Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You're the coach, who do you bring back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gal might be gone because he might go pro in Israel and make 6 figures

Comment

Originally posted by Hotel Paper
      Gal might be gone because he might go pro in Israel and make 6 figures
      If so, then Marshall will deal with it. There is still a lot of the season left this year. :wsu_posters:
      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Since Hannah is coming from a juco he would be a JR not FR. I would see the following starters

Hannah
        Mekel
        Hawkins
        Clemente
        Stutz

Hannah in place of Ellis

Comment

Oh, sorry about that. Does anybody know how Hannah is doing right now at his JUCO?
          Shocker Forever!!

Comment

I think it is pretty safe to say that Hannah will start every game as a Shocker. IF Gal is going to come back, it will be with the understanding that he will be primarily a 2, just like before MB went down. If Gal can't accept that, he probably will be playing pro ball next year.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerWheelSU
              Oh, sorry about that. Does anybody know how Hannah is doing right now at his JUCO?
              Check out this thread for updates on all our incoming recruits

Stats
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Thanks! That gets me even more excited about next year.

:yahoo:
                Shocker Forever!!

Comment

I think it is pretty safe to say that Hannah will start every game as a Shocker. IF Gal is going to come back, it will be with the understanding that he will be primarily a 2, just like before MB went down. If Gal can't accept that, he probably will be playing pro ball next year.
                  I hope Gal will accept the 2 because i think he plays better there and also allows him to shoot more.
                  Shocker Forever!!

Comment

Starters in game 1 next year will most likely be.....

Hannah
                    Mekel
                    Hawkins
                    Griskanis
                    Clemente

I realize that this is not a traditional lineup. It will not be the starting lineup at the end of the season.

Comment

I think that

Hannah
                      Hawkins
                      Mekel
                      Clemente

would be a good bet. You never know though, because CGM might want some fire power coming off the bench. Orukpe or Stutz will be the 5, probably depending on which one shows the most in practice.

Preadom may come off the bench to start, but I see Kyles and Murry both getting minutes, more so as the season progresses with Preadom getting bless because they both have a shot, and Preadom doesn't. I also see
                      Gris and Durley coming off the bench. Ellis is a question mark.
                      Hatch is kind of a question mark too, depends on what he shows the rest of this season, and the experience he gains.

I am not sure who might be here, and who might not at this point. If we pick up 2 more players like CGM has indicated, I think Butler is gone, and
                      probably 2 other scollies.

The question is: Do you stick with a player that would be a sophmore if they are not working out, or do you go with someone else that seems to have more on the ball? Someone going to be a Junior that has been there 2 years, and still isn't working out would be gone in my books.

I think next year will be very interesting because many more options will be present, and the coach will be doing everything he can to see to it we start and finish with a winning record, and not like this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                        This, very well, could be their year for another National Championship.
                        I wonder how many kids attending KU games use "another championship" in their vocabulary seeing as most weren't even born when KU last won a national Championship. lol :whistle:
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by McShocker
                          I'll let Marshall decide. However, I think some goods teams essentially have two or three "point guards" on the court at the same time. Until a recruit gets on the court in Shocker games and proves he can play, I'm not going to pencil him into the starting lineup.
                          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Someone going to be a Junior that has been there 2 years, and still isn't working out would be gone in my books.
                            Snap, are you totally unaware of the roster? Or are you saying Mekel still isn't working out?

If 2 more guys are signed, then I'd expect Butler, Durley and Preadom to be gone.

Durley had a chance and got into some early games, but his minutes and productivity are dropping. Hatch has moved ahead of Durley in minutes per game and has almost caught him in points per game. It would be a shame to see Preadom miss his Sr year, but he's had enough time to develop and show his abilities by now.

If work ethic, practice hard, potential and on-court performance are the measuring sticks, then that's my list of who goes.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

No, I am not saying that, it was simply a general thing, and not specific.

And no, I do not think Gal will go pro in Europe, because if he goes back home, he will be subject to 2 years of Military Service, and I don't think he or his family want that for him, considering the state of things over there right now.

You may be right about Durley, although I do think that Durley could be the type of player that comes back to haunt you down the road somewhere.

You can teach any player Defense over time, but you can not teach a player to be dangerous Offensively as much, because during game time, the individual player uses his own creativity to make it happen. And it is pretty darn hard to 'retrain' a player to have good shooting form when they have had bad shooting form for so many previous years.

There is a difference from being a little off from being off all the time, and it usually goes back to form, mechanics, and timing.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                                You can teach any player Defense over time, but you can not teach a player to be dangerous Offensively as much, because during game time, the individual player uses his own creativity to make it happen.
                                Yeah but can you teach effort?

Comment

Working...
                                X