No announcement yet.

NIL Collective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shockerfan, you are right. WSU, like everyone else, either needs to adapt or get left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by calfan View Post
      Shockerfan, you are right. WSU, like everyone else, either needs to adapt or get left behind.
      There is no adaption that will even the competition, or even close the gap. Top 2 football programs bring in 174 million/yr. . The 25th highest is at 77 million/yr.. this is an indicator of financial support a school may generate for nil deals.
      That's the top 25 football only numbers. Football is the primary revenue generator for college athletics.
      How in the world would the bottom 250 schools ever compete with that?
      I have to agree with whoever said that a new amateur athletic association needs to be formed with new/no nil deals and modified transfer rules.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        I think KU has patented "the cockgobblers"
        You are correct, my "cockgobblers" search revealed the following program. We're talkin' "cockgobblers" foosball, it's not rocket science...

"Now, the cockgobblers players are being offered an opportunity to partner with a Wichita, Kansas-based company with an expansive new offering for their foosball program."

"According to the 12th Man Strategies company, which is an offshoot of the 6th Man Strategies group that partnered with the Cockgobblers basketball program, it is launching the “One Hundred Club” with a mission to find 100 people willing to donate $1,000 monthly as part of a targeted annual goal of $1.2 million.

At least the "cockgobblers" are doing something...

Group launching Kansas Jayhawks' bold NIL plan with $1.2m goal, special gameday access - Footballscoop

Shockers think-tank in action...
        the 'boatman' is easy to spot.

P.S. I've heard from a reliable source that we have something in the works.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

On top of the TV money from football you have to factor in wealth and generosity of the fan base. Schools like Texas, Texas A&M, Ohio State, Michigan, Alabama, etc,. Have enormous private money that will constantly refill the coffers. It’s not about having 1 or 2 primary benefactors, it’s about having a wide and deep collection of super wealthy alumni.

Comment

Comment

Sorry to burst some bubbles, but schools will have to continue to play buy games, or they will have to shut down their programs. Not just FB, ALL programs.

Comment

Taylor working up a piece on this and it's implications. Maybe there is time to save RC4 and Porter at least .. but I'm guessing we wont have the funds to match.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Taylor working up a piece on this and it's implications. Maybe there is time to save RC4 and Porter at least .. but I'm guessing we wont have the funds to match.
                  They can move on. Not interested in begging them to come back.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Pickle View Post

If we are going to be begging any and all players to come .. i'd rather us beg some known quantities ...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Pickle View Post

Abso****inglutely

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                        Sorry to burst some bubbles, but schools will have to continue to play buy games, or they will have to shut down their programs. Not just FB, ALL programs.
                        No they won't. You're not thinking small enough.

Who's paying JUCO programs, or NAIA programs to show up regularly? Now we may be sitting on benches or bleachers and the trips may be to McPherson and Baldwin City by bus. But there is a level. We may even have football again.
                        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Saw something, no idea if it's true, but by the summer every Oklahoma football player will get 50K a year. Of course, they are free to obtain any other deals that are available to them, but this will be something down to start.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            Saw something, no idea if it's true, but by the summer every Oklahoma football player will get 50K a year. Of course, they are free to obtain any other deals that are available to them, but this will be something down to start.
                            My boss is an ex-OU football player. I will see if he knows anything. I wouldn't doubt it.
                            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post

No they won't. You're not thinking small enough.

Who's paying JUCO programs, or NAIA programs to show up regularly? Now we may be sitting on benches or bleachers and the trips may be to McPherson and Baldwin City by bus. But there is a level. We may even have football again.
                              Sorry, but from all of your posts, you aren't a true Shocker fan or at least you only have been one a short amount of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Sorry, but from all of your posts, you aren't a true Shocker fan or at least you only have been one a short amount of time.
                                BOBB is a great Shocker fan….he just has a jaded sense of humor which I admire.

Comment

Working...
                                X