No announcement yet.

Colby Rogers is a Shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The NCAA should not require schools to release players. The rule should be very simple, 1 time free transfer for any reason. Any subsequent transfers require a year to sit. They have to have some teeth to slow down the transfer process.

Comment

I've had a good chuckle from certain Memphis fans harassing UIC over the Damaria Franklin waiver. Nearly every UIC hoops tweet has something like this in the replies:

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
        The NCAA should not require schools to release players. The rule should be very simple, 1 time free transfer for any reason. Any subsequent transfers require a year to sit. They have to have some teeth to slow down the transfer process.
        I actually agree with this .. but until they get rid of the waiver process .. the previous coaches sign off shouldn't even be involved. Either its strictly a third party review or there is no waiver process. Not this half assed middle ground.

Comment

I hope college basketball pumps the brakes on the transfer portal and I wholly believe players should have to sit out their second time transferring....

Putting that aside, and putting on my hypocritical biased fan hat, I really just want to benefit one time in this instance and have Colby play this year haha.

Comment

These rules are in place for a reason. Players can't just continue to transfer schools with no consequences. It incentivizes tampering, which is already rampant.

It's crazy how many other players and schools seem to get these waivers approved, while every waiver we've every tried to submit has been denied.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
              These rules are in place for a reason. Players can't just continue to transfer schools with no consequences. It incentivizes tampering, which is already rampant.

It's crazy how many other players and schools seem to get these waivers approved, while every waiver we've every tried to submit has been denied.
              We're getting transfers from the wrong schools/coaches apparently. It seems to be a widely accepted practice for programs to sign them no matter what. Siena and WVU seem to be in the minority that won't.

But it's also frustrating because TP has transferred three times now I believe and never had to sit. You watch a douche like that benefit from it and it can be frustrating when we're constantly denied.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

If you want to fabricate "mitigating circumstances", and you have no integrity, it's very, very easy to do so. If you have integrity, it's not easy unless there really are mitigating circumstances. I just think WSU plays it straight whereas other schools are willing to embellish some circumstance that isn't near what they make it seam.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

If you want to fabricate "mitigating circumstances", and you have no integrity, it's very, very easy to do so. If you have integrity, it's not easy unless there really are mitigating circumstances. I just think WSU plays it straight whereas other schools are willing to embellish some circumstance that isn't near what they make it seam.
                  It sounds like the vast majority of players don't need such circumstances as coaches will just sign the I ran them off waiver.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

It sounds like the vast majority of players don't need such circumstances as coaches will just sign the I ran them off waiver.
                    That's true, but we're talking about the situations where they don't.

Comment

Would not be shocked to see more small programs not sign waivers when they lose their best players every year.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                        Would not be shocked to see more small programs not sign waivers when they lose their best players every year.
                        While probably true .. there is some MASSIVE irony in the fact that you only need a waiver on your second transfer. So blocking a player from leaving to another school who you had no problem accepting from another school is some sort of stance ...

Comment

This literally hurts, but TP.....transfer, coach fired, coach fired. Mitigating. *says ouch out loud*

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            This literally hurts, but TP.....transfer, coach fired, coach fired. Mitigating. *says ouch out loud*
                            Washington coach didn't get fired
                            78-65

Comment

Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
                              I hope college basketball pumps the brakes on the transfer portal and I wholly believe players should have to sit out their second time transferring....

Putting that aside, and putting on my hypocritical biased fan hat, I really just want to benefit one time in this instance and have Colby play this year haha.
                              That's not hypocritical because NCAA doesn't give good firm definitive rules at this time. That is unfair to the student athletes and the schools. But on the other hand, the schools and athletes know the risk. But should there be a risk? No, I go with your first paragraph.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Washington coach didn't get fired
                                No, but Frank Martin did. :)

Comment

Working...
                                X