No announcement yet.

NIL Collective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So armchair's instagram has been Kenny Pohto posting stuff from Sweden for like the last week. Way more "take over" content than any other player has done. I wonder if this is a way they found to pay him NIL. For work completed in his home country?

Comment

• The clips are odd :

Take the most mundane parts of your day and video 10 second up close clips of each then post to social.

cue - laying in bed showing my sheets up close, walking to living room showing the ground up close.

Just odd

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoShockers2021 View Post
        The clips are odd :

Take the most mundane parts of your day and video 10 second up close clips of each then post to social.

cue - laying in bed showing my sheets up close, walking to living room showing the ground up close.

Just odd

If you think that is odd... You must not follow very many young people on social media. Because that seems right in line with what most of them post from what I see.

Also Stick is probably right on the NIL stuff. I was wondering why they were having him do so much more - Being in his home country very well could be part of that.

Comment

The clips are odd :

Just odd

That sounds better than some of the ridiculous dance routines I see.

Comment

The clips are odd :

Just odd

Doesn't even appear as if anyone wants to be on these clips. Not sure what the point is or what is being gained.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

That sounds better than some of the ridiculous dance routines I see.
              (taken from a different thread) You see ridiculous, I see something completely different.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

(taken from a different thread) You see ridiculous, I see something completely different.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Oklahoma has joined Texas in nil protections from NCAA
                      Turns out, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Tulsa are going to be operating with a significant advantage because of the state's law.

Comment

• Soon endowments will be allowed to directly pour into collectives, if not already.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• ”Katy bar the door”
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Compared to VERY MANY universities and particularly the P5 schools, WSU has an alumni base that isn't in the same ball park financially. It was only a bit over 60 years ago that WSU was a municipal college mainly attended by commuters who couldn't afford residency at other schools. There's not much generational wealth in WSU alumni compared to schools like UT, Michigan, KU - and the list goes on nearly forever.

That is going to make a huge difference in the $$ available for NIL. WSU has an advantage in not having to provide NIL to maybe 80 FB players.

In baseball terms, if the P5 and other schools with wealthy alumni bases are AAA minor leagues, then WSU is AA. The dregs of D1 basketball (think Alcorn State) are at best the Class A minor league. There is considerable wealth in the Wichita area, but if that wealth connects more to schools other than WSU, then it's only marginally available for WSU.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• The NCAA should count themselves fortunate that these big schools don't charge the NCAA for attaching their NCAA logo to these programs. Do schools like Oklahoma, Texas, etc... even need the NCAA?

Has the sole purpose of the NCAA now been reduced to a role of a bully to schools that don't have the financial resources to defend their pay to win at all costs mantra?

How many schools were being investigated prior to NIL? How many of those schools and cases are tossed to the side of the road like an empty can of beer or soda at this point.

What a f#!*king pandora's box it is that has been opened. Thanks Jay, you d@*k.

Comment

• While the alumni base isn't as big, the business base is much bigger than many schools, including many P5 schools. That is potentially a big advantage.

Comment

Working...
                                X