not receive a waiver because it was his second transfer.

I think we can be mad that the process is patently unfair, but also not be upset with Siena for wanting the rules to be enforced. I think that's disingenuous.
                          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

I sure hope Siena doesn't decide to take any second transfers and want them to play right away.
                            Now that would certainly be hypocritical. Although as far as we know that has not happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                              The rule was to allow a one-time transfer. Siena obliged because that was part of the rules and they abided by them. When Rogers wanted to transfer from Siena as his second transfer, he knew that he would likely not receive a waiver because it was his second transfer.

I think we can be mad that the process is patently unfair, but also not be upset with Siena for wanting the rules to be enforced. I think that's disingenuous.
                              Exactly.

If Siena tried to get a waiver for a 2nd-time transfer without mitigating circumstances, that would be hypocritical. As you say, we may not like it, but they are playing by the rules and I honestly don't blame them. Had, say, Ricky Council transferred to WSU without sitting out, then jumped because he would rather play for a higher level team or greater NIL opportunities, I would support WSU for not signing a run-off waiver.

Comment

Seems like WSU always finds itself at the short end of the stick with this kind of stuff. Screw you, Siena. How hard is it to wish him the best and move on?

Comment

Working...
                                X