2022 TBT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 TBT

Aftershocks just posted that Conner is back for this summers tournament.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Those two game winners he hit last year made CKA ROCK!!!!
    Go Shocks!

Comment

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

I, for one, can't wait for Tekele Cotton, Joe Ragland, and Toure Murry to commit before being forced to pull out due to injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
          I, for one, can't wait for Tekele Cotton, Joe Ragland, and Toure Murry to commit before being forced to pull out due to injury.
          I was into it until it became a pattern in year 2.

Comment

I think you’re seeing alumni not totally supporting the program, now too.

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
              I know its been a while since I have been on the farm, but that's some funky look'n wheat.

Comment

Maybe there's another TBT team called the After Shucks?

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                  Maybe there's another TBT team called the After Shucks?
                  Yeah, that’s corn. Not wheat. Haha.

Comment

Not to be too “nerdy”, but, I believe “shocking” is actually the process of bundling the stalks. Can be wheat, corn, milo, etc. Obviously, our founders were “shocking” wheat…thank God we’re not in Iowa or we’d be the “Shuckin’ Shockers”. Would have been appropriate in the 90’s.

Comment

Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post
                      Not to be too “nerdy”, but, I believe “shocking” is actually the process of bundling the stalks. Can be wheat, corn, milo, etc. Obviously, our founders were “shocking” wheat…thank God we’re not in Iowa or we’d be the “Shuckin’ Shockers”. Would have been appropriate in the 90’s.
                      You would think Shocker alums would know that the heritage of the Shocker name (which was shortened from the original Wheat Shockers) had nothing to do with corn or milo, etc. Of course, traditions aren't as important as they used to be.

Comment

Yeah, definitely a fail by the AfterShocks social media team. I have a feeling the twitter account may be run the people at TBT though and some guy on the east coast figured shockers and shuckers were the same thing and none of the alumni bothered to correct the person. I think the alumni used to run a different twitter account - https://twitter.com/wsu_aftershocks
                        Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

MM now on board for this summer. And someone on the social media team must have heard our cries here about the background!

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                            MM now on board for this summer. And someone on the social media team must have heard our cries here about the background!

Wish I could have liked this twice.

Comment

looks like someone redid the background.

Comment

Working...
                              X