NIL Collective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Sorry, but from all of your posts, you aren't a true Shocker fan or at least you only have been one a short amount of time.
    You're wrong. I just Googled it, and you're wrong.

Comment

Well, Shoxlax, if you don't think that Soccer Sucks, just look at how many people attend games and watch it in America.

Comment

Sorry, but from all of your posts, you aren't a true Shocker fan or at least you only have been one a short amount of time.
        Fan since MTXE when in elementary school. Believe what you will. I don't believe that trying to keep up with a system that has become unmoored from reality should be the shibboleth for fandom. I'm not the guy capable of writing the checks that would make that happen. I'm willing to wager you aren't either. So you can talk all the **** you want but unless you can regularly stroke six figures to the program your opinion and my opinion of what transpires is not worth a squirt of piss.

If you can and are then I will gladly shut the **** up and say "thank you."
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

BOBB is a great Shocker fan….he just has a jaded sense of humor which I admire.
          Thanks, I'm not 100% kidding though. The system is rotten.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post

Thanks, I'm not 100% kidding though. The system is rotten.
            What was your original moniker here? Big O Bella Bada$$? My memories fading fast.
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

What was your original moniker here? Big O Bella Bada$$? My memories fading fast.
              Big Ol' Badass Balla. Everyone called me BOBB or "Wanker" anyway so I changed it to BOBB.

I remember driving home from games in 2007 and yelling at the radio and then I learned I could come on here and scream into the void with hundreds of others. Nirvana.

Comment

Well, Shoxlax, if you don't think that Soccer Sucks, just look at how many people attend games and watch it in America.
                MLS sites regularly sell out.

Comment

Big Ol' Badass Balla. Everyone called me BOBB or "Wanker" anyway so I changed it to BOBB.

I remember driving home from games in 2007 and yelling at the radio and then I learned I could come on here and scream into the void with hundreds of others. Nirvana.
                  Hush up wanker...

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    Saw something, no idea if it's true, but by the summer every Oklahoma football player will get 50K a year. Of course, they are free to obtain any other deals that are available to them, but this will be something down to start.
                    Yes, same at A&M, Texas, etc. Starting linemen get like $200k

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

Yes, same at A&M, Texas, etc. Starting linemen get like $200k
                      A&M supposedly spent 25-30 million on their recruiting class this year. That just the newcomers.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

A&M supposedly spent 25-30 million on their recruiting class this year. That just the newcomers.
                        So bad that Georgia and Clemson are complaining to the NCAA, Boo Hoo

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

If you multiply that by 4 classes that's roughly an NFL team salary structure, spread over twice as many bodies.

Comment

The OU number of $50k/player/year seems low. Local high school players are being offered more for their services at school with much smaller pockets.

Comment

I find all of this disgusting. Now I am losing interest in football, as well. I'll just go watch my grand kids play their sports more. Will keep my season BB tickets to see how next year turns out but I am getting closer to the edge. I started watching basketball when the roundhouse first opened. My dad took my bro and I and general admission was a quarter sitting behind the basket. That's how far back I go so it's hard to give it up.

Comment

MLS sites regularly sell out.
                                They sure do! Soccer will eventually become huge in America. Especially with the world cup coming in 2026! The hype was around in 1994 which helped create the MLS. Excited to see what this world cup will bring to America.
                                Shocker Alumni
                                Shocker Club Soccer alumni
                                Jayhawk fan but the Shockers come first

Comment

Working...
                                X