Colby Rogers is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
    Seems like WSU always finds itself at the short end of the stick with this kind of stuff. Screw you, Siena. How hard is it to wish him the best and move on?
    Because they sought to abide by the rules. Why should Siena let transfers out just take advantage of the transfer process when they seemed to have no intent to stay at Siena?
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

Exactly.

If Siena tried to get a waiver for a 2nd-time transfer without mitigating circumstances, that would be hypocritical. As you say, we may not like it, but they are playing by the rules and I honestly don't blame them. Had, say, Ricky Council transferred to WSU without sitting out, then jumped because he would rather play for a higher level team or greater NIL opportunities, I would support WSU for not signing a run-off waiver.
      Agree to disagree on this. I think it is petty and low class. I wouldn't support WSU acting this way. In my opinion if a kid doesn't want to be there then so be it. Let them move on and do everything you can to help them.

Comment

I agree that Siena has the right to play this by the book; they have no obligation to Colby Rogers. However, when you look at this on a human level, I think it's pretty spiteful behavior to block a kid from playing basketball elsewhere. I hope WSU never does such a thing. You should want volunteers in your program, not hostages.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Agree to disagree on this. I think it is petty and low class. I wouldn't support WSU acting this way. In my opinion if a kid doesn't want to be there then so be it. Let them move on and do everything you can to help them.
          Agreed, if they want to leave .. try to convince them to stay, but if they want to move on, I want WSU to help them anyway they can. They dedicated time to WSU, we should do the same in return.

Comment

I actually agree with Siena on this. They are not in a position to pull in a CR type player consistently. The only card they have is the card they are playing. Players want to play. If they know they will have to sit a year, it makes it a harder decision to jump just because your coach is a hard ass and you want to sit in your room and toke.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
              I actually agree with Siena on this. They are not in a position to pull in a CR type player consistently. The only card they have is the card they are playing. Players want to play. If they know they will have to sit a year, it makes it a harder decision to jump just because your coach is a hard ass and you want to sit in your room and toke.
              Except the player is still leaving ... and future recruits will see this and second guess transferring there ... So their card really isn't a winning card.

Comment

The only way this merry go round slows down is if the 1 time transfer rule is enforced. Stinks for us this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Because they sought to abide by the rules. Why should Siena let transfers out just take advantage of the transfer process when they seemed to have no intent to stay at Siena?
                  It's a courtesy and creates goodwill. Why antagonize a guy when he wants out? What does Sienna get from not allowing him to play? Honest question.

Comment

This "runoff waiver" seems to create a loophole allowing for unlimited transfer without paying the 1 year price. Which do you want? 1 time free transfer, then a 1 year price, or unlimited transfers? Can't have it both ways.

Comment

I wish they'd release him, but they have every right to do this. Personally I think everybody ought to have to sit.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Except the player is still leaving ... and future recruits will see this and second guess transferring there ... So their card really isn't a winning card.
                        Exactly! What is the end game? It will be the same outcome regardless. Do you really want a disgruntled player who doesn't want to play for you? There is no logical reason to withhold on Siena's part other than out of spite. Yes it is not ideal and sucks, but he is leaving regardless. Why punish him further unless you just want to be petty.

Comment

Except they aren’t after the type of player that would move on after a year. They are after the players that they have to develop and likely don’t want to bring in a project just to have them transfer when they are ready to produce.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                            The only way this merry go round slows down is if the 1 time transfer rule is enforced. Stinks for us this year.
                            The problem is the rules are not enforced equally.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

True except for the fact that players know if their 2nd transfer is to KU, UT, Kentucky or several other schools, there won't be a sit out year.

Comment

I wonder if we could get a big time booster to double up Sienas coaches income for a year in return for his signature.
                                That's how the blue bloods get things done.

Comment

Working...
                                X