Fire Boatright Billboard Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
    Can they just say “Fire Boatright” without the “legacy of failure” part?

That wouldn’t be calling him out on anything; just an opinion.

OR

How about this photo in black and white in the back ground and in yellow text it says something like:

”Tired of the direction of Shocker Athletics?
    Visit SaveShockerSports.com for more information.”

Just a couple ideas.

Sid note: How do politicians get away with saying whatever they want in attack ads, if this is considered an “attack”?
    I'm no attorney but what grounds do they have? Great question about the comparison to public figures. Weird. And I'd be upset too if I were him. Tough crap!

Comment

• Maybe something like:

They want to sue to keep us quit.

Make your voice heard loud and clear!

SaveShockerSports.com
      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
        Very disappointed but not surprised to share this news.

Wichita State Univ has reached out to Lamar and threatened legal action over the billboards. Mr Boatright is "very upset". I have been informed we will need to change the design to something that doesn't "attack" Boatright to keep the ads running. Not sure where to go from here.

I've been a Shocker fan all my life. Most of my athletic wear has a Shocker logo on it somewhere. I've been proud of it when the hoops program was in the dump and when they were on top of the world. I have never felt this much apathy towards the university as a whole. We pay Boatright's salary as donors and taxpayers. We are the ones who support the program. But when we call coming wanting to draw attention to making a change after our voices fell on deaf ears, this is how they respond. Not a dialogue, not even a direct statement or email to us personally, but straight to legal threats. Never heard of that even with other schools "fire (person)" billboards.

Bunch of pus****.
        Buncha horsesh!t but not surprised. He's used to doing whatever he wants and nobody calling him out on it and even giving him a raise. Truth hurts...

Comment

• WSU threatens lawsuit
          Over previous billboard
          #SaveShockerSports

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
            Maybe something like:

They want to sue to keep us quit.

Make your voice heard loud and clear!

SaveShockerSports.com
            Personally I like this idea.
            Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• You can sue anybody for anything. Both slander and libel have to be false statements for his lawsuit to have merit. What successes could he name to prove your billboard as false? His position is weak. I would change it to “Fire Boatright, the WSU community deserves better” if you want to be safe. My guess is you could get free legal representation if they try and move forward. He has no supporters left. I am sure several attorneys would love to help with this if it comes to that.
              Last edited by Speak2me; May 3, 2022, 06:05 PM.

Comment

• WSU needs strong LEADERSHIP!

Not people who sue it’s own consumers over an opinion.

SaveShockerSports.com

The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Speak2me View Post
                  I would change it to “Fire Boatright, the WSU community deserves better” if you want to be safe.
                  Maybe: Wu can do better

For the punny WSU reference ;)
                  The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    WSU threatens lawsuit
                    Over previous billboard
                    #SaveShockerSports
                    I like something like this. So what exactly did they say needed to be taken off? I would ask them specifically what they object to. If it is just the Legacy of Failure part then we address just that part.

Comment

• Would love to get a legal opinion on this. Seems flimsy. Scare tactics.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                        Would love to get a legal opinion on this. Seems flimsy. Scare tactics.
                        Agreed. Classic lawyer scare tactic. Doesn't seem that there is much basis for their claims. Hurt feelings isn't a defense.

Comment

• Did they not click on the website? The answers are all right there.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

I'm no attorney but what grounds do they have? Great question about the comparison to public figures. Weird. And I'd be upset too if I were him. Tough crap!
                            Yah what is slanderous about wanting the slimy raising AD fired? If there’s anything worth getting legal about, it’s the slimy way a taxpayer raise was given to him WITHOUT any public knowledge…. in the WORST financial state the program has seen.

This is straight up scare tactic BULLSHIT. They’re just mad because somebody in this town had the balls to call out WSU for what it is right now.

I wouldn’t cave at all. The reasons are laid out clear on the website. They think they can just bully us around with their clout. But again, what was said on there that was grounds for any legal sort of liability?

Nothing.

This is NOT a good way to appease a fanbase. **** them.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• WSU Athletics are in the wrong Boat.

Right the ship, go in a different direction.

SaveShockerSports.com
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                                Very disappointed but not surprised to share this news.

Wichita State Univ has reached out to Lamar and threatened legal action over the billboards. Mr Boatright is "very upset". I have been informed we will need to change the design to something that doesn't "attack" Boatright to keep the ads running. Not sure where to go from here.

I've been a Shocker fan all my life. Most of my athletic wear has a Shocker logo on it somewhere. I've been proud of it when the hoops program was in the dump and when they were on top of the world. I have never felt this much apathy towards the university as a whole. We pay Boatright's salary as donors and taxpayers. We are the ones who support the program. But when we call coming wanting to draw attention to making a change after our voices fell on deaf ears, this is how they respond. Not a dialogue, not even a direct statement or email to us personally, but straight to legal threats. Never heard of that even with other schools "fire (person)" billboards.

Bunch of pus****.
                                The positive thing is that you know you were successful because you struck a nerve. No nerve struck equals no return comment.

Comment

Working...
                                X