Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You're the coach, who do you bring back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the thing that makes me think Butler wont be back is, tonight when we are down by 25 points, and he still sees no PT.
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

What a nightmare!

I swear I can guard better than JT.

Also, I swear I can guard #10.

By the way zone lovers, I hope you are happy.

Comment

Im starting to think JT durley is not suited for the way Gregg Marshall wants to play. It seems to me that Marshall likes the more athletic post players.
        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

The only thing that doesn't make JT a "Gregg Marshall" player is that space in between his ears.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
            The only thing that doesn't make JT a "Gregg Marshall" player is that space in between his ears.
            Exactly. There is absolutely nothing wrong with his athleticism. There aren't many 4 men in this league who are as athletic as JT. In better shape, leaner, better able to use their athleticism for long stretches, but not more athletic as far as pure quickness, leaping or strength.

Comment

If I'm the coach, Preadom, Clemente, Ellis, and Durley could play for me. Everyone else is on the no return list, IMO.

This was going to be a transition year at best. I had WSU down for 16 wins, and that was before MB and RC went down and Orupke didn't show. WSU was also not picked high in the preseason. Next year will be better, but with a very young team. I'm afraid it might be 2 years before WSU is really good again. I think it will be worth the wait!!!

Comment

AB won't be back, surely. That covers the "one over" situation. Coach already said publicly that he is going to go get two more. I assume that will mean that two more existing guys will depart. Guys that Coach did NOT bring in are Durley, Preadom, Mekel, and Hatch. Logically then, two of those four will not be back.

Comment

Marshall's keying on players who aren't playing scared right now. Anyone who plugs in their brain, plays hard and with confidence will score points with him as the evaluations continue.

*Hatch is doing just that right now, hence the start against MSU.
                  *Durley is in dangerous waters, despite his obvious upside.
                  *Ellis will be OK though I think his life is h-e-l-l right now.
                  *Preadom is just the opposite, no matter how hard he tries it's not happening.
                  *Mekel will return if he ever wants to play in the U.S. again. If Marshall can get another good shooting juco guard maybe he'll push Mekel out.
                  *With Mantas, if he does nothing the rest of the season maybe he goes but you don't want to get a bad reputation in the juco ranks.

*I believe you would see Brett Michael play center before Butler sees the floor. No further commenary necessary.

Comment

Hatch is scoring some points right now with Marshall....it's nice to see someone be aggressive out there.

Comment

With Murry and Kyles coming in next year I don't see how we have much room for both Hatch and Mekel next year. My preference would be Graham Hatch. He can shoot the ball as well as Gal and has a better BB IQ. Every time it looks like Gal starts to get it at the point(Bradley game) he has a game like last night. I just don't know what to do (sorry for the Turgeon reference) with Wendell. The only way he can score is if he is the only one on the court. His defense is solid and he will be a senior next year (maybe ask him to walk on if he wants to stay). If HCGM signs another point in the spring either Gal, Wendell or Graham is probably gone.
                      "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media,
                      which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Comment

I think Marshall values guys who play hard and smart and that he would tend to keep those guys over someone with more talent and less heart . But if someone has such little upside talent wise, the heart may not be enough.

I'd expect Clemente, Gris, Mekel, Hatch (might not have said that a week ago but it's looking more likely) back. I would not be surprised to see Butler, Durley (effort), and Preadom play elsewhere. I can't get a feel for Ellis and his effort. He seems to have talent and shows the effort at times. I agree it would have been nice to redshirt him.

When did coach say publically that he was going to go get two more recruits? I follow pretty closely, and I don't recall that. I do remember some general references to continuing to recruit all the time (recruiting is like shaving, you miss a day and you look like a bum), but I don't remember any specifics of number of players, etc.
                        Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers
                          Coach already said publicly that he is going to go get two more.
                          Actually, he said there might be a couple more joining the team.

Comment

This was my first time watching the WSU and I was going to post my impressions on the game in another thread. However, there is just too much to cover in the limited time I have. In short, the sad thing was I did not get angry. They were pathetic and I actually felt sorry for them. I don't know what is going to happen next year. In light of what I saw last night and have read throughout the season this is how I see the current roster based upon the current situation:

Ellis - He looked like a freshman at times last night, especially on defense. He needs to get stronger so he can improve his rebounding. His shot did not look too bad. Ellis should stay based upon pure potential.

Mekel – If he wants to come back WSU should welcome him. I know the kid has a slow release but I had forgotten how slow. His point guard play was just OK. He only had a couple of turnovers but also only one assist. Rebounding, for a guard, was good. He played a ton of minutes last night.

Preadom – The kid is all effort and I would not ask him to leave simply because he will be a senior.

Clemente – Stays. At times he seemed like the only player who cared last night. He is undersized and was rushing his shot last night. However, he is a great rebounder – especially on the offensive glass.

Hatch – To early to call in my book. I will say this, the fact that he started shows how desperate CGM really is right now. Good outside shot but that is about it. He got lost on D more than a couple of times last night and while he can shoot – he will struggle to get his shot off when no one else is scoring. Hatch is getting a chance to prove himself and I think it could be interesting to watch.

Durley – Did not impress me last night. One good block and I was surprised he grabbed 7 boards in 15 minutes. He has had some good nights I know but he looked a little lazy last night. The kid has talent but I agree with other posters – he could be walking a real thin line with CGM.

Michael – The kid played like a walk on. He turned the ball over once and I found myself wanting Mekel back in the game as soon as possible.

Butler – I have been in this kids corner for a long time but unless there is something I don't know (injury related) CGM has no plans to keep him around.

Griskenas – It looked to me like he tried to be assertive early on but when he was not successful – he gave up. That bothers me; however, I know the kid can play. So in my book he stays. Someone has to help Ellis at the 3 next year.

Burley – He is a walk on so if he wants to hang around so be it.

Comment

I know it's dark right now but why are we discussing major changes and we are only four games into the Valley season? We will have many months to cuss and discuss all of this. I am interested to see what changes are made after March is over and how it'll impact the 08-09 season.

Go Shocks!!!!
                              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Royal, can you find that "two more guys" quote, context, etc.? I dunno when/where it was.

Comment

Working...
                                X