Colby Rogers is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
    The rule was to allow a one-time transfer. Siena obliged because that was part of the rules and they abided by them. When Rogers wanted to transfer from Siena as his second transfer, he knew that he would likely not receive a waiver because it was his second transfer.

I think we can be mad that the process is patently unfair, but also not be upset with Siena for wanting the rules to be enforced. I think that's disingenuous.
    I think that is right, but it also seems like we get none of the breaks others seem to get with the same scenarios. With our track record he probably will be ineligible this year, get enough credits here to graduate and be immediately eligible somewhere else next year.

Comment

If all schools took the approach of Sienna, kids would think twice about the 2nd transfer, but they don’t. This is why the NCAA has to step in and take the “school permission” part out of the process. It makes Sienna look bad when all they are really doing is playing by the rules. It’s the kids that are wanting the rules to be bent, not the college.

Comment

That IS the NCAA way.

Play by the rules, be labeled the bad guy or be punished.

Cheat and you're golden.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          That IS the NCAA way.

Play by the rules, be labeled the bad guy or be punished.

Cheat and you're golden.
          This is FACT!

Comment

No news yet.... But Bilas picked up the story.

Comment

**** Jay Bilas

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                **** Jay Bilas
                Agreed with Siena.
                How many schools does this dude need to bounce around to?
                Its already a major league mess with allowing kids to transfer and play immediately at a different school.
                Throw in the NIL insanity and you have the current mess in collegiate sports.

This kid is criss crossing the country from Cal Poly to Siena to WSU...who is next? Maybe Florida somewhere so he has covered all directional points.
                AND WSU fans make fun of Stevenson? Same deal, just a different player.

That is all.
                Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

Agreed with Siena.
                  Its already a major league mess with allowing kids to transfer and play immediately at a different school.

This kid is criss crossing the country from Cal Poly to Siena to WSU...who is next? Maybe Florida somewhere so he has covered all directional points.

That is all.
                  Jay Bilas did not agree with Sienna. He pointed out why they should sign the waiver.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

Agreed with Siena.

That is all.
                    So you agree with Jay Bilas, and Bilas has always had a balanced POV. But if Rogers would have transferred to a Duke or KU, then would Bilas still think he shouldn't be free to transfer? This isn't about Siena. Bilas has never cared about the non-P5 schools, and never will. The NCAA should develop one set of rules, and stick by them, and Bilas and his ilk should believe in one set of rules, and not change their mind on who is involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

So you agree with Jay Bilas, and Bilas has always had a balanced POV. But if Rogers would have transferred to a Duke or KU, then would Bilas still think he shouldn't be free to transfer? This isn't about Siena. Bilas has never cared about the non-P5 schools, and never will.
                      ??????
                      Jay Bilas is saying he should be free to transfer!

Comment

Analogies apparently make comprehension hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Topshock View Post

??????
                          Jay Bilas is saying he should be free to transfer!
                          From Shock Ref's comment, it sounded like Bilas agreed With Siena. Shock Ref wasn't clear and I didn't see any quote of Bilas.

Comment

Bilas is right. The kid doesn’t want to be there and doesn’t want to play for you. Let him go. IB’s quote said it best. You want kids on your team who want to be part of your program. If they don’t let them go and don’t be a hindrance just to be a d!ck.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

So you agree with Jay Bilas, and Bilas has always had a balanced POV. But if Rogers would have transferred to a Duke or KU, then would Bilas still think he shouldn't be free to transfer? This isn't about Siena. Bilas has never cared about the non-P5 schools, and never will. The NCAA should develop one set of rules, and stick by them, and Bilas and his ilk should believe in one set of rules, and not change their mind on who is involved.
                              M,
                              You hitting the bottle early this AM?
                              I couldn't have been more clear about my point and it had little to do with Bilas.

Take a couple minutes, get a cup of coffee in you and read my post again. My point is about school hopping players and the insanity currently taking place.
                              Have a nice day.

That is all.
                              Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                                Bilas is right. The kid doesn’t want to be there and doesn’t want to play for you. Let him go. IB’s quote said it best. You want kids on your team who want to be part of your program. If they don’t let them go and don’t be a hindrance just to be a d!ck.
                                Maybe they are doing it just to be a dick or they could be taking a stand against the unfettered free agency that has become the norm in colllege basketball. I may have misread the tone ond f the board in that it seemed to to me the majority on here favored some limitations on free agency except that position only seems to apply when it doesn't impact one of our recruits.

If the Siena coach is just be a dick who is his dickness targeting. Cobly Rogers or Wichita State or both or, as I said is it the system we have in place. Now whether or not it is a stand that will hurt Siena more than help it is another discussion and it is not likely to have a major impact on the current transfer environment unless a many, many more schools join Siena in taking such an approach and I don't see that happening.

However, it seems to me that free agency works more in favor of the haves of college basketball than it does for the have nots but that is generally how the NCAA works.

Comment

Working...
                                X