No announcement yet.

2022 TBT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come on Tekele. I need one more TC thunder dunk.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
      Come on Tekele. I need one more TC thunder dunk.
      He'll show and pull out.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

He'll show and pull out.
        Lots a babies birthed from that method.
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

He'll show and pull out.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
              Won't pull out

Comment

Won't pull out
                He did last year for the game in Dayton because he went to report for his overseas team, and the AfterShocks got throttled.
                78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

He did last year for the game in Dayton because he went to report for his overseas team, and the AfterShocks got throttled.
                  Full pull out. Half way might get job done...maybe

Comment

Darral Willis has committed to play for the Aftershocks at TBT.
                    Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
                        Another player who will be injured before tip-off this summer.
                        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

There seems to be some disdain for some players, most of them of the more beloved Shockers, pulling out of the tourney with injuries.

We loved these guys because they played the Marshall way with their hair on fire. They looked forward to games because it was easier than practice. Don’t you think they play the same way now that they are pros? If they need the summer to heal before they go back and lace them up to support their family, why do they face so much ridicule? At least they are giving their bodies a chance to be ready for the TBT, and only pulling out if they are not. If they need to pull out due to injury, so be it. At least they showed up.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

There seems to be some disdain for some players, most of them of the more beloved Shockers, pulling out of the tourney with injuries.

We loved these guys because they played the Marshall way with their hair on fire. They looked forward to games because it was easier than practice. Don’t you think they play the same way now that they are pros? If they need the summer to heal before they go back and lace them up to support their family, why do they face so much ridicule? At least they are giving their bodies a chance to be ready for the TBT, and only pulling out if they are not. If they need to pull out due to injury, so be it. At least they showed up.
                            That's just too much common sense in this day and age.

Comment

I get that, but I just wish there would be fewer guys dropping out. It’s been a pattern the last few years of former Shockers committing, only to pull out at the last minute due to injury.

I get it, they’re likely trying to protect their bodies for their pro clubs where they make money, but I do wish they just would say “I can’t play, even though I want to,” and save fans the disappointment.

That said, I would love to see a team with the likes of Ragland, Murry, and Willis. I just don’t think it will happen based on the track record. No hard feelings, but it would be nice to not have guys changing their mind at the last second.
                              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

If they were actually injured it's one thing. However I'm not certain that was ever the case. Tekele was working out before and after the games. Perhaps a conflict of his pro contract.
                                Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Working...
                                X