Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You're the coach, who do you bring back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're the coach, who do you bring back?

If you could be the coach, who on the current roster would you bring back next year?

Looking through the roster, I would definitely want Aaron Ellis with all his potential and maybe JT if his defense can improve. I would probably also keep Ramon because of hard work ethic.

Other than those, I'm not sure about anyone else.

Whoever wants to come back. I wouldn't kick anyone off the team unless I absolutely had to. I'd tell them their role for next season and if they didn't like it, they could leave.
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    -- Yogi Berra

Comment

I'm taking Ramon back for sure
      Graham and Mantas a 50/50 spilt
      Aaron is 70/30, in favor of bring him back
      If JT were to defend better then maybe

Comment

Based on what a few posters are saying we don't bring anybody back because they have no talent. So unless coach "gets it" we fire 'em all and bring in players who can play coaches system!!1111

T

...8)

Comment

Isn't Aaron Ellis the only true Marshall recruit?

Comment

I don't think people realize that when you get rid of players, you don't just suddenly bring in amazing guys to fill their spots. You can't just get rid of Gal because he's had a few rough games and you can't just get rid of JT because his defense is suspect. This is college, not the pro's, you can't just go to the waiver wire and pick someone up if one of your players has a sub-par season. Cutting a guy is only a good idea when he's a problem to the team.
            "You can observe a lot just by watching."
            -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Uhhhh, I think when your million-dollar-a-year job depends on winning games, you go get guys that will win games for you. The end.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker
                Mantas, Ellis, Hawkins and Orupke are all his recruits.
                ________
                COLORADO MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

You have to be able to make a large upgrade to run guys off. I think MT could be accused of running guys off too early without having a real upgrade in place. I think there are a couple of obvious choices for this year, but all guys who are getting minutes this year will be back.

Comment

Show me the money

Comment

To be honest With knowing me and my tempermant I would walk into practice *first thing tomorrow morning* and ask who wants to be here.

for those that dont see ya.

Then for those wanting to stay would be benched until midway through the first half for Lance Harris Bret Michael and Brett Burley *providing they want to stay*. No offense to these players but there should be a reason for not being as good as we can be. At least now we have the excuse that we are starting walk on players and thats the reason for stinking it up.

If we can get the ball rolling on Offensive I still stand by we can make a nice little run.

But tonight there was no effort nor care on EITHER side of the ball. Which is completley UNACCEPTABLE whether your on the college or professional level.

Comment

I am really disappointed with Mantas and Ellis. Even though Ellis is tall, and could develop, he should be showing more by now, and Mantas is a C- for a 6'7" guy.

At least Hatch can shoot above 20%.

That game was embarrassing tonight, big time. We were getting laughed at a lot.

Comment

I bring back anyone who wants to come back. JT's the only guy who might not deserve it, but I've never met him, so no sure call here...
                          Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
                          Students > Alumni
                          If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
                          The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Originally posted by goshocks
                            Originally posted by 1979Shocker
                            Mantas, Ellis, Hawkins and Orupke are all his recruits.
                            Ellis fell into our lap. Not many schools have open schollies in August.

Transfers (Hawkins) largely recruit themselves, but I'm sure HCGM had to do at least some work.

Orukpe and Mantas are Okon's guys.

So I'm not sure any of our current guys are "Marshall's guys", but that is the nature of putting together a staff and recruiting class on very little time. You bring on guys like Okon for immediate and future recruiting connections.

As for the question at hand, I do the following:

- Mantas and Ramon are back for their senior seasons. With Mantas, sometimes you just have to stick with your guy, even if he doesn't live up to expectations.

- I try to convince Preadom that his skills would be better utilized at a D2 and may make for a more memorable senior year. If he disagrees, I don't deny him his last year.

- Durley and Ellis return. Too much potential to lose.

- Mekel is welcome to return.

- Hatch can return, unless I find a stud that makes pushing a guy out worth it. He could really benefit from a year in juco.

- Butler needs to go the juco route. That frees up the scholarship to cover the signing of Stutz.

Comment

Memo to Arbry Butler: 0 minutes. Your schollie just got the ziggy.
                              Egotism is the anesthetic of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                              X